• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

be punctual

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
someone called & says, 'i'll be there at 1:30.' tis 1:34, now. i've an agenda besides waiting. she's here, now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The only thing that requires punctuality is court times. All the rest will work out even if it frustrates you.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
if i was 15 minutes late fer school, i was marked absent same as if I missed school. i would spent 6 hours there, then went to work where they employed me w/in my school. they heard not of delayed transportation. i would leave here an hour early or hail a cab, eventually. too many times late meant an autofail. u could have an a+ in that class. if u were 15 minutes late on 3 different days, u failed, regardless, & re-took that class. & paid to re-take that class, too.

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you're too young to be a grumpy old bag, wait a another 10 years than you can start getting grumpy.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
you're too young to be a grumpy old bag, wait a another 10 years than you can start getting grumpy.

i was told, by a medical professional, that i own the mind of a person 10 years my senior. therefore, @ 32, i'm 42, mentally, & thus qualify as an official bitchy middle-aged woman, mentally. now, physically, i could pass fer 20.
this aging deal- wtf! i jus' spent 15 minutes bitchin' w/ another woman over this ail. screw finding that said fountain of youth- i'm building 1 in my living room!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I work for a native organization. They run on "indian time" here. I'm used to people being late.

Attachments

• tumblr_ltlx0lFlxE1qc43o8o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_ltlx0lFlxE1qc43o8o1_400.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 111

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While one does get used to it when the same person is late all the time that is rude.

Ii admit, when I was young I was always 10 minutes late. I planned it that way and didn't care or respect others time. My bad. I've since learned to respect others time and expect the same from those I deal with. I do appreciate those who are on time and respect my time. Those who are habitually late irk the chit out of me. Even when reminded or told a time 15 minutes early they still mange to be late. I have a brother who fits the mold of being habitually late. Drives me bonkers.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds a bit like South American time. If they show up in the week that they had an appointment you're doing good.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
At work, my employees run between 12-18 calls a day. Time is very important to us. We know yours is important too. If I call and say I will be there between 9:30 and 10:00, that does not mean you can meet me anytime during that half hour. I need you to be there by 9:30 even though I may not get there until almost 10:00. If I get there at 9:30 and you're not there, by 9:40 or so I'm gone. Is that too harsh?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
i was told, by a medical professional, that i own the mind of a person 10 years my senior. therefore, @ 32, i'm 42, mentally, & thus qualify as an official bitchy middle-aged woman, mentally. now, physically, i could pass fer 20.
this aging deal- wtf! i jus' spent 15 minutes bitchin' w/ another woman over this ail. screw finding that said fountain of youth- i'm building 1 in my living room!
Your medical professional was off by a few decades. You sound like my 62 year old post-menopausal wife who is turning into her 85 year old mother.

If you get your nose out of joint over 4 minutes, your problems are deeper than can be diagnosed here. Lighten up on yourself.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
If you can't be on time you're not dependable. Looks somewhere else for employment cuz you're not going to work here...

Christi

4 minutes doesn't quite bug me, but it is very frustrating when you are depending on someone to be on time and they are late. I have a brother-in-law that we have to tell to be somewhere at least 30 minutes earlier than he actually needs to be there.......and he still tends to be late from time to time.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I was always to work 15 minutes before shift start. Probably one of the reasons I lasted and moved up in the organization. We had guys who were always late and their union contract allowed 4 minutes"grace time" and they used it. Used to piss me off as they were to be at the machine ready to roll at shift change. Most of our machines ran 7 days a week non stop except for breakdowns.As a setup man I was tasked with shifting folks to run the most critical parts and you never knew till too late who was available. Needless to say those who arrived ready to go got the easier jobs as a rule.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If you can't be on time you're not dependable. Looks somewhere else for employment cuz you're not going to work here...

I totaly agree. We have little truck for employees that show up late. I cannot start the assy line if one person is missing. So 6 people on the line waiting for ten minutes while someone gets their second cxcoffee????? Nope. Because is an hour of wasted labor and machine time.

I learned a long time ago that my time is never as important as my boss's time,,,or that of my customer's.

But then I'm one of those guys with my car clock set five minute fast so I am never late.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I give people a window of one hour as to my arrival time. So many of my customers add work once I get there, that I cannot keep to a schedule to save my soul. Most understand when I don't get there precisely at the scheduled time, they're just glad I was the unusual contractor who showed up AT ALL!

I had an older woman (pushing 75 I would guess) get all ouchy with me when I was 5 minutes late (I don't call for anything under 10 minutes). She was a new customer who I only met on the phone. She was relentless in her tirade, and was abusing me like I was her husband for making her late for the ball, and started in with "didn't I know how valuable her time was?" She wouldn't let it go when I tried to get her to show me where the bathroom was with the leaky faucet, so I just put my tool bag back in the truck and started to leave. She screamed at me to get out of the truck and go do the job, and I yelled from the street... "Call someone else to abuse. I don't need this crap. Have a nice day."

It's obvious her late husband died out of self defense. What a cranky old broad.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
sending my graditude to those that respect another person's time. 4 minutes can make or break a person's day. i know. from doctor's appointments to work- i'm punctual.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
btw, if someone says that waiting & watching that clock is not of an issue, i call bull. if u hafta be somewhere, it's not too much fer them to comprehend.
be there.