• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Registry

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure on the total miles /hr the the machine, Chris told me but I forgot engine has been upgraded , I needed another toy /project like a hole in the head but I get out in the bush and start dreaming up ways to spend my heard earned money for when I get back,
this was this years...... but I love the thing...

going to move the gas tanks out side so I can move the driver seat back.

looking for some DOM tubing for the sleeve in the bogies, I found some transmission bolts out of a D7 that are 5/8 and long enough to pass threw both spring shackles, I will machine a bronzes bushing to match.
I have that when I get back from Tok and get that one fixed.

they usley don't like to start serial at 0001 bet they threw in a few numbers like 25 or 10 to start. if you got the first one off the line. that the one everyone learns on at the factory...... :)

that's suppose to fit where?..........

thanks guys I post some pictures of my repairs as I get them done.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
someone posted one with steel bogies and a different style track. it could have been a prototype. looked but couldn't locate the photo.
jim

jask

The lowest number machine I have seen is in a video on youtube it shows 58014 and that is a small bobbin style boggie wheel machine. There were some pictures posted on a swedish site of a machine someone had pulled out of the woods in Sweden (?) that looked like a smaller open top snowtrac and speculation about it being a preproduction machine... never saw anything more posted about it.

nikos

someone posted one with steel bogies and a different style track. it could have been a prototype. looked but couldn't locate the photo.
jim

Jim i will try to find these fotos. I remember the Post. The ST4 with the steel bogies somewhere in a forest in Finland, or in North Europe.
Until then here are some fotos from another ST4 with steel bogies.

Regards Nikos

Attachments

• metal-wheels-detailn1.jpg
    metal-wheels-detailn1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 519
  • open-cab-metal-wheels.jpg
    open-cab-metal-wheels.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 524

jask

i34249196._szw440h440_.jpg

The first picture shows what I believe is one of the original machines, the second is Serial # 58015 which is owned by Tommy Danielsson in Sweden- notice the smaller "bobbin" style boggies ( 11 each side ) the track was solid with a thick rubber section the wheels rode on. The drive wheel ( not a toothed sprocket!! )and rear wheel also straddled this band.

jask

There is some walk around video of the second machine on youtube:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcyLZRENdI"]Snow-Trac - Originalrenovering - YouTube[/ame]

Pay attention around 2:40-2:50 to see the "band". Lots of cool things about this machine: the tracks and forward suspension, the "Patent Sokt" ( patent applied for ), the frame for the soft top, and the spartan dash... obviously a mostly original and well kept machine.
I am really liking the Swedish Blue paint job on ther first machine in the video and am leaning towards painting my machine with a more modern version of this colour.

payne

in french for who understand :

c'est une usine à gaz avec toutes ces roulettes en métal !! et bonjour le système de suspensions !!

i try to translate :
It's a mess all that small metal wheels ! and the sustain system too !!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to wonder about that blue color I have a parts rig in my back yard that color and I know of another one here that color. I've also seen several repainted thaty color through the years makes me wonder if that was an alternative color to the red. all the ones I have seen were still red inside. now that I think of it my little red was blue when I got it.

payne

i34249196._szw440h440_.jpg

The first picture shows what I believe is one of the original machines

red at first , and then blue ... military are white and black for the one's which were in OTAN or military green like in france for the air force .

maybe red is the best color to be seen in snow ? Other snowcats are often red

i've got a picture of one which was for firemen near my home in val d'isère (france)
2904097569_small_1.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if yu notice it the blue ones were still red and just painted over blue it would be cool to know where the blue paint was put on. because of the fact I have seen pics of blue snowtracs in pics all over the world it makes me wonder if they were repainted at the factory before being shipped they all seem too be the same shade can that many people really think the same.

jask

if I can figure out how to get a pic from my phone to post here I will show you the Blue one with the blue interior.... not a speck of red anywhere even in the rubbed through spots.

nikos

yes but as you can see inside the motor , it's red . And yellow in the cabin .

I know Payne, I think the Red is the industry color, and the most popular color in ST4.
BUT every Snow Trac has a different background. I think the colors like (Blue, Yellow, Green - Camo or Orange) are colors with different meaning, to symbolize the different use.
In my country, in Greece the Orange color were the most popular for the St4 in the Electricity Company in 90'( I think there are another 3 - 4 Units - Ambulance somewhere) I dont Know what happened in other Countries about the colors.
One of them,with the Orange is mine. Now my ST4 is with camo colors (black and White), inside the cabin is Orange, and in the motor is still RED. ( At these days the Greek Electricity Company has Prinoth Husky with Blue color).
Every color has a different story to tell. First the Red, then the Orange, and now the Black and White.
I had the opportunity to change, covering all the colors in camo, but i decide from my self NOT to do it, because every colors (Red and Orange) has something to tell me about the previous using.

Regards Nikos

Attachments

• DSC00084.jpg
    DSC00084.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 461

nikos

Jim i will try to find these fotos. I remember the Post. The ST4 with the steel bogies somewhere in a forest in Finland, or in North Europe.
Until then here are some fotos from another ST4 with steel bogies.

Regards Nikos

Somewhere in Norway. Finally :w00t2:

Nikos.

Attachments

• 547093_355574877826871_555553444_n.jpg
    547093_355574877826871_555553444_n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 452
  • 532744_352661084784917_192774663_n.jpg
    532744_352661084784917_192774663_n.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 544605_414040781980280_301234525_n.jpg
    544605_414040781980280_301234525_n.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 470

Crackingday

Mine is number 1445, It has AB AKTIV FICHER SNOW TRAC ST4 (SWEDEN) On the military plate and is described as CARRIER FULL TRACKED FFR (Fitted for Radio) LHD

Its in Kent UK, the least snowy place in the world it seems…………

Ex Royal Marine vehicle.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
#242 and the red (no plate 66?) st4 are at home in WY.

Attachments

• IMG_20150316_193631.jpg
    IMG_20150316_193631.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 382

thepaceline

How pleased am I to discover this forum? Here is our newly acquired Snow Trac beginning the process of restoration with a good steam clean.
Number 2342 and currently residing in the West Midlands before heading off to the Savoie region of the French Alps once completed.

Attachments

• IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 576

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
welcome pace line.

Start a thread and share your build, it generates a lot of interest.

Mike

nikos

Thepaceline

I don't know about the rubber track or what you need and what is necessary to replace under the engine hood, but from a first look everything are there, and in great shape - condition. (Tyres, guides, spring etc).

Congratulation for this deal.

The most important is that there is no any rust in the frame.
The previous owner probably had parked this Snow Trac in a garage.
What is the story of this ST?.
From the Island to the France (Savoie Region).

The best Wishes.

Nikos