• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Boy Scouts Maintain Ban On Gays

Should Gay's be allowed to participate in the Boy Scouts?

• Gays should be allowed

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Gay’s should not be allowed

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Don’t care one way or the other

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
After a two-year review, the Boy Scouts of America has decided to keep its policy of excluding gays. According to the organization, a diverse committee reached a unanimous decision.

Bob Mazzuca, chief executive of the Boy Scouts, said that the “vast majority of parents of youth we serve” agree with the policy, and that the issue should be discussed “within their family, with spiritual advisers and at the appropriate time and in the right setting.”

Anyone care to weigh in on this? (article)

jen_image.jpg

mak2

that does not mean I agree with the idea, but I do agree that private institutions should be allowed to make it's own admission rules. But keep in mind that applies to every group that does not do illegal things. One of the rights Americans use a lot is the Right to be wrong.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that does not mean I agree with the idea, but I do agree that private institutions should be allowed to make it's own admission rules. But keep in mind that applies to every group that does not do illegal things. One of the rights Americans use a lot is the Right to be wrong.

I agree fully with their position, and suport them for their efforts. They seem to be the one of the only organizations that has the courage to stand up to the MINORITY of folks who live their lives on the wrong side of the tracks. They do not need to be presant in all aspects of our lives. Their life style is a personal choice, and a bad one at that. I don't want our childern being exposed to this seedy side of life at such a tender, and influencable time in their lives to this rubbish....:hammer:

I say where ever are childern are they shouldn't be...AT ALL. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR???:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
that does not mean I agree with the idea, but I do agree that private institutions should be allowed to make it's own admission rules.

Hell has frozen over. Mak and I agree on something and for the same reason. :clap:

Ray

I agree fully with their position, and suport them for their efforts. They seem to be the one of the only organizations that has the courage to stand up to the MINORITY of folks who live their lives on the wrong side of the tracks. They do not need to be presant in all aspects of our lives. Their life style is a personal choice, and a bad one at that. I don't want our childern being exposed to this seedy side of life at such a tender, and influencable time in their lives to this rubbish....:hammer:

I say where ever are childern are they shouldn't be...AT ALL. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR???:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Regards, Kirk

Could not have said it better.

Kane

Right on the head, mak2. As long as no laws are broken, every individual and institution in America has the right to do as they/it pleases ... including exclusion.

Kane

But apparently NOT at the Federal level ...

NEW IN 'GAY' PARADE: U.S. TROOPS IN UNIFORM

Command-level decision breaks down decades of limits on use of military image

In what appears to be an extraordinary reversal of military policy, members of the U.S. Armed forces say they have been given permission by their commanding officers to march in a “gay pride” parade Saturday – while wearing their service-issued uniforms.

Meanwhile, WND has learned, one of the top officers who approved the decision has since enteredretirement.

The top echelons of the U.S. Air Force approved a request by a senior recruiter based in Arizona to join “a uniformed, active-duty military contingent” in a San Diego homosexual pride event, the San Diego Union Tribune reported.

The decision breaks down generations of tight limits on when and where a service member is allowed to appear in uniform, and appears to stray from the Department of Defense regulations on the use of uniforms, dated 2005 and signed by Defense Undersecretary David S.C. Chu, which says using the U.S. Military uniform is prohibited in a number of scenarios.

Those include “in connection with furthering political activities, private employment or commercial interests, when an inference of official sponsorship of the activity or interest may be drawn.”

Using the uniform also is banned “When wearing the uniform may tend to bring discredit upon the armed forces,” and while former members are allowed to wear them for funerals, memorial services, weddings, and “other parades … in which any active or reserve United States military unit is taking part,” the regulations state, “wearing of the uniform or any part thereof at any other time or for any other purpose is prohibited.”

Current Air Force rules say members may appear in uniform “at local community-wide civic-sponsored events only when the approving commander believes participating is appropriate and in good taste; the individuals volunteer for the assignment; there is no interference with military duties or operations; participation involves no additional cost to the government; and the event meets the basic participation criteria below.”

