• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac for Sale

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Villi posted some information in one of the threads, but he also sent me an email so I thougth I would post this.

There is a Snow Trac ST4 for sale in Iceland. This is the Snow Trac with the Subaru engine installed. Villi does NOT own this Snow Trac but it is for sale for $3801. He has asked for information and more photos of the Snow Trac. As more details are available (like who to contact to buy it) I will let you know or perhaps Villi will post the information directly.

I know that at least 2 of us here at the Forums have imported our Snow Tracs from other countries, so it is not a big deal to do that. I know I would help anyone who wanted to import one, and I suspect that Gordon Robertson would do the same. I also know that we have several people from Iceland who visit this site, so perhaps one of them might get a great looking Snow Trac.

According to an internet currency converter: 3,801 US Dollar (USD) = 248,978 Iceland Krona (ISK)

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpeg
    attachment-1.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 482
  • attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 477

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I will pick it up if no one else will. I would like a Snow Trac for the tighter trails I have up here as well. VILLI send me any contact information when you get it. Again if someone else really wants this unit then post and I will back off.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
There is a Snow Trac ST4 for sale in Iceland. This is the Snow Trac with the Subaru engine installed. Villi does NOT own this Snow Trac but it is for sale for $3801.

According to an internet currency converter: 3,801 US Dollar (USD) = 248,978 Iceland Krona (ISK)

Ok, If no one else is going to ask ,I will ????? How did the seller arrive at $3801?
I bet he is planning on coming down to a even $3800 if you bargain and haggle long enough !:thumb:
That seems pretty cheap to me for a personal Snow cat .... I sure hope we get more information on this .
Bob, you were a import guy on your Snow Trac ,so what will it end up costing to get it deliever into the U.S. after customs is done ??? Lets say Grass Valley Ca.95945 for example ???:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
I will pick it up if no one else will. QUOTE]

Well... God knows you will need lots of parts for those Snow Tracs.. :yum: :yum:

Oh Man !! I am getting good at this insult thing ! I crack me up !:yum: :yum: :yum:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Oh hell NO! I wont back down for a Kristi owner! LOL have at it BigAl. Then you could see what a real Snow machine can do! lol

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
Oh hell NO! I wont back down for a Kristi owner!

You don't have to back down Mike ,Actually you just have to catch up !!!:yum: :yum:

OH Man !! I am on a roll tonight !!!!!:coolshade :coolshade .

Mike, I just thought it would be about the most to ship to the west coast so anyone could get a "at worst case scenario"price . If I bring home one more snow cat I might be looking for a new home!
Al

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen there would be 2 components to the shipping. One is the boat ride from Iceland to port, the other is the freight from NY to California. I honestly don't know the costs, I imported mine about a year ago, and mine came from farther away. If you want, I could put you in touch with the customs agency/importer I used. It was reasonably painless, I had lots of papers to sign, but really they handled all the grief.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Allen there would be 2 components to the shipping. One is the boat ride from Iceland to port, the other is the freight from NY to California. I honestly don't know the costs, I imported mine about a year ago, and mine came from farther away. If you want, I could put you in touch with the customs agency/importer I used. It was reasonably painless, I had lots of papers to sign, but really they handled all the grief.

Good morning All,
You have better luck than me . When I imported my Sliegh through Canada last year ,U.S. Customs was sure it was going to be used in a terrorist plot of some kind . 2 1/2 months to get it through the border . It was a antique ( 170 years old) and that changes everything on import rules . I guess customs thought it was maybe part of a stolen King Tut Exhibition .

I think I better pass on another Snow cat for now .

For all you "FENCE SITTERS" out there , here's your chance to get into snowcattin . The price sure seems right and it does have a better motor set up . And best of all Parts are avalible and so are Manuals . Besides ,what are you going to do , Save all your money so the kids can inherit it ???

Come On !!! The wife is getting sick and tired of you sitting around the house all day and pestering her complaining about "nothin to do" !( her words ,not mine ). All you do now is sit on the couch , eat Bon Bon's and watch Ohpra and Dr. Phil !!! Buy the damn thing ,for cryin out loud !

If you do buy it , I will make you a honorary member in good ...uh... questionable standing in the Kristi Kat Klub , < "note cool spelling" .
You will also be given a "cool" nick name like Big Dog Dave , Hook Nose Sam , One Eye Willie or something like that . That in itself sure get you motivated .
(note: offer void if Mouse Ear Mike buys it)

Hey !!! The sun is shining and "Big (The Duke) Al" is out and about!!!!:moon:

Good Morning Gals & Gents!

:coolshade BigAl