• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
days when you're not hungry for something that 'ya can't pinpoint- not my fave.

i picked veal w/ a lemony sauce (though i can't find the cornstarch for a slurry so i have apricots on the table if i to dice & poach); wilted arugula, for my starch maybe-maybe a yukon gold of some sort. made smashed potato last nite, though, so something different

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife dumped me for a younger man today. She'll be sleeping with him in Norwich CT for a week so she can take him out for trick or treat next Monday.
Oh to be 7 and spoiled by grandma again!

Cooking for myself is not as much fun so tonite may be just Ramen noodles or a Spring pasta primavera. Unless my mood changes:whistling:

Breakfast sounds good. I do have some englishmuffins, thick bacon and sharp white cheddar from Vermont.
Got thestuff but,I'm to tired to do blueberry blintzes tonite.

Thursday, her dad is coming over so maybe an apple cider porkroast with small red new potatoes and broccoli floweretts. Likely using the last cuttings of second shoots from the garden.
Crock pot makes this dish so easy and the smell fills the house.

franc

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Was looking at some broccoli shoots in the garden today. May have them tomorrow after I test my coumadin. It always makes it go up.

lilbopeep

Cheese Raviolis topped with homemade sauce and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheese, fresh micro steamed broccoli and Mama’s garlic & herb bread sticks.

102611_ravioli_breadsticks.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My favorite SAMMICH is a fried egg and onion.

Got that off a Jimmy Stewart movie. Anyone know which one?

Careful, you'll date yourself.:w00t2:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ham steak, mashed potatoes/gravy-green beans is for dinner this evening.
Leftovers will go with me to work tomorrow.
Kids will be coming around to trick or treat from 6-7:30... been trying to keep my hands off the treats! arrghh!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Ham steak, mashed potatoes/gravy-green beans is for dinner this evening.
Leftovers will go with me to work tomorrow.
Kids will be coming around to trick or treat from 6-7:30... been trying to keep my hands off the treats! arrghh!

My brother-in-law called last nite to inform me he is staying the week end so the Apple cider glaze prok is postponed until Friday.
I was out of raisins and Black walnuts anyway.

Tonite, I'll do a flank steak cut thin and placed over romaine and spinach with crumbled blue cheese, wine vinegar and olive oil. No women around tonite, so a heap of red onions.

A Crown Valley Bordeaux should finished it off. An me also, Hard day today. Good one but very busy.

Third quarter the economy appears to have leveled off, even has the nose coming up a bit. Sales the last two days have been through the roof.

I'm exhausted.

franc

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks good PG! Had a take out stromboli tonight as we were both tired from putting plants and pots etc. away for the old woman down the hollow.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
shredded the chix & changed my dinner again-

cooked some w/ whole cranberry sauce, fork-smushed some yukons w/ chive, butter, cream, pepper, & a splash of milk, & made a seasoned, buttered carrot. pop to drink

Attachments

• IMG_009445.jpg
    IMG_009445.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 75

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks good PG! Had a take out stromboli tonight as we were both tired from putting plants and pots etc. away for the old woman down the hollow.

Thanks Bill.

shredded the chix & changed my dinner again-

cooked some w/ whole cranberry sauce, fork-smushed some yukons w/ chive, butter, cream, pepper, & a splash of milk, & made a seasoned, buttered carrot. pop to drink

That looks good Aubrey.
I am happy that you are cooking again too. :flowers:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks good Aubrey.
I am happy that you are cooking again too. :flowers:

appreciated, lollie.
was away from my kitch for a month! almost unheard of, lol. i hafta re-stock. sharlie-girl babbit didn't mind when i was shredding that chix. missed cooking!