• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's in a knick name

Tweeker

I have had a number of knick names in my life, some more flattering than others
You don't get to pick your Kname, your piers pick it for you
The one I use here on this forum is tweeker and it refers to what we electronic techs were called in the Navy
We carried in our shirt pocket a few small screwdrivers for adjusting the electronic equipment
Similar to the plethora of ink pens carried by CPA's
Now I discover that the name tweeker applies to meth heads
Most people don't even know that electronic equipment needed to be adjusted in my day
My Kname has become obsolete and maybe so have I
I am frightfully reminded of that twilight zone episode about the obsolete librarian
I would like to go out with a bang like he did
Tweeker

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Whenever I hear of Navy and electronics, all I can think of is the radioman on the diesel sub that Kelsey Gramer (sp?) captained and got past all the nuclear subs in a wargame. Too funny. I hope that wasn't you!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
You've been out for a while! Tweekers are the tools that Twidgets carry in their pockets. Thus, unless you're a
screwdriver in disguise, you're just a dang twidget!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been around mules since I was a toddler and been called Jackass, horse's ass and a few other things most of my life. In high school I was known as Fish because I worked at the fish and crab house.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You've been out for a while! Tweekers are the tools that Twidgets carry in their pockets. Thus, unless you're a
screwdriver in disguise, you're just a dang twidget!

I thought "tweekers" were the guys who put batteries in the phnuematic intercoms!
:whistling:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i honestly thought that. i'm glad u explained ur not tweeking.
i've several nicknames. luvs, angel, sweetie, doll-baby, cutie, skinny-minnie, sweetheart, chickadee, baby sister, aub-eeeee (kiddos usually cannot say my name), aubray (most adults cannot pronounce my name, either). ...... geez, i now see why i hafta check my own i.d. to get my name correct. usually, ppl call me audrey. i say 'my name is aubrey. u know, that 'bread' song, 'aubrey~'

older folks usually know. then it's an, 'oh, yeah!' moment. or i get a blank stare.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks~ they chose my name in the hippie era well before i was born. my family tends to choose names most may not think of.

franc, my Mom used mnemonic devices incessantly. they taught me well. another blatant remark she would say often, tho, was, 'those that insult you- they're jealous. don't let them get to you. pity them. they lack in areas where you're not lacking.' 'choose your friends wisely' was her classic quote, tho.

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey I was a radioman (sparky) when I did my time in the Navy. Hung out with quite a few ET's, but never knew them as tweekers. Nor had I heard the meth head thing. In IT we tweek computers all the time to make them run better and faster. I assumed that was what you were talking about and thought it a kewl name. Shows what I know. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey I was a radioman (sparky) when I did my time in the Navy. Hung out with quite a few ET's, but never knew them as tweekers. Nor had I heard the meth head thing. In IT we tweek computers all the time to make them run better and faster. I assumed that was what you were talking about and thought it a kewl name. Shows what I know. :yum:

I didn't know what a tweeker was either. I had absolutely no idea that it had anything to do with meth. Maybe I need to get out more.

Where I come from a "sparky" is an electrician.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
One place I worked the welders called my "Psycho" guess that was because I am such a nice guy?:unsure:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Stretch in high school as I was the tallest geek in the class.

Sparky for many years because I did electrical work.

Butch is the nickname my honorary grandmother gave me.

My wife has many more, most not very flattering but I'm sure she says them in love. :yum: