• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Friends

v8dave

Wizard
BoneheadNW in the History thread asked about how well we knew each other and if we had met.

I haven't met any of you folks here or on TBN in person. But, I feel a personal bond to quite a few of you and would happily entertain you in my home. That bond goes quite deep, to the point where I feel a personal loss when somebody drops off. Bill Henro's dropping out made me feel real bad, like a friend had passed away. I had hoped to meet him in person some day, just like you folks. Looks like it may not happen with Bill now.

Each of us gives up a tiny little bit in each our posts and caring folks (like you and me) remember those little bits. Over a year, or longer, we assemble a pretty good feeling about somebody based on these bits. These build up to the point where an unexpressed friendship exists. The cut-off from TBN some of you are experiencing is the same loss we all feel when we lose a friend. I'm glad to have made and continue our acquaintances and I hope in time that I can meet all of you.

Thank you, Junkman.

Regards,
Dave

LarryRB

V8Dave
If you and Junk ever get to meet, you'll get along fine. He's an old car buff also.. Has a small fleet of Corvair's, including the old corvair van, and an gorgeous ambulance. He says the ambulance is for his enjoyment. I bet someday, we'll hear his wife was found permanent sleep mode, in the back of that ambulance:)

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Dave.... you and I have communicated for a while now, and I know exactly what you mean about friendships. I also know what you refer to as the friendships that were forged at TBN. This forum was never meant to cause problems at TBN, but to the contrary, it was designed to keep problems from TBN because they don't allow the type of posting that is done here. Unfortunately, Mohammad is too short sited to realize that fact. He is acting like a bully. I expected better than that from him. I was disappointed to say the least. I know that Doc has tried to communicate with him, but to no avail. I also have emailed him with no response. I see the loss as being two sided. Now that he has made this decision, it appears that it is forged in stone, and I don't believe he will change.

BoneheadNW

Can someone explain to me what an "unfriendly" website is? Who determines what is unfriendly? Who the heck would care what other sites members visit? What right do they have to ban people who visits those sites? What is a TOC rule (as opposed to a POS rule)?
Will you ban me from here if you find out that I am a regular on the Richard Simmons site? http://www.richardsimmons.com/
El Bonehead :pelt:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bonehead, that is the one thing we cannot tolerate! Richard Simmons OMG!
:D :D

ps. i notice the pelt gif is not working right. it displays okay in the choices. I'll look into it.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
While having breakfast, I had a epitome. I came to me while thinking about what someone else said about the number of members at TBN. If the members of TBN come to this forum and post, Muhammad might feel that the posting numbers at TBN will fall in direct relationship. If that happens, then possibly his financial network will collapse since the advertisers might be paying for the advertising based on the number of members and the number of posts. Just a though.. what are your on the subject??????

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
If the members of TBN come to this forum and post, Muhammad might feel that the posting numbers at TBN will fall in direct relationship.

I believe it already has fallen.
It seems to be getting slower by the day. On TBN, 17 posts in the last hour.

BoneheadNW

bczoom said:
I believe it already has fallen.
It seems to be getting slower by the day. On TBN, 17 posts in the last hour.
I was one of those 17. Based on what is happening over there vs over here, I will only post over there if you all can't answer my questions first. There are a few threads that I will continue to look at (Eddie's project, for example) but the tone has changed over there for the worse.

On a different subject, is it possible to add a barfing icon to those on the right?
Bonehead

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
About a month ago I got upset with TBN and left for almost a month before I posted again. I have made some posts in the last week or so but find there is nothing there anymore. So I expect to see less and less of TBN.

As far as friends met here or TBN I have met Spencer. Youl couldn't find a nicer guy. He doesn't come around on TBN much anymore because of his work load. I am finding my time is getting less and less. I will be in Gary's area, golfgar4 but he won't be there so I won't be able to meet him. But would love to meet others.

murph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
On a different subject, is it possible to add a barfing icon to those on the right?

Good idea Bonehead. I think I have the barf smiley somewhere. I'll upload it later today.
If anyone has any smiley they would like added to the selections on the right, just post them and I can pick them up from there.

As for friends from TBN. TomLescoEquip is a cool guy I met thru TBN. I also met JeffSpencer. Tom is a member here ...but hasn't posted yet. Come on Tom, break the ice. ....i know, he's just waiting for the right moment. :D

OkeeDon

There are a few threads that I will continue to look at (Eddie's project, for example)...

Thinking of that, has anyone seen anything from Eddie Walker since Rita went through?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
thcri said:
I will be in Gary's area, golfgar4 but he won't be there so I won't be able to meet him. But would love to meet others.murph

How far south are you coming? You going to be in northern Illinois at all?

Dave

AndyM

Charter Member
OkeeDon said:
Thinking of that, has anyone seen anything from Eddie Walker since Rita went through?

Eddie's posted a few times, but only as replies in other threads. He hasn't posted in his building thread or even mentioned anything about it. :confused:

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
"He hasn't posted in his building thread or even mentioned anything about it. :confused:"

Since the gas prices skyrocketed.. those RV's are being sold or parked. A local paper had an article about "so-n-so" going on vacation in his RV.. gas was going to run $2500 or more for just the fuel. Not sure if Eddie had much damage.. but the gas prices will def. put a hurting on his RV park.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
kensfarm said:
.. gas was going to run $2500 or more for just the fuel. Not sure if Eddie had much damage.. but the gas prices will def. put a hurting on his RV park.

The owner of the company I work for has his boat on Lake Michigan, and every weekend in the summer he and his wife spend three days on the boat (their "escape"). Back in the cheaper days, they would also go cruising up the lake to marinas along Wisconsin, or across to Ludington Michigan. This summer, he didn't really go anywhere at all because the diesel for a single trip to Michigan and back would have run him about $900 in fuel costs. (Twin turbo diesels)

There's a reason them thar things are called "a hole in the water that you throw money into". :fart2:

(Oh, in case you are wondering, it's a Carver Yacht, not some little Glastron ski boat. :D )

Dave