• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Axle housing on ST4 Serial # 2012

Stuart

Upon removing the axle housings I found that on one housing where it is up against the chain sprocket/brake assembly there was a large washer/spacer (same diameter as the seal )between the sprocket and the seal . On the other housing there was none. I can't seem to find a good a good reference to it in any parts manual so I am wondering if anyone has been down this road before and can shed some light on it for me. Did an axle get pulled before and they dropped the spacer and didnt realize it or is it something someone turned on a lathe and added for whatever reason. Thanks Brian

northeastheavy

Check out Christer Morlands website in sweden. I think he has alot of parts diagrams that might help you out. Just put his name in a search engine.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I looked at 4 of my manuals on St4B and st 4. I don't see any washer between the seal and chain on the outside . Did you Check the chain sprokets and see if they are both the same?
Jim