• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Congressional Black Caucus readies Racial Profiling bills in response to Zimmerman

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems very knee jerk to me.

Black caucus readies racial profiling bill in response to Fla. verdict

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) are readying a flurry of bills in response to George Zimmerman’s acquittal on charges in last year’s fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

The lawmakers are drafting proposals intended to rein in racial profiling; scrap state stand-your-ground laws; and promote better training for the nation’s neighborhood watch volunteers, among other anti-violence measures.

CBC members had remained largely silent throughout the trial, but following the verdict, argued forcefully that, decades after the civil rights movement, the nation’s criminal justice system still discriminates against blacks and other minorities.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...bill-in-response-to-fla-verdict#ixzz2ZJB947ws
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
. . . better training for Neighborhood Watch Volunteers seems like a good goal, wonder if that will include marksmanship training?

. . . wonder if they will include 'minority assimilation training' too because had Mr Martin walked down the sidewalk that evening with his head held high, instead of skulking along near the bushes and cutting through the yards this whole event would probably have been different.

. . . wonder if 'anti-Whoop-Ass' training is going to be included in that bill, where it says if a minority is in a community and decided to give someone of a different culture the 'whoop-ass' then that person may not understand that the cultural meaning of the event and may, in fact, fear for his life and shoot the aggressor.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems very knee jerk to me.
Black caucus readies racial profiling bill in response to Fla. verdict

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) are readying a flurry of bills in response to George Zimmerman’s acquittal on charges in last year’s fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

The lawmakers are drafting proposals intended to rein in racial profiling; scrap state stand-your-ground laws; and promote better training for the nation’s neighborhood watch volunteers, among other anti-violence measures.

CBC members had remained largely silent throughout the trial, but following the verdict, argued forcefully that, decades after the civil rights movement, the nation’s criminal justice system still discriminates against blacks and other minorities.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...bill-in-response-to-fla-verdict#ixzz2ZJB947ws
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
. . . better training for Neighborhood Watch Volunteers seems like a good goal, wonder if that will include marksmanship training?

. . . wonder if they will include 'minority assimilation training' too because had Mr Martin walked down the sidewalk that evening with his head held high, instead of skulking along near the bushes and cutting through the yards this whole event would probably have been different.

. . . wonder if 'anti-Whoop-Ass' training is going to be included in that bill, where it says if a minority is in a community and decided to give someone of a different culture the 'whoop-ass' then that person may not understand that the cultural meaning of the event and may, in fact, fear for his life and shoot the aggressor.

Your comments remind me of the following conversation:

Karim Abdul Jarbar: "Surely you're not serious?"
Leslie Nielson: "Yes, I am. And don't call me Shirley!"

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
While stubborn people can insist on respect and civility, no legislature can force it to happen by law.

Even in societies with limited personal freedom, punks and assholes can prevail and prededate upon those who would abide by the laws.

As for this federal bill, it is an overreach. Never, in the wildest imagination, did the Founders consider the Federal goverment would have anything to do with local issues of security of private property and public safety.

Trevon Martin may have clones and dopplegangers all over the land but control of their behavior, and of those who would try to police them, is a local responsibility, not a federal one.

At least, that was the intent of our five page document of covenants between citizens and their government.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone think that Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Sr, and their ilk would have any problems if a bunch of Caucasian legislators
got together and formed a Congressional White Caucus? I'm seriously considering putting together a new tax-exempt IRS
501.(c).(3) non-profit organization: The National Association for the Advancement of White People.

Do you suppose that might cause me any problems? :brows:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
didn't they have one once called the democrat party, look at all the grand wizards that came from the democrats.