• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vin's latest adventure ...crossing Asia

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I"m guessing most long time members know / remember Vin and Mary from the land down under. Vin was a member here ...but moved on 5 or so years ago.

I have learned he took a trip across Asia and more. Very interesting to me and I thought some here might like to ride along via your puter.
I have yet to see a lot of pics but read over the prep work and planning. Then they were off to Malaysia Kuala Lumpur and they were off. What a trip it must have been.

vin's site: http://www.rtw2up.com/malaysia-and-thailand.html

Attachments

• Asia_Malaysia_KualaLumpur.PNG
    Asia_Malaysia_KualaLumpur.PNG
    333.8 KB · Views: 192

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, met Vin and Mary on their US trip. Sure do miss him.

I spent the morning reading through their adventure. That was quite a trip.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, met Vin and Mary on their US trip. Sure do miss him.

I spent the morning reading through their adventure. That was quite a trip.
I"m amazed by the concept of the entire trip. I spent some time in SE Asia and know the communication issues. To travel through all those countries and deal with all the dialects would be a chore in and of itself. To do it all on a Honda 500 & sleeping in a tent. :wow:

I'll admit, I miss Vin also. We had a ball with him when he visited here. Good times. :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Up until last year, I had been talking to Vin in Yahoo mail.
Then I got rid of Yahoo altogether and didn't put his address in my new mail account.

Thanks for re-posting his site, something also lost in the shuffle.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have kept up with Vin over the years. The motorcycle trip him and Mary made was pretty amazing!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I followed his trip as he posted pictures and stories on Facebook. Was it something like 24000kms in 10 months through Asia over to France and on to south America? Could be wrong but I saw a map he posted with his whole route.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Weren't he and Mary sponsoring kids from Cambodia too?
That's the last I heard from him.
Maybe it's been longer than a year ago, but sure does seem like yesterday.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes PG. I rememeber that vaugley also. Seems like yesterday that he came to our place on the Ohio and went boating. And that was 2008.

Thanks for the pics Brian. Awesome. What a trip that must've been. The stories he could tell.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
He shared this map showing all of the stops on the first leg of the journey.

23d65c86c4986619d2450293b08458f0.jpg

They then moved on to Columbia and Argentina. The bike was crated and shipped.

d624c8f269ef674f3873f415c2d4d2de.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

bearJ

That must be an incredible trip of lifetime. I started off road biking and touring like this seems way more amazing.