• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fickin Home improvement shows

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate em !

Some dumb ass watches a couple of these fucking shows and all of the sudden they are a fucking expert in Construction . Most are a bunch of DUMB ASSES !
I been a Licensed Contractor for 38 years and have forgotten more than most of these dumb asses will ever know about any type of construction . Nothing I hate worst than some dumb ass that questions me before I am even done correcting all the dumb shit stuff they have half assed together.

Then we have the dumb ass who decided to become an expert in construction doing home repair after retiring from 25 years as a accountant .
Just leave it alone ! I'll even do it for less, if you don't fuck it up first .
I don't try to do brain surgery , why does some dumbass with 3 home improvement shows under his belt and a hammer think he is a contractor ???
I guess it shows that I am pissed at idiots .

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If they upset you this much Al, why not deliberately in front of the guy, pack you tools and prepare to leave saying "you don't need my help, you an expert. So have at it".:wink: or something to this effect. This might start a conversation that will let you stay.... Just a thought.

Regards, Kirk

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate em !

Some dumb ass watches a couple of these fucking shows and all of the sudden they are a fucking expert in Construction . Most are a bunch of DUMB ASSES !
I been a Licensed Contractor for 38 years and have forgotten more than most of these dumb asses will ever know about any type of construction . Nothing I hate worst than some dumb ass that questions me before I am even done correcting all the dumb shit stuff they have half assed together.

Then we have the dumb ass who decided to become an expert in construction doing home repair after retiring from 25 years as a accountant .
I don't try to do brain surgery , why does some dumbass with 3 home improvement shows under his belt and a hammer think he is a contractor ???

You hate 'em, and I love 'em. You call them idiots and I call them profit. Without wanabee carpenters, plumbers and electricians, I would be out of work. Oh, and when they fuck it up and I have to tear it all out and start over, I make more money than if they would have just called me when the problem began.

Your problem is that you have all the money you'll ever need, you're bored, and are just out there to stay busy and try to impress people with whats left of what you know (can you imagine what a force you would be if you had not forgotten all that other good shit??:yum::yum:). I'm out there making a living off the dumb asses who THINK they know what they're doing, and I do a good business because of them. Oh, I also encourage them to try new and different projects. It's good for business.:yum::yum:

Lighten up, Al, and let people fuck up once in awhile. That's how a lot of us learn and how others of us make a living. You sound like a body shop encouraging good driving habits and vehicle care & maintenance. You'll end up like the Maytag Man...just not as pleasant.:yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You hate 'em, and I love 'em. You call them idiots and I call them profit. Without wanabee carpenters, plumbers and electricians, I would be out of work. Oh, and when they fuck it up and I have to tear it all out and start over, I make more money than if they would have just called me when the problem began.

Your problem is that you have all the money you'll ever need, you're bored, and are just out there to stay busy and try to impress people with whats left of what you know (can you imagine what a force you would be if you had not forgotten all that other good shit??:yum::yum:). I'm out there making a living off the dumb asses who THINK they know what they're doing, and I do a good business because of them. Oh, I also encourage them to try new and different projects. It's good for business.:yum::yum:

Lighten up, Al, and let people fuck up once in awhile. That's how a lot of us learn and how others of us make a living. You sound like a body shop encouraging good driving habits and vehicle care & maintenance. You'll end up like the Maytag Man...just not as pleasant.:yum::yum:

Somehow I knew you would have and opinion :yum:
I rest my case .:yum::yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you need to work on your own stuff for a while. Folks need to learn to walk on their own damn feet sometimes. When they get enough blisters they might start to listen!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I love "em and hate 'em at the same time.

Fun to watch the"decorators" and some of the BS they pull. Holmes on Homes is kinda cool but he often spends more than a house is worth to "fix it right."

My biggest issue with them all is after watching them for a while, I get the idea I can do something else to my house. Result,,,,,,,,,,,I have more unfinished promises in my house than the Obama Administration.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Like the exotic spigot that needs installed above the range? Was just looking at it today and figured I better get it done before canning season. Maybe if I did not have to cook and clean so much lately?:whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I love "em and hate 'em at the same time.

Fun to watch the"decorators" and some of the BS they pull. Holmes on Homes is kinda cool but he often spends more than a house is worth to "fix it right."

My biggest issue with them all is after watching them for a while, I get the idea I can do something else to my house. Result,,,,,,,,,,,I have more unfinished promises in my house than the Obama Administration.
If I had his open-ended budget and unlimited resources, I'd probably "rebuild" every house that came my way. His suppliers expect him to utilize all the materials they are donating. After all, they're paying the bills, not him.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate em !

Al i have to agree when i moved to nome i was married to one of them dumb asses I remodeled one of the bedrooms in the house so she could work at home cranking hair. there were some code issues i had to overcome some buddies of mine loaned me the tools to do the sheet rock and i had the help of an electrician and plumber to do those parts took me about 2 weeks of weekends and after work time to do the job the building inspector said my work looked better than whet the guys doing this for a living were doing. now the rant that old bitc# i was married to would try to supervise me after spending all day watching bob vila. than always whats wrong bob does this in 30 minuts with no mess. i was ready to kill at the end of that project

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Al you will get a kick out of this one caution some folks might find this offencive or tasteless most of us dirty old men will like this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZO42d27vOg"]This Old Whore House - YouTube[/ame]

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i put the disclaimer on it so a respectable woman wouldn't look at it now you are going too have to say 10 hail marry's

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
i put the disclaimer on it so a respectable woman wouldn't look at it now you are going too have to say 10 hail marry's
Nothing shocks me anymore Don.
10 Hail Marys?
I say 53 nightly, that is.. unless I fall asleep.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Pg you may be one of the guys but i was raised to treat all woman like ladies so and thats the way i see it. good for you you are thick skinned you are still a lady

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Good one Don. I got a good chuckle from that video. Nice way to start the day.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate em !

:yum: I think any of us who are familiar with construction have the same aversion. The part about some of these shows that cracks me up is the self imposed deadlines to add drama. Realty TV that is not real. :yum: