• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

You are all morons!!!

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Not you FF people here in general, but people who I am forced to work with. I have just fucking had it with ignorant morons who know nothing about anything but think they know everything about all things. The past couple days I have had the case to my 1941 Crosley radio in the shop, working on it here and there to try and clean it up. Well the majority of the shop were in at my desk loitering and doing nothing but whining and ridiculing the fact that I like old radios, and old stuff in general. "Looks like something that belongs in the dump," was just one excerpt of the comments that I recieved. Now keep in mind, these people have the latest greatest computers, cell phones, and all that dumbass bullshit that comes with being an ignorant yuppie asshole. If you asked one of them how to grow a tomato, the likely answer would be "Why would I need to know? The grocery store does that for me!" At this point I am almost wishing for a SHTF scenario, just so I can watch them lose their minds not knowing what to do, and starve to death because they cannot figure out how to cope without things being done for them. They think that older stuff has no value, no use. Well guess what. That super-awesome cellphone you have, and probably paid $300 for, is valued used at what, MAYBE 50 bucks. The Crosley radio I paid 7 dollars for has been consistantly selling for around $175-$200. Noooo that's just a HORRIBLE investment for me to make! I am such a gullible jerk who will buy anything. Oh, and while we're at it, why would I drive a Taurus? Why wouldn't I drive a Volkswagen like they do? Welllll let's see here. Parts are half the price, insurance is a third, oh, and my fairly simple American automobile will last one hell of a lot longer than your everything-is-controlled-with-fucking-electronics foreign garbage. Having the latest and greatest everything is not the way to get ahead in life, and it is certainly not the way to plan for the future. You have a super radio at home, that all you do is plug your Ipod into, and you have nice, tinny, electronic sound for however long the radio lasts. Maybe 5 years at the best. Then when the radio fails, guess what? IT AIN'T WORTH DICK! Meanwhile, my 71 year old radio is just pumping away, sounding great, and if it has an issue, 95% of the time, a $2 tube will have me up and running for another 70 years. So to all the people who think that I am a dumbass because I don't have the most advanced of everything, you can kiss the fattest part of my ass. YOU are the morons, and YOU are what's wrong with this country!!! Keep living how you're living. When the shit hits the fan, you will die first, and that will leave more resources for those of us who aren't total fucking morons.

To any of you who made it through this whole post without your eyeballs melting, let me know. You deserve reps.

mak2

Not you FF people here in general, but people who I am forced to work with. I have just fucking had it with ignorant morons who know nothing about anything but think they know everything about all things. The past couple days I have had the case to my 1941 Crosley radio in the shop, working on it here and there to try and clean it up. Well the majority of the shop were in at my desk loitering and doing nothing but whining and ridiculing the fact that I like old radios, and old stuff in general. "Looks like something that belongs in the dump," was just one excerpt of the comments that I recieved. Now keep in mind, these people have the latest greatest computers, cell phones, and all that dumbass bullshit that comes with being an ignorant yuppie asshole. If you asked one of them how to grow a tomato, the likely answer would be "Why would I need to know? The grocery store does that for me!" At this point I am almost wishing for a SHTF scenario, just so I can watch them lose their minds not knowing what to do, and starve to death because they cannot figure out how to cope without things being done for them. They think that older stuff has no value, no use. Well guess what. That super-awesome cellphone you have, and probably paid $300 for, is valued used at what, MAYBE 50 bucks. The Crosley radio I paid 7 dollars for has been consistantly selling for around $175-$200. Noooo that's just a HORRIBLE investment for me to make! I am such a gullible jerk who will buy anything. Oh, and while we're at it, why would I drive a Taurus? Why wouldn't I drive a Volkswagen like they do? Welllll let's see here. Parts are half the price, insurance is a third, oh, and my fairly simple American automobile will last one hell of a lot longer than your everything-is-controlled-with-fucking-electronics foreign garbage. Having the latest and greatest everything is not the way to get ahead in life, and it is certainly not the way to plan for the future. You have a super radio at home, that all you do is plug your Ipod into, and you have nice, tinny, electronic sound for however long the radio lasts. Maybe 5 years at the best. Then when the radio fails, guess what? IT AIN'T WORTH DICK! Meanwhile, my 71 year old radio is just pumping away, sounding great, and if it has an issue, 95% of the time, a $2 tube will have me up and running for another 70 years. So to all the people who think that I am a dumbass because I don't have the most advanced of everything, you can kiss the fattest part of my ass. YOU are the morons, and YOU are what's wrong with this country!!! Keep living how you're living. When the shit hits the fan, you will die first, and that will leave more resources for those of us who aren't total fucking morons.

To any of you who made it through this whole post without your eyeballs melting, let me know. You deserve reps.

:wow::clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I want to know who spell checked it for you? You know how to rep me.:whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I like that post ..... A LOT. :wow:

It pretty well sums up my attitude to a lot of people out there. They're dripping technology (I-pads, I-phones, I-pods) and they try to hit me up for lunch because, "They're a bit strapped this month". I had one guy pull that about a month ago and I offered him a $100 for his I-pad so HE could buy lunch for the both of us. He was trying to interest me in a "business opportunity". What frggin' chance did he have? :yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good post Rusty.

As an older guy myself, I find myself in a mix of old and new. I don't have an iPad, Wii, DSI's... but the kids do. Mrs. Zoom spoils them a bit at Christmas. I let them appreciate it, but... they better know and appreciate the "old ways". Not 1/2 hour ago, I had them out working with me cutting up a whole trailer load of onions we got out of the garden a few days ago. No bitching or anything from them.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Good post Rusty.

