• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1960?? St4 asking $5000.00

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Love all your notes GREAT CROWD!!!

Hey all , I am that newbe that just bought that 71 Snow trac in BC. Well you asked for pics and I thought I would throw in this festive one. I told my kids that I bet they are the only kids ANYWHERE that went over the hill and through the wood to get a xmas tree!!! What a great time and I am thankful I have met u all on this forums page!!! I am SUPER Hooked!!!!

I gotta say , you guys all make me feel like I got a super deal. I paid 5k for this rig, 1k to ship from BC to the east coast, complete engine rebuild, new head , block and jugs, the whole 9 yards.... The only thing I had to do is do a small fender repair with angle alum. and I will paint it this spring.This thing lived in a heated garage for 20 years. I think I got stupid lucky??? Ya think???

Thanks for making the buy feel even more worth it!

Can anyone point me in the correct direction for the proper paint to use primer ect ,, just want to make sure its the best for the alum.

Enjoy the pic!!!

You Did Great ! You stole it !!! :clap:AS far as the paint , stop by a good automotive paint store for their reconmendations . They know what to use over Aluminim .

hendog

Thanks for the kudos!!!

Thanks to all of you for your positive feedback, you have already helped me a ton as now I can show my wife your posts and maybe she will feel better about me pulling the trigger so quick. As soon as I found this I bought it, sometime you gota go on the gut!!

Now I lost total interest in my 66 Goat, sad huh

If anyone knows of others please let me know as I want to be like all of you and have 3 or 4.

Take care!!:clap:

snowbird

Congrats on the fine snowtrac and family. What a great Christmas time you must have all had.:tiphat:
If you're talking of a 66 "goat" being a GTO, please don't lose interest. (I've got two 65s in my garage).

weatherby

Hi Hendog It's only fair now that you sell that GTO to ME for far less than what it's really worth:yum: (just kidding) you did do good on that Sno-Trac.I am restoring a Thiokol 601 snocat and it also is all aluminum skin'ed. When I talked to Thiokol years ago about what paint they used at the factory they told me they used Imron with Zink Cromate primer on all aluminum. On my restore I am using Imron with Corlar primer, Zink Cromate is no longer available. I am sure there are other brands of paint that will also work just as well nowadays. You should check out my restore on the Snowcat Resteration & Modification Projects page under "THIOKOL 601 RESTORE"