• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Troubled young man...MY ASS

Tweeker

I have had it with the simple minded, over tolerant liberal media.
This shooting in Colorado is tragic, but the media pundints only seem interested in this ASS HOLES personal problems.
WHAA, I'm sad bout stuff, I wanna shoot somebody.
I am sick of hearing it, I don't giva a shit about his piss ass problems.
If I was there I would have gladly spent the 50 cents to end his problems.
It seems no one in the liberal shit media care about normal folks or inocent children.
Fuck the liberal media.
:furious::furious::furious:
Tweeker

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
This shooting in Colorado is tragic, but the media pundints only seem interested in this ASS HOLES personal problems.
It seems no one in the liberal shit media care about normal folks or inocent children.
Fuck the liberal media.
Tweeker

Sing it, brother! :clap:

mak2

Yes indeed. I am kinda dissappointed in the citizens of Colorado. I think their firearm laws are very liberal, in that if you arent a felon, aint completely known crazy, and you can pick up a firearm, you can carry anything you want to. What we really should be wondreing about is why no one there returned fire. I dont think there is a lot to learn from these nut jobs, it is just a shame you cant kill them in advance. And no, you cant.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes indeed. I am kinda dissappointed in the citizens of Colorado. I think their firearm laws are very liberal, in that if you arent a felon, aint completely known crazy, and you can pick up a firearm, you can carry anything you want to. What we really should be wondreing about is why no one there returned fire. I dont think there is a lot to learn from these nut jobs, it is just a shame you cant kill them in advance. And no, you cant.

And it would seem you can't do it after either.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Mak,
If I were sitting in a movie theatre at midnight (one of America's greatest..last, innocent pastimes) and experienced what those folks did at first (when the idiot threw the smoke bomb).. maybe I'd have thought it was part of the premiere of the film too.

I don't think those poor souls had a chance to even think, let alone act.

This guy is a cowardly piece of shit who preyed on a lot of innocent people, and leaves us all wondering about the rhyme or reason.

There is none.

mak2

Mak,
If I were sitting in a movie theatre at midnight (one of America's greatest..last, innocent pastimes) and experienced what those folks did at first (when the idiot threw the smoke bomb).. maybe I'd have thought it was part of the premiere of the film too.

I don't think those poor souls had a chance to even think, let alone act.

This guy is a cowardly piece of shit who preyed on a lot of innocent people, and leaves us all wondering about the rhyme or reason.

There is none.

I completely agree with you, I guess I just wish someone would have shot him.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Mak, I believe that the theater was a firearms free business. You can't have a more stringent gun control environment than that, nobody had a gun ... except the lunatic. And therein lies the fallacy of stricter gun control affecting crime. It's the law abiding citizens that get hurt.

I think that the main problem with most or many libs in a situation like this is that they are incapable of believing that someone can be intrinsically bad. They think that everyone can be redeemed, rehabilitated, reprogrammed and returned to society as a functioning member. When shit like this happens they try analyzing the person to see why he and his actions don't fit in to their Kum-by-ya little world or why society affected him to act in this way. It shocks them to their very core. Now on the other hand, people like Tweeker (and quite a few others on this board) recognize that this person is just bad through and through, a total waste of space and no loss to the gene pool and would rather remove him from further temptation right here and now. I know who I think has the more realistic approach to the problem.

mak2

It is a Simon mall, there is one about a mile from me. There is no No Firearm postings in thisone, and I have carried my firearm while in the mall several times. In fact, I purchased my Taruas in the Simon mall. You think I am a lib, and I think there should have been overwhelming return fire. Whatever, he needed shot, but we missed our chance. Now he needs to spend the rest of his natural life in a 10x10 concrete cell. I knowof no one who thinks guys like this should be rehabilitated.
Mak, I believe that the theater was a firearms free business. You can't have a more stringent gun control environment than that, nobody had a gun ... except the lunatic. And therein lies the fallacy of stricter gun control affecting crime. It's the law abiding citizens that get hurt.

I think that the main problem with most or many libs in a situation like this is that they are incapable of believing that someone can be intrinsically bad. They think that everyone can be redeemed, rehabilitated, reprogrammed and returned to society as a functioning member. When shit like this happens they try analyzing the person to see why he and his actions don't fit in to their Kum-by-ya little world or why society affected him to act in this way. It shocks them to their very core. Now on the other hand, people like Tweeker (and quite a few others on this board) recognize that this person is just bad through and through, a total waste of space and no loss to the gene pool and would rather remove him from further temptation right here and now. I know who I think has the more realistic approach to the problem.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry for the double post but something occurred to me.

