• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

made in Nome Alaska beach glass and ivory jewelery

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
my wife took up a little hobby of making jewelery out of beach glass and ivory carvings, she has been picking up the ivory carvings from local carvers. here is a link to her face book site, she also has an estys store for those of you who have hens that like to doll them selves up. the product she is putting out looks great and is unique to the area ,she also seems to have things priced affordably

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Good for her....suport her all the way... I gave the sites to mom and I think she has sent it to the girls so maby it will bere some business for her......

Leni

DDS, the jewelry would look a lot better if she did not photograph them against a light background unless the item itself is dark. That's why jewelers always show most stones on black velvet. The lighter stones fade into the background and I really can't see the true color of them.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
good idea she aint much of a photo bug I always have to remind her to take pics with the sun behind her. other wise her subject matter will be black

Leni

One of the advantages of living where I do is that there are lot of folks around here that work in the movie industry. One of my friends just retired and was a camara man for the studios. He filmed the How I Met Your Mother series so I figured that he knows better than anyone else that I know how to photo something. I sent him your wifes webpage on Etsy and asked him for any suggestions. Proper presentation makes a big difference. I'll let you know what his comments are.