• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a celebration catered affair at work yesterday, compliments of Panera Bread.
Bagels of just about every kind, 3 flavours of cream cheese, baked potato and tomato soup, a pesto pasta, fruit bowls and a ton of pastries.

This was for once again passing state survey with flying colours.

Ironman

Pasta Cake :biggrin:

image.jpg

image.jpg

(Old pic)
image.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
One has to wonder just how many different ways there are to make pasta??? This is a first-see for me, so I did some research found a couple different ways to do this. I particularly like the method of using a pastry bag to fill each tube with a ricotta mixture to half full, then top off each one, & the voids in between, with meat sauce and cheese to cap it off. It's harder to make than traditional lasagna, but it will surely have people talking about how clever you are. Pasta pie, pasta cake, baked Ziti, baked spaghetti...no end to the ways folks will turn pasta into a casserole.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going out of town for a few days, so I wanted to clean out the veggie drawer, as DW won't be cooking for herself, and I don't want to waste them. So I found a hunk of Hillshire turkey sausage and made this up for dinner.
Attached Images
attachment.php

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Your brother must be one good looking guy. Lucky him. :brows:

If I look like your brother, then your brother must look like my brother as well. He's holding my grand daughter.

There is a resemblance to my brother, glasses and all. Of course I look nothing like him, he took after our dad, in fact today if you look at a picture of our dad at our age they could be brothers. I look like mom and I'm 5'3" tall whereas my bro is 6'2" tall.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
deli meat- prosciutto parma, turkey, london broil, & mustards & mayo. i have crab, escargot, & frog fer later on.

i bought pork jowl, too, via a charcuterie area. may open that, too, although i'll hafta research uses.

Last edited:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
deli meat- prosciutto parma, turkey, london broil, & mustards & mayo. i have crab, escargot, & frog fer later on.

i bought pork jowl, too, via a charcuterie area. may open that, too, although i'll hafta research uses.

Well that's nothing to brag about.........:biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Pork rib roast that cooked in the slow cooker all day. Cubed potatoes baked in the oven and sweetened mashed turnip with fresh homemade buns. Cake for desert. Washed it all down with a beer.

Umberto

Last night I grilled naked chicken breasts, used alder and cherry for smoke and added the Memphis sauce at the table.

IMG_0621.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

I needed more cabbage in the slaw and it was a bit moist, had no carrot or green pepper to add, as well.

IMG_4308.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Leni

I grilled a pork loin wrapped in bacon. It was served with German fried potatoes and green beans.

Umberto

I grilled a pork loin wrapped in bacon. It was served with German fried potatoes and green beans.

What are German fried potatoes - like German potato salad?

Tonight is bim im bop at a local place that came recommended from a Korean gal I know. I imagine some kimchi will be involved. :brows:

Umberto

The bimimbop was excellent but was the onliest one in the place and don't know how they stay in business.

photo_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
What are German fried potatoes - like German potato salad?

Tonight is bim im bop at a local place that came recommended from a Korean gal I know. I imagine some kimchi will be involved. :brows:

They're potatoes fried with bacon and onions, I always called these home fried potatoes.

Umberto

I chopped up the 3 leftover breasts from the other night, half onion, poured a bottle of BullsEye Memphis sauce over the pot and it's simmering on the hob.

IMG_4318.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

Last night was chicken tamales bought from a woman what sells them out of her truck down by the river and chicken chalupas. The tamales are the best.

I've not seen any church fish fries this year and my bud's church quit doing them.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Every church in our area seems to have them, but if you want a good fish fry dinner you have to go to the VFW down the street. Tonight though will be hot dogs and beans.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I stopped at the grocery store on the way to work and got a 3 pack of corned beef and swiss sliders, they had inglehoffer horseradish sauce on them...:brows:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent Sunday baking bread and making pasta sauce (10#), as well as making a pot roast & gravy. Had spaghetti for dinner Sunday, then the pot roast tonight and again tomorrow. Nice to have home cooking after a week on vacation.

Attachments

• Dinner 031515.jpg
    Dinner 031515.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Dinner 031615.jpg
    Dinner 031615.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 182

Umberto

Ha, I did a pot roast Sunday, as well.

Tonight will make Steak and Guinness but think I'll go to KFC for the biscuits as the oven is still down. :angry:

Umberto

I was going to make half batch of Steak and Guinness but as you can see it didn't happen. This has 1.5 pound petite sirloin, 3 parsnips, 3 carrots, two yellow potatoes, one onion, basket of crimini mushrooms, two cans of tomatoes, two bottles of Guinness and salt and pepper. I'll bake Grand's in the toaster oven. I don't feel like going to KFC for biscuits. I'm not a big fan of black beer to drink, so got Harp to go with the stew.

IMG_0685.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]