• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

a couple you do not see every day

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Have to bring these home next week, do you think my one ton will pull one at a time?the red one is 14.5 feet wide and 30 feet long and the other is a little narrower and 30 feet long the red one will go 50 mph! and the aluminum one will do about 25 mph both with float with those tires the aluminum one has narrower tires on now with chevron tread John Deere diesels Clarke power-shift 6 speed transmissions differential locks

I do not really plan on pulling these with my one ton although weight wise I have pulled more, they will load onto detach neck semi's

Attachments

• rolligons.jpg
    rolligons.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 387

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, I've never seen anything like those vehicles. Very cool. 50mph :eek: That would sure be moving along in the white stuff. :D What is the purpose of these types of vehicles. They look 'special'.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, I've never seen anything like those vehicles. Very cool. 50mph :eek: That would sure be moving along in the white stuff. :D What is the purpose of these types of vehicles. They look 'special'.

They still are used in Alaska on the north slope on the Tundra it is the only vehicle they will let cross the tundra so not to do damage in the summer . they are equipt with rear cabins right now that will hold 16-18 people used on the large inland lakes to transport fishermen at resorts to the ice shacks for fishing in the winter on the frozen ice if the units were to break through they would not sink
there are a couple of polar bear tour groups using them in Canada
Lyndon on the forums has posted some newer Rolligons that are in use Today on the north slope

Note: each one of the tires will support 5000 pounds in the water and they cost $10,000 per tire for new

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
A budy of mine bought one of those to go hunting in works good in the swamps but he said 12 inches of fresh powder would stop his so it was back to tracks for him the little rollagon just sat in his yard looking pretty

Twisted

I think I would just drive them home Boggie.:w00t2: but that's me....
I can't quite read the name but they look like machines that came from LOW???

Twisted

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think I would just drive them home Boggie.:w00t2: but that's me....
I can't quite read the name but they look like machines that came from LOW???

Twisted

That's the spot............ that would be a real long drive. but cars would move over for you I bet.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
If you try to go through the McDonalds drive through with that they would have to feed you with a stick. (Not that they wouldn't anyway).:yum:

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
A budy of mine bought one of those to go hunting in works good in the swamps but he said 12 inches of fresh powder would stop his so it was back to tracks for him the little rollagon just sat in his yard looking pretty

Did he air down the tires? They use them quite a lot in alaska and they seem capable.

Lyndon, have you had this problem with those machines?

I could see them possibly being limited by the steepness of a grade.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Did he air down the tires? They use them quite a lot in alaska and they seem capable.

Lyndon, have you had this problem with those machines?

I could see them possibly being limited by the steepness of a grade.
here are some limitations i know of based on the imput from people who have used them for things like hunting .first they run low ground presure you can run over a man and not hurt him but hey need a surface with somethind to support them crusty snow or permafrost they wil wallow in powder as most wheeled vehicles do but don't much substance to get on top secondly stay away from willows a six wheel drive one was shipped to nome for a hunting buggy now it just sits because willows would blow out the tires i looked at some of them and you could see where they tried to sew the tires back together and patch them used in there intended envirement they are un stoppable but they are a specialized vehicle and also cool.