• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

BamsBBQ

homemade baked beans

2lms37l.jpg

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife is still sick and has no appetite.
So it's probably leftovers. Breakfast casserole, eggs, hash browns, cheese and Smoky Links.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We were tailgating with friends at the local high school football game until the rains came . . . relocated (with all the food) to our house. Hot Dogs, Italian Sausage, Watermelon, Brownies, Chips, taco salad, White Castle Casserole . . . integestion . . .

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Friday is date night so we went out. But, I did spend the day baking for the church bake sale this weekend. 5 dozen cinnamon rolls.

P1010993.jpg

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
those look good - where is this church?
I may have to stop by and pick up some breakfast... :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
An A&W footlong and fries around 5.
Busted my gut and made me take a nap.
When will I learn? :dizzy: :thumb:
sheesh, I've missed hot dogs! :smile:
'twas yummy!

Attachments

• Picture 3530.jpg
    Picture 3530.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 126

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife is out of town so I went to the Chinese Buffet and ate 4 plates of food, 2 filled with mussels, shrimp, crab legs and California rolls. Urp!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife is out of town so I went to the Chinese Buffet and ate 4 plates of food, 2 filled with mussels, shrimp, crab legs and California rolls. Urp!
God.. I was hoping for a fabulous plated pic of something insanely delicious, Saint Joseph, Master of Bread, Buns and all things yummy.
P.S.- try THE Stuffed Green Pepper soup, you won't be disappointed.
Oh wait, where the hell am I?:yum:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got my choice tonight............leftovers or leftovers.

I'll probably heat up some of the smoked sausage hash and biscuits.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got my choice tonight............leftovers or leftovers.

I'll probably heat up some of the smoked sausage hash and biscuits.

Leftovers are wonderful! Everything always tastes better the next day.
Anyway.. that is not my dinner pic.. it's a representation of what I had ;)
We have a member on NCT-Mama.. she makes the best stuff, we've shared recipes, she's made some of mine, I make a lot of hers.
Someone told me to sprinkle some Louisiana hot sauce on my bics and gravy, and I did.
OMG.. lovely.
I have stopped posting my meal pictures over there so much because you've got people who are cordon bleu grads and have their shit in Gourmet magazine.:yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Gutted two bathrooms in the same house today, made a run to the dump, dropped $500 at Home Depot, hung some drywall then fed 125 people at church. Had Stoufer's mac-n-cheese, salad and cookies, same as we fed the other people. Boring, but filling. Got the church bake sale this weekend again. I think I'll make a dozen loaves of Italian bread. Have another fundraiser to bake for the same day, so my Friday night will be filled with baking.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Gutted two bathrooms in the same house today, made a run to the dump, dropped $500 at Home Depot, hung some drywall then fed 125 people at church. Had Stoufer's mac-n-cheese, salad and cookies, same as we fed the other people. Boring, but filling. Got the church bake sale this weekend again. I think I'll make a dozen loaves of Italian bread. Have another fundraiser to bake for the same day, so my Friday night will be filled with baking.
Say it ain't so!!!
YOU??:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I actually made the grade, as it were with my Crazy Mixed Up Bean Soup on NCT in an IC competition.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

1 can navy beans, do not drain
1 can baked beans
1 smoked ham steak, cut into bite size pieces
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 small onion, chopped and divided
1/2 c whole milk
dash of tabasco and smoke flavouring
salt and pepper
parsley
winter savory

Mix the beans and milk together in a heavy pot.
Meanwhile, chop carrot and sautee with half the onion in a small oiled fry pan.
Dice ham and add to bean and milk mixture, along with the carrot and onion.
Add a dash of tabasco and liquid smoke.
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with raw chopped onion, parsley and savory before serving.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I did the leftover thing tonight. Lots of turkey left from last nights thanksgiving supper along with half a pack of dinner rolls. I had some shredded mozza cheese in the fridge so I slided the buns open, placed them on a baking tray, buttered them with garlic butter, took the ole' slap-chop and chopped up a few chunks of turkey then sprinkled it on the open buns. For added flavor, I put a bit of ranch dressing over the turkey then sprinkled some mozza over the whole works and threw it in the oven. MMM good!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made some of my awesome potato soup, but left out the bacon and added various veggies and my beloved paprika.

There is nothing like a good bowl of soup when you feel like crap.
I got the seasonal flu vax on Thursday.. and now I feel a cold coming on!:neutral:
Awesome Potato Soup-fixed.jpg