• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac fuel tank option

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
After seeing that beauty from BC I decided to get a pair of Spun Aluminum fuel tanks to mount outside the cab. Since this is the area I would usually carry my survival gear I thought it would be better off inside. By removing the stock tank I will now have ample room to stow all this gear inside. Thanks to our new friend from B.C. for the wonderful idea! Here is a link to a company that sells these tanks. http://www.dansperformanceparts.com/buggy/fuel/buggyfuel1.htm

Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Pic

Attachments

• Snow trac tank.jpg
    Snow trac tank.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 403
  • snow trac alum tank.jpg
    snow trac alum tank.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why not just use the original tank and reposition it on the outside? The military versions of Snow Tracs seemed to do exactly that. The advantage would be you'd be able to tie in your tank's fuel sensor so you'd know how much fuel is in the tank.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi Bob,

Since one of my tanks is bad or rotted my plan is to go with the spun aluminum brushed finish tanks (This will be my main vehicle for work). I am also going with a brushed aluminum dash panel since my stock ones are drilled and holed for diffrent switches and gauges. The workers who added these extra items were not to concernd with looks. These aluminum accessories will compliment each other. Kinda like the Bamboo dash and Hawian print seat covers in your snow trac. :thumb: Anyway I will still have sender units in each tank or just in one tank and feed off of both. So as far as the stock one it just wouldnt look as nice as the spun aluminum ones. :D

Now with that said I may have the old tank fixed and use it on my second Snow Master that is my back up unit. That way that unit will also have dual tanks.

:beer: