• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

For you Mac fans

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
You will enjoy this.:yum:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Apc0Zh9JU"]YouTube - Why I'm Switching Back to Windows XP from Mac OS X[/ame]

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm no computer geek, but most of what he said is not compatible with Mac is either gaming crap for kids, or is built in to OSX. I have Photoshop, so paint is like the crippled cousin of Photoshop, IMO. I bet he votes a straight democrat ticket as well. Most dems can't adapt to the superiority of Macs, as they don't learn from the mistakes they and others before them have made...they need to make the same mistakes over and over again. I run core duo on my MacBook, and run my old AutoCAD 14 software on it under Windows 98. I export the .dwg files to Adobe Illustrator under OSX and save as a .pdf file (I can even edit the file if need be), and fax them to my vendors via myfax.com. I guess I have the best of both worlds all on a laptop. I think this kid has a boner for Apple, and I ain't buying the inferiority of Mac BS he's dishing out. He's too young for me to trust his opinion, and the market makers are telling a different story...

Apple Inc.

(NasdaqGS: AAPL)

After Hours: 307.55
up_g.gif
0.08 (0.03%) 7:59PM EDT

Last Trade:307.47Trade Time:Oct 22Change:
down_r.gif
2.05 (0.66%)
Prev Close:309.52
Open:309.01Bid:307.05 x 200Ask:307.61 x 100
1y Target Est:362.20
Day's Range:306.30 - 310.04
52wk Range:185.57 - 319.00
Volume:13,313,408Avg Vol (3m):19,102,400
Market Cap:280.89B
P/E (ttm):23.14
EPS (ttm):13.29
Div & Yield:N/A (N/A)

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe- Only you can turn this thread into a political statement.

If a MAC is such a great do all machine, then why is it necessary to run windows on it? Is the fact that MAC had to incorporate windows an admission that they cannot do it all?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe- Only you can turn this thread into a political statement.

If a MAC is such a great do all machine, then why is it necessary to run windows on it? Is the fact that MAC had to incorporate windows an admission that they cannot do it all?
Thank you...I consider it a gift. :brows::brows: As far as why windows, it is ONLY used for AutoCAD, which I use for my business. I paid $1,500 for the upgrade to Rel 14 many years ago, and at the time it was not available for Macs. When core duo came out and My HP laptop bit the dust, it was an easy decision to go with the Mac and have a platform to run my high-priced old software on. I already had a G5 in my office, so I was comfortable with the nuances of Macs.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe - I would not put you or anyone else down for choosing a MAC. They are good computers. Neither they, nor PC's are a resolution for everyone's needs.

As for their stock price being up as an indicator of quality, it just means the the company is popular. BTW, so was Obama in 2008 :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe - I would not put you or anyone else down for choosing a MAC. They are good computers. Neither they, nor PC's are a resolution for everyone's needs.

As for their stock price being up as an indicator of quality, it just means the the company is popular. BTW, so was Obama in 2008 :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:
The big difference between the two is that Apple produces affordable and positive results that benefit Americans, and their popularity continues to increase. Touche, my friend. Still friends.:flowers:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's another must see classic:yum::yum::yum:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYIfyDENTIY"]YouTube - There's Nothing Wrong with Windows Vista[/ame]

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
JoeV said:
The big difference between the two is that Apple produces affordable and positive results that benefit Americans, and their popularity continues to increase. Touche, my friend. Still friends.

Absolutely we are.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Gotta love the Apple way of "creating magical" products.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI99t9k4aEE"]YouTube - THE MAGICAL IPAD (Parody)[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn it! now I am hungry in the middle of the night! Unfair system integration to put food in a computer thread!

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Joe, they were virtually delicious. I gained a virtual poud while I was asleep. LOL