• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ughhhhhhh!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm ill. began w/ a headache yesterday. now, my head is aching enough that i'm faint, & also, my gut is wrenched, & my under-eyes look similar to those of a drunken bitch that put on too much mascara that then got emotional after a few too many.
& my pipes froze. again. i have 1 functioning sink. i'm an optimist, though- we got sn:w00t2:ow~

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
One way to keep your pipes from freezing is by turning on the tap in the cold weather and just leaving a trickle of water coming out at a steady stream. The water movement prevents the pipes from freezing.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:D. :snow2_smi::letitsnow::rock::bitterCol Better enjoy that snow now. It will be gone by the weekend, and your water lines should thawed out by then.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One way to keep your pipes from freezing is by turning on the tap in the cold weather and just leaving a trickle of water coming out at a steady stream. The water movement prevents the pipes from freezing.
yep, that works for me.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Luvs,

Open the vanity doors under your sinks and let the room heat in under there. It will help thaw them for now...

Regards, Kirk

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
:D. :snow2_smi::letitsnow::rock::bitterCol Better enjoy that snow now. It will be gone by the weekend, and your water lines should thawed out by then.
They might thaw out then. Unless they've already split from the ice. I tore out part of my basement ceiling last night to get to 2 frozen pipes. Did a thorough insulation job where it was lacking. The cold air was just pouring in. Got room heat to the pipes and all was well 2 hours later

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep your basement 80+ and your pipes won't freeze. Feels good when you get out of the hot tub too.:clap::clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've never once had a problem with freezing pipes. Guess our housing up here is built better suited for colder weather. Proper insulation in the walls and ceilings. Double or triple pane windows. Insulated pipes. Having a properly maintained heating source whether it be wood, gas furnace, oil furnace, electric heat etc. It even starts outside with the water lines coming in from the street. In the winter, the ground freezes driving frost down. We have to bury the water lines deeper into the ground so that the frost does not get to them and hope for enough snow during the cold winter months to provide enough insulation on the ground to keep those water lines from freezing.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
In 14 years we've never had a frozen pipe either until now. There was some work done here in the Summer and I think something got opened up under the 3' bump out in the kitchen, not on purpose. That's real near where the wind/air was coming in last night

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
be aware that if you don't flow enough water your sewer will glaciate and plug up.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks fer these tips, guys! my landlord was here. he said wait a day, & that my neighbor's pipes seem too be okay. he is as baffled as me.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Luvs, the biggest cause of frozen pipes is a small opening that lets an icy draft blow across pipes. I have thawed plenty that were in warm rooms but had a small hole usually at or under the floor level. This forms a dam of ice in a hurry and stops the flow. Mice also make nice little draft holes for cold air.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
he warmed 'em earlier & they function properly again. except fer my toilet tank- that is slightly overflowing if i use warm h2o in my sink. i'll drain its tank & see if that fixes that aspect. many pipes burst nearby due to weather fluctuations. only mouse i have is my PC one, muley.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thanx, baldy! i got a sample of cough drops w/ my mail earlier- maybe they'll decongest me.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my 1 sink is 1/2 frozen, again- my temper is paper-thin on that issue.