• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol hydraulics!970 sprite needed

JustDarin

does anyone know what the hyd pump will produce would it be enough to put an 8.5ft hyrdaulic blower on the front

does anyone have the specs so I can figer out flow

Just looking at buying one ..thanks in advance

The Hydraulic motor on a blower takes a different type of pump than your typical pump to operate a plow or groomer cylinders. A blower usually requires a high flow pump and has a case return line in addition to the supply and return lines. Also inorder to keep the blower turning at a constant speed the pump needs to turn at a constant speed which means the engine needs to turn at a constant speed. This is why most hydraulic blowers are run by hydrostatic transmissions which allow the engine RPM to stay constant while the vehicle speed can vary when going from light loads to heavy loads. The best way to get around the problem on a Spryte is to mount a small engine on the flat bed that drives the correct pump for your blower.

JustDarin

Thats about what i figured thanks a lot for the info alaska snow cat
Looking to build a drag too but ill start a new topic for that unless someones up to it in this thread ...100 inches wide. length??
Give me plans .....thanks guys and gals

snowbird

A helpful source for hydraulic pump and motor information might be found at ForceAmerica, Des Moines, Iowa. Their tec folks have helped with engine requirements in the past, as well as "plumbing" questions.