• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Master Restoration ~ by Snowcat Operations

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Feels good as well. Ive been busy trying to save her since my temp garage collapsed on her a few nights ago when we recieved 28" of snow. I have it braced up right now but need to figure somehing out.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
great pictures. Good luck with the roof. There is not much we can do except offer words of encouragement.

My thoughts exactly. We don't have anything near that much snow here but the snow and cold temps have been wreaking havoc here too. Fortunately I've not had a roof collapse. With any luck you'll get some braces under the roof and can lift it, even a bit, to take the pressure off the Snow Master (and anything else it fell on) so the damage is minimized. Good luck and keep the photos coming, looks like another 1st class restoration.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you get yours out of the garage yet?:whistling:

Nope, but I had fresh concrete poured today. It actually climbed up to 33 degrees, it was the first day in a month we've been over freezing. There is also a refrigerator sitting in between the Snow Trac and the overhead door, and then a pile of construction debris, covered with a tarp, which is then covered in snow, blocking the door too. I'm hopeful that the concrete pour today will allow the contractors to move much of their materials INSIDE the new garage area and that will allow me to get the Snow Trac down from the 4 post lift that is holding it hostage. Maybe another week?

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks guys. The garage roof is about 2" from the roof of the Snow Master. We received another 24" today! This has been the BEST snow year since ive been here. This was the norm for this part of the country a few decades ago and before. Now its back to normal again....I Hope! Ive added a few more braces and plan to cut open the roof and just let the snow pile in. I can thaw her out this Spring. That way the roof wont collapse any further. I just shuvelled out the snow drift in my front porch (6' tall!) and used the snow blower to clear out the rest. The winds been pretty high. The Storm "seems" to have passed. Tomorrow will see me cuttingout the roof and shuveling around the garage.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Ive been going through all the parts I purchased 3 plus years ago. I dont remember if I showed a picture of my steering wheel Im going to use.

Attachments

• PC290001.jpg
    PC290001.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 402

Lakeside518

I have a SnowMaster Cat with a VW engine. I also have a spare engine. One track needs to be rebuilt. It's in good condition. New lights and wiring installed. A custom hood was fabricated. It runs. I am looking to sell it... I inherited when my father passed away. He had several SnoCats. If you know of anyone looking for one of these please PM me! I am located in Upstate NY. Albany area

Thanks

Kris