• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pimped imp

mkntrakes

updated pics from snow cat tour DSC00182.JPG

DSC00183.JPG

DSC00184.JPG

DSC00186.JPG

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow! She's gonna look brand new! :clap: You sure these aren't pictures from the Thiokol assembly line? :glare:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Total agreement nice work. we need more pictures as you keep going right to the end. and test drive. keep it up.:biggrin:

cabinboy

WOW !!! You do great work , that imp looks better than new. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. It looks great!!!

cabinboy

I would like to see and hear more about the snorkel for the carberator . where is the air cleaner located at ? I was tring to figure out how to get cold fresh air to the engine intake on a super imp. thought it would run stronger with cold combustion air. Thanks

mkntrakes

Very nice work............:clap:how many hours? so far.did you rebuild the engine too?

started working on it in jan 150-200 hrs
didn't do total rebuild on motor as the machine has 500 hrs i did reseal oil pan timming cover and valve cover gaskets replaced water pump and the list goes on and on

mkntrakes

I would like to see and hear more about the snorkel for the carberator . where is the air cleaner located at ? I was tring to figure out how to get cold fresh air to the engine intake on a super imp. thought it would run stronger with cold combustion air. Thanks

the air cleaner is mounted behind dash and is an oil bath
you can take mustang air cleaner with a snorkel put a hose on it and run pick up hose in front of radiator

mkntrakes

spent most of the day running new wires to every thing got new wiper mtrs that are two speed so i installed toggle switchs on upper wind shield frame also mounted switch for doom light and work lightsDSC00206.JPG

DSC00207.JPG

DSC00208.JPG

DSC00209.JPG

DSC00212.JPG

DSC00213.JPG

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Very "very" nice work .Love the shot of the new wiring . A very clean and neat job !:clap:

mkntrakes

Very nice work there MknTrakes! Where did you pickup the wiper motors, make / model?

bosch wiper mtr a freind got them for me through one of his supply companys that only sellsDSC00190.JPG

DSC00191.JPG

DSC00192.JPG wholesale have two differn't shaft lenghts 1inch and two inch they cost me 150.00 each
not cheap but a direct replacment

Bobmog

Re: pimped imp-defrost deflector

Does Mkntrakes or anyone else have the measurements or layout for bending the defrost deflectors like Mkntrakes has on the pimped imp? I have seen other similar deflectors on other Imps but this thread with the deflector in raw aluminum make them easy to point out. My 1404 has the defrost holes with some screening covering them but no deflectors. I have seen them on a number of 1404s on the forum so I don't know if they were available on later models, but I don't see them in my parts book. Also does anyone have a good guess on approximate year of Imp serial number 589 Standard track 1404? Thanks guys for any help.
Bob