As an older guy myself, I find myself in a mix of old and new. I don't have an iPad, Wii, DSI's... but the kids do. Mrs. Zoom spoils them a bit at Christmas. I let them appreciate it, but... they better know and appreciate the "old ways". Not 1/2 hour ago, I had them out working with me cutting up a whole trailer load of onions we got out of the garden a few days ago. No bitching or anything from them.

No, I agree with that. It's cool and fun to enjoy the new stuff like video games, hi-def TVs, ect. But when you 'can't live without it' , it makes you look like a jackass because, well, people HAVE lived without it. People have lived without cell phones, air conditioners, video games, color tv, ect ect ect....

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You can take the other stuff but I want my a/c!:hammer: Where are my reps????

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
You can take the other stuff but I want my a/c!:hammer: Where are my reps????

You'll get 'em. Work computer is funny and won't let me dish out the green dots for whatever reason. I'll be home in a bit. Patience, dammit PATIENCE! You are just like the kids today. I want it and I want it now!!! :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
People have lived without cell phones, air conditioners, video games, color tv, ect ect ect....

Take air conditioners off the list and I'll agree with you 100%. Living in Texas without a/c can be pretty bloody miserable.

As for the other stuff, I never have seen the need to be in touch 24 hours a day (emergencies excepted) or share my every waking thought with millions of strangers on the internet. I guess that I don't think that I'm all that interesting really. I'm not SPECIAL. :sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember sleeping with the little twin fans in the window blowing across the bed or crashing on the living room floor in front of a big 20" box fan. Don't want to go back to that by choice. When we got married we lived in a big old airstream in a trailer park. Was tough to make happy when you sweated just walking back to bed.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
great post! luved it! 1 of my most prized items:

my beloved deceased Grandma's singer. got it @ my Pap's estate sale. sweetest thing was the piece of tablet paper in that bag attached to the machine i found when i took the lid from her.
so proud was my Grandma to own a singer, she jotted the date & how she would use that singer. weighs so much, took all my effort to get it thru 4 rooms for the pic.
a blessing to own.
ah, thanx for a refreshing post.

Attachments

• IMG_1006498.jpg
    IMG_1006498.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 167

Tweeker

That will be one of the few things to enjoy when the SHTF, watching these young "Geniuses" trying to figure out how this old stuff works. :yum:
Tweeker

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
That will be one of the few things to enjoy when the SHTF, watching these young "Geniuses" trying to figure out how this old stuff works. :yum:
Tweeker

Dude that would be one thing to look foward to haha. "Soooooo how do I make my food when the microwave doesn't work?" :unsure:

:yum::yum::yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
"Soooooo how do I make my food when the microwave doesn't work?" :unsure:

:yum::yum::yum:

Buy a small 110 volt microwave and plug it in to the generator. Simple!!!

I got mine for $25 at a sale. I keep it out in the shop to warm a "Hot Pocket" or something when I'm working and don't want to stop and get cleaned up to come in to the house.

OK, so I'm a prepper!!!!!!

loboloco

Not really a hardcore prepper, but I keep a few weeks food around and enough ammo to get what I need when the SHTF. Also know how to kill, clean and butcher several varieties of meat animals. Know how to cook on an open fire or on banked coals. Know how to make bread from acorns, wheat, corn, rye and oats from the 'raw'. Also know how to make and use a crossbow. Longbow, not anymore, my shoulder hates the draw anymore.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Not really a hardcore prepper, but I keep a few weeks food around and enough ammo to get what I need when the SHTF. Also know how to kill, clean and butcher several varieties of meat animals. Know how to cook on an open fire or on banked coals. Know how to make bread from acorns, wheat, corn, rye and oats from the 'raw'. Also know how to make and use a crossbow. Longbow, not anymore, my shoulder hates the draw anymore.

I envy you. The reason that I don't hunt is that I don't know how to clean them once I've shot them. So, there's really no point in it. I do know enough about it so, when the pinch comes to the shove, I think I can get it done ... after a fashion.

I do have a wood fired smoker/grill that can be used when the propane and charcoal run out. Heck, it makes the food taste so good I may use it before the propane and charcoal run out ... like this upcoming week-end. :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you would figure it out pretty quick Frank. The biggest headache would be knowing how to preserve meats without refrigeration. Most folks could not even begin to kill something let alone butcher it up in a safe way. You would also have to deal with scavengers trying to take your catch.

rugerman

A couple of years ago I had a pharmacy school intern working with me who lived to be on her smart phone. When it vibrated she would stop what ever she was doing and check the text as if she would die it it wasn't answered right then. She was sure upset when I told her to leave it in the car and not bring it into the pharmacy anymore. Then I noticed that she took a whole lot of trips to the bathroom after that so i asked the other intern to check on her & found out that she would go to the bathroom to check her phone for messages so I had to limit her potty time to one per 4 hours. One time I told her that facebook was going to be shutdown by the fcc for some infraction and she really went into a tail spin and asked me what I was going to do, then i told her that I have a cell phone that stays in my truck turned off unless I need to make a call and that I don't text and the only app on my phone is phone. Some people just can't live without them and when something happens to them their whole world stops.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Some people just can't live without them and when something happens to them their whole world stops.

I'm with you bro', I can't figure it out either. I don't know what they have to say and tell the whole world that is so darned important. It's really unleashed a whole generation of telephone junkies. Personally, if my wife is at home I don't even answer the house phone when it rings. Maybe I'm just anti-social but I don't feel the need to be continually talking to somebody ... anybody, and I sure as hell don't want the whole world to know my business.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with you bro', I can't figure it out either. I don't know what they have to say and tell the whole world that is so darned important. It's really unleashed a whole generation of telephone junkies. Personally, if my wife is at home I don't even answer the house phone when it rings. Maybe I'm just anti-social but I don't feel the need to be continually talking to somebody ... anybody, and I sure as hell don't want the whole world to know my business.

won't answer unless urgent in public.