That section specifies that an event “intended to, or which appears to endorse, selectively benefit, or favor any private individual, special interest group, business, religious, ideological movement, commercial venture, political candidate, or organization” would be “disapproved.”

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to me that a private club/group that espouses specific values has the right to enforce those values within its group. You don't have to like the values, but then again you don't have to join that club/group either.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a shame that the Boy Scouts, assumed to be loyal taxpaying Americans, are recently barred from using many of the taxpayer funded facilities. This seems to fly in the face of both reason and fairness.

Especialy as we are now being schooled to believe the government provides all for all.

Here's a querry, Of all the presidents how many, and whom, were Eagle Scouts?

SShepherd

It is a shame that the Boy Scouts, assumed to be loyal taxpaying Americans, are recently barred from using many of the taxpayer funded facilities. This seems to fly in the face of both reason and fairness.

Especialy as we are now being schooled to believe the government provides all for all.

Gerald Ford..only one

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

This is the result of the few controlling the many. It is the result of good men and women who have said nothing. It's time to end this and start that at the voting booth. Find out who the judges are and how they stand on this issue and vote against them every time you find them. Trust me they are not very hard to find these days!!!:wink:

Cause they wear it on their sleeves proudly.:glare:

Mind you I am not intollerant. But they certainly are....Not in the least. I simply believe the majority rules are the way of the country. Time for the dog to wag the shit out of it's tail in a literal sence. Time for the majority to take back control of our country. I am white male majority, (still:whistling:) HEAR ME ROAR!!!!

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It started with one woman controlling prayer in all public schools. The idea that a small minority should determine what the majority does is absurd. When they tear down a cross that stood for 60 years alongside a highway we are all in trouble.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
if they ban gays from leading the scouts, next they'll begin trying to get rid of Priests. next gay adoptive Parents. & books mentioning gays after that. gay actors. gay ppl on sports teams that share locker rooms.
Nope, just those adult influnces that are in charge of young minds.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Luv's ya gotta be joking....

You don't understand majority rules now do you? It is the "they" you speak of .... Put it on a ballot and see what you get. It has been done on this issue in some 30+ states and the gays lesbian bi's have LOST every time. Don't those folks get it? It isn't a healthy lifestyle and should not be promoted in any way shape or form. And no tax dollars either as the majority who do pay would, if vote were taken, hand the GLBS croud they asses.....and back in the "closet" they can go, if they like. It isn't a tolerable life style choice to the majority of voters or tax payers. Don't believe me, you must be blind. Sorry Luv's....

They have won their voice in the courts by a few peoples opinions.:hammer: This will change I believe as we've just about had enough. The harder they push their agenda the sooner they are going to wish they had not...

Kids are sacared ground.:glare: This will cause a war they will surely loose, by vote.:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Sometimes a line needs to be drawn in the sand. I just cannot, personally, condone the Scouts using cross dressing lesbians as scout masters. I just cannot. :flowers:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm not condoning. jus' sayin.
& i'm being both sarcastic & a realist in that post. & the post is now gone.
despise bandwagons.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose some people could argue on the side of freedom.
For me, I say we need to stick with tradition.
All the way.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, you post was cool. Must be a glitch because you did not sound off base at all. Gotta be a glitch.

Cross dressing lesbians do scare me though. And clowns. :w00t2:

tack zebras onto that & we'll be on the same list of fears.
i got hit on 1 of the lesbians in guys'-gear thatblake thought was a dude very recently. no, & no thanx.:glare:

Kane

I hear ya', Luvs. But on the other hand, luvs, would you want cross dressers taking part in the Girl Scouts? ... or the Brownies?

I know, I know. It's just hard to get over that Augusta Country Club ... no women allowed.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear ya', Luvs. But on the other hand, luvs, would you want cross dressers taking part in the Girl Scouts? ... or the Brownies?

I know, I know. It's just hard to get over that Augusta Country Club ... no women allowed.

no. i'd be a Mom. a leader. a straight leader.