Do you notice that most of these incidents take place where there are no guns allowed to the law abiding, general public. This movie theater, Virginia Tech, Columbine H.S. Even the Fort Hood incident took place in a location where no one would be armed.

You know, that can't be a coincidence.

mak2

As far as I am concerned everyone, with a very few excpetions, should be armed. This stuff might happen, but only one or 2 would get shot. I really dont think that was a restriced carry area.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a Simon mall, there is one about a mile from me. There is no No Firearm postings in thisone, and I have carried my firearm while in the mall several times. In fact, I purchased my Taruas in the Simon mall. You think I am a lib, and I think there should have been overwhelming return fire. Whatever, he needed shot, but we missed our chance. Now he needs to spend the rest of his natural life in a 10x10 concrete cell. I knowof no one who thinks guys like this should be rehabilitated.

I am of the belief that he does not deserve a 10 X10 X 10 foot space on the planet. For what, to cometo remorse over his deeds.

A 3 X 6 some 6 feet under, with no marker, is more than he deserves.

mak2

Dead is the easy way out for him, and a society that respects life cannot take it when the perp is no longer a threat. And no, feeding him for the next 50 years is not more expensive then executiing him. Make his life suck for 50 years then let him die of cancer. But we cant kill him when it is not self defense.
I am of the belief that he does not deserve a 10 X10 X 10 foot space on the planet. For what, to cometo remorse over his deeds.

A 3 X 6 some 6 feet under, with no marker, is more than he deserves.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
As far as I am concerned everyone, with a very few excpetions, should be armed. This stuff might happen, but only one or 2 would get shot. I really dont think that was a restriced carry area.

Mak, I heard it reported that the theater (not necessarily the mall) was a firearms free zone.

In my previous post I was talking about liberals in general, not you in particular. My friend, it's not always about you.

Besides, you've got me worried. I find myself agreeing with you more often than not lately. Am I starting to become more liberal in my old age? NAH!!!!

mak2

Mak, I heard it reported that the theater (not necessarily the mall) was a firearms free zone.

In my previous post I was talking about liberals in general, not you in particular. My friend, it's not always about you.

Besides, you've got me worried. I find myself agreeing with you more often than not lately. Am I starting to become more liberal in my old age? NAH!!!!

I think you might be listing a bit to port, but I have always been pretty conservative on most topics, I just never got a chance to talk about them much on this forum. So dont be too concerned. When one is the only slightly liberal guy left I guess I just feel I have to carry the torch, sorry if I get on your nerves. I think offically a lot of places are offically no carry areas, but their are no signs and it is not enforced here. I am not sure about there, you might be right.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Dead is the easy way out for him, and a society that respects life cannot take it when the perp is no longer a threat. And no, feeding him for the next 50 years is not more expensive then executiing him. Make his life suck for 50 years then let him die of cancer. But we cant kill him when it is not self defense.

Yes we can. One doesn't keep cancer cells alive after they are excised from the body.

Make his life suck? Excuse me but,,,,,Why the cruelty?

There is no purpose to his life, not even guilt and remorse.

If one is a believer in a higher being then send this soul into that world for judgement

If one does not believe, then there is nothing redeeming about maintaining his existance.

Except perhaps our own vanities.

It has nothing to do with the financial cost of it. There are those still living who must daily deal with the grief of loss ,,,,while scum like this still breathe.

From Alfred. (Batman's butler Kinda Fitting.)
"There are men who wish only for the world to burn."
This soul is one of them.

I find it difficult to understand, much less justify, the morality of a society that would casualy throw away the broken bodies of the innocents taken from their mothers womb, but find it somehow a moral delima to maintain the breath of this evil animal.

mak2

Just for the record, I think abortion is murder. I believe our government should hold all life sacred. But that is just me, if you want to kill the guy, I cant get too mad about it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just for the record, I think abortion is murder. I believe our government should hold all life sacred. But that is just me, if you want to kill the guy, I cant get too mad about it.

Good to hear. But,we put down a mad dog. We don't do it cruely,and we don't do it for revenge. After all, we are civilized.

So, we just put him down.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The whole gun-free zone concept reminds me of a post here about sheep, wolves and sheepdogs (was it Shep who postes it? Can't remember). I couldn't find the post (I'm search feature challenged), but here is a link a friend of mine sent me recently, following a bunch of my liberal friends and relatives (yes, relatives) un-friending me on facebook for my political postings. I, like many others here, consider themselves sheepdogs, and are offended by the ignorant sheep who keep posting those gun free zone signs.

http://www.gleamingedge.com/mirrors/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Fuck the liberal media.
Tweeker

ABC News tried to link the guy with the "Tea Party", they found a guy with the same name as the shooter and then claimed he was a Tea Party memeber to slant those folks, it wasn't long after they retracted the statement when they found out the Tea Party guy was 52 or so and the shooter was 22.... Liberal crap is just rampant, telling the truth really mush really hurt them. Just like Obama Care will be good for you....

