• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tucker sno kitten info wanted

chevro

I am looing for any info on the models 322 and 323 sno-kittens

any info,pix, or hepful links you might have woul be apresheated
thank you:shifty:

snotrans

Contact Bill Guthrie, 208-549-2501 in Weiser Idaho. He has his private Tucker Sno-Cat collection for sale ,after 35 years in the business and has a very large and complete history of the the Kitten and many otherTuckers Thiokol's, Bombardier's as well as all the manuals and specs. Go to www. snotrans.com for the web site.

alaska741

Here is a picture of my model 322 Tucker.

Attachments

• DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,201

alaska741

The model 322 is powered by a VW 40 hp. industrial engine.

Other specs:
4-5 passenger
load cap. 1500 lbs.
trans - 4 speed
gas cap. 25 gals.
top speed 15 mph
turning radius - own length
overall width 72"
overall length 115"
overall height 78 1/2"
weight 2650 lbs.
Hope this helps you

Ken

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is believed that only 3 of these VW powered Kittens were produced. I spent years tracking this one and one of the others down. Last week I saw this one sitting at the corner of Pegger Rd and VanHorn in Fairbanks. It was the 3rd time I had seen it in person in the last 14 years. All the othe "Kittens" which bore the same Tucker number, were entirely different, tracks, cab, drive train..... They were mostly manufactured in 58, 59 and 60, and had Ford Anglia Engine and Transmission. The anglia motor was similar to a "T" model, flat head 4 cyl, water cooled. Back when it wasn't for sale, and I had a big snow cat collection I would have liked to have it so that I could show a Snow Trac, a Kristi, and this rare Tucker, all VW powered, at VW Meets. The other one of these had even rarer "Mud tracks" with rubber shoes. The guy at Cable Airport in LA who rented out Military vehicles for making movies had it. But I don't believe either owner had a owners manual for this specific machine. My Kitten came from Bill and Mary Guthrie, and was in unbelievebly good shape. As they have probably handled more used Kittens than anyone else it is likely that they still have some literature on them. Mary Guthrie used to load one up and take it out to do some type of snow depth surveys. They are very agile, and extreemly agressive.