• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

having a great time

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
couldn't help noticing the welds. welders weren't as good as today modern welders.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. He sure can lay that paint on flat. Looks like it was dipped into a bucket and would leave you orange if you touched it.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL, my apologies! (though I am not surprised in the least! :smile:) I had thought Scott had painted the fancy "waste paper bucket"/sprocket, but now re-reading the post, I see he was just teasing you.:biggrin:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What? He wood never tease GPB or mislead anyone. That's my story, and I'm sticking round toit.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. He sure can lay that paint on flat. Looks like it was dipped into a bucket and would leave you orange if you touched it.
fyi, i do NOT let scott even close to the paint booth, will post photos of the MESS he made today in MY shop, and he did make a big MESS:whistling::yum:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully you didn't need to rub his nose in it. Then again, he would come out looking like a big ole Jack-o-lantern just in time for Halloween! :yum:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
naw, he is really a great person to know and even better friend, got say, mr davenet, you are pretty funny and quick with the one liners, happy halloween from the wonderful world of orange.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
even with a special in the shops, work continues on the '53 torpedo with canopy.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 744
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 745

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Coming along nicely. I can't believe they would put all the time into this one and the '58 423 went back like all before it. This & the narrow 443 may be my favorite / most anticipated builds!

You got to know Mr. DAVENET, that this machine is my first love and what got me hooked on Tuckers in 1953 when I was first skiing.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
final fitting of the top and getting close to paint, engine all done and painted, ready to be installed

Attachments

• DSC_0067.jpg
    DSC_0067.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 679
  • DSC_0058.jpg
    DSC_0058.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 681
  • DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 679

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
better photos

Attachments

• DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 639
  • DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 641
  • DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 642
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 639
  • DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 651
  • DSC_0054.jpg
    DSC_0054.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 642

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How many hours do you have invested in media blasting over the last year?? :doh: :biggrin:
As many as it took to make it look great! That thing reminds me of restoring a classic car. Your work is fabulous.:clap:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
just in, new stainless steel gas tank, sure solves the issues with old rusted out gas tanks., yes, we had them custom built, very nice and correct.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 408
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 415

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh, the Harry Truman kitty from Spirit Lake. :clap:

Sooooo, what are the 'hooks' on the front for?

And why the rounded windshield? Was it to help the canvas roof seal??

(other than to build no two the same, even from side to side :yum:)

Your space is getting pretty tight out there. Better send that one east . . .:whistling:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Man. you can really lay that orange paint on...beautiful. Looks like a Tucker assembly line you have going there. I love the pictures of the rag top! Where is that one today? did it survive?