ABC draws possible Tea Party connection with alleged Aurora shooter

ABC News has suggested that James Holmes -- the suspect in today's shooting in Aurora, Colorado -- may have a connection to the Tea Party.
ABC's Brian Ross reported this morning that there is "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site... talking about him joining the Tea Party last year."

Full story with video at:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media...aws-possible-tea-party-connection-129568.html

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The posting of a sign that says NO FIREARMS ALLOWED is not necessarily the law. In some states, including mine, saying something that is not allowed does not make it law. Like a sign saying you must have a shirt on to enter. That is not the law. You cannot be arrested for violating that sign. You may be asked to leave. That is different, much different.

Federal Buildings and schools here one cannot carry a gun to. That is the law.

Big difference. Check your state and local laws. You may be surprised. I see the sign I carry anyway. I am not going back to the car and lock it in the glove box with that 5 cent lock on it to get stolen. They do not know as it is concealed and I am breaking NO LAW, just a stupid rule. To hell with rules when they jeporadize my safety. Protecting my wife and myself is my responsibility first.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The posting of a sign that says NO FIREARMS ALLOWED is not necessarily the law. In some states, including mine, saying something that is not allowed does not make it law. Like a sign saying you must have a shirt on to enter. That is not the law. You cannot be arrested for violating that sign. You may be asked to leave. That is different, much different.

Federal Buildings and schools here one cannot carry a gun to. That is the law.

Big difference. Check your state and local laws. You may be surprised. I see the sign I carry anyway. I am not going back to the car and lock it in the glove box with that 5 cent lock on it to get stolen. They do not know as it is concealed and I am breaking NO LAW, just a stupid rule. To hell with rules when they jeporadize my safety. Protecting my wife and myself is my responsibility first.

Unfortunately, a property owner has rights . They can determine that their property is gun free.

It is a right, and requires no staute to enforce.

What they can do about it if you ignore those requests?????? Well he can sue you in court. Civil suit. Because there is not statute to back up the request.

Local grocery chain here in StLouis,Schnucks, was gunfree. Then after several robberies,and a workplace violence shooting, they changed their policy. They went so far as to post signs on the doors that said, "CCW and gun owners, we welcome you in our stores."

It has been over four years now. Haven't heard of a robbery, much less an incident of gun violence, in their places since.

Tweeker

This whole idea of a GUN FREE ZONE is pedantic, and just another example of the level of idiocy that the liberal minded are afflicted with.
They would be better off just putting a lable on thier foreheads saying
victum.
Tweeker

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Unfortunately, a property owner has rights . They can determine that their property is gun free.

It is a right, and requires no staute to enforce.

What they can do about it if you ignore those requests?????? Well he can sue you in court. Civil suit. Because there is not statute to back up the request.

Local grocery chain here in StLouis,Schnucks, was gunfree. Then after several robberies,and a workplace violence shooting, they changed their policy. They went so far as to post signs on the doors that said, "CCW and gun owners, we welcome you in our stores."

It has been over four years now. Haven't heard of a robbery, much less an incident of gun violence, in their places since.

Yes Franc, you are correct. However, Vermont is a different breed of cat in many ways especially when it comes to our guns.

Firstly, this is what Article the Sixteenth of our Constitution says about the matter:

"That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power."

Notice there is no mention of a militia. Simply the people. Period.

Secondly, this State Supreme Court ruling in 1903 cleared things up.

The Vermont Supreme Court said in State v. Rosenthal, 75 Vt. 295, 55 A. 610 (1903)
that requiring a permit is against the Vermont constitution. That is why it is legal to carry either Openly or Concealed in Vermont. The legislature has no power to regulate via a permit system.

Thirdly, it is state law that NO community or entity may write any gun law that will supercede the State of Vermont. No gun free zones except those specifically called for by Federal law or 1000' of schools. Even the last one is looked the other way as long as one does not enter the school.

Arguably the most liberal state in the Union has the least restrictive gun laws in the United States and I am damn proud of it. The Brady Bunch hate us, what does that tell you? I can carry anywhere except when I go to the post office. I stay away from New York and Massachusetts like the plague. No need to go to a communist country. I am up in the hills with my guns and bible.

Like I said, check your local and state laws and be familiar with them.