• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GM sending jobs to China. 95% of Cadillacs Being Built There

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
An old saying, 'what's good for GM is good for America" no longer stands true.

Ten years ago, to save union auto jobs, American Taxpayers bailed GM out of bankruptcy. The government still holds stock in the new GM and yet........

https://www.breitbart.com/economics...inese-built-cadillac-coming-gm-showroom-near/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-build-95-cars-locally-by-2018-for-china-push

Please, can we stop saying the Republicans are the party of big business when time after time with large corporations, the Democrats give away the store?

Bamby

+ another one :hammer::hammer::hammer:

GM to build Chevrolet Blazer in Mexico

Reuters) - General Motors Co (GM.N) is going ahead with its plan to manufacture the new Chevrolet Blazer SUV in Mexico, a spokesman for the automaker said on Thursday, despite criticism by U.S. President Donald Trump over making vehicles abroad.

continued

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
GM sucks. I would NEVER buy a government motors vehicle.

I have my eye on the 2019 Ford Ranger, built right in Michigan, USA.

Screw GM.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I drive a Toyota Tacoma and it was built in San Antonio. That is about 80 miles from where I live. I once liked the Chevy trucks until Odumbo made them into Govt. Motors. Have a goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
GM sucks. I would NEVER buy a government motors vehicle.

I have my eye on the 2019 Ford Ranger, built right in Michigan, USA.

Screw GM.

The Powertrain plant is here.
I can tell you one thing, business doesn't seem to be booming there like it was back in the 80s- mid-90s.
Driving past it, it looks almost empty these days.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The Powertrain plant is here.
I can tell you one thing, business doesn't seem to be booming there like it was back in the 80s- mid-90s.
Driving past it, it looks almost empty these days.

I do believe GM is having some engines built in China. That could be the reason for the slowdown at your local plant.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Lets just call the "new" GM what in fact it is.

CHINA MOTORS :hammer:

Regards, Kirk

I prefer to call it and ungrateful ripoff of the American Taxpayers.

UI have no idea how Obama got the unconstitutional authority to circumvent the normal bankruptcy laws in order to default bondholders over political friends ( Unions) but that's behind us. What about now when Trump is in the same office. Can he also make such decisions? I hope not.

There were plenty of successful auto companies salivating over the assets of both GM and Chrysler. The factories, and the jobs could have stayed here despite foreign ownership.
After all, Hyundai, Toyota, Honda all built factories here. To save shipping costs and time. Why is GM going overseas?