• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Martial Law Imminent?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I do fear it is coming before the next election. The recent protests were a cover to allow them to test out scenarios and practice shutting down communications.

sunlover

I do fear it is coming before the next election. The recent protests were a cover to allow them to test out scenarios and practice shutting down communications.

Unfortunately, too many have ignored what has been going on in this country for a very long time and have been ok with the bans put on too many of us...and this is the end result of being passive i'm afraid.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
She lost me in the first few seconds. At any rate if it happens what does anyone do short term to stop it? Not much as it takes time to mount a revolution which it would take to end it.

sunlover

She lost me in the first few seconds. At any rate if it happens what does anyone do short term to stop it? Not much as it takes time to mount a revolution which it would take to end it.

Despite how many seem to feel, a revolution has already started...with the occupy movement. That's why i said much earlier in another post, that any action regarding what is going on with this government is better then no action.

sunlover

I hope you stuck around for more then just a few seconds joe, there was a lot more to it...

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope you stuck around for more then just a few seconds joe, there was a lot more to it...

Oh I watched all but pretty much wrote it off quickly. As for a revolution perhaps, perhaps not but if it comes the average armed American better be ready to kill his fellow American to gain their weapons as it will take a lot more than side arms and hunting rifles to stop the US military with all their might. They don't use flintlocks as they did at the time the 2nd Amendment was written.

sunlover

Oh I watched all but pretty much wrote it off quickly. As for a revolution perhaps, perhaps not but if it comes the average armed American better be ready to kill his fellow American to gain their weapons as it will take a lot more than side arms and hunting rifles to stop the US military with all their might. They don't use flintlocks as they did at the time the 2nd Amendment was written.

Being aware and ready...very important things to take note of. I found it interesting in researching this that they say that 90% of the military would be ready to fire on the citizens of this country in order to save their jobs...because of this economy. :wow:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry Joe , but IMO if it comes to a revolution most of the military will be on our side too. This aint Iraq or the other countrys that are going to put up with this bullshit, our military is what has fought for our freedom , past, present and future.

I'll bet my life they will be behind whats right as they have all bet theirs. :flagusa:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry Joe , but IMO if it comes to a revolution most of the military will be on our side too. This aint Iraq or the other countrys that are going to put up with this bullshit, our military is what has fought for our freedom , past, present and future.

I'll bet my life they will be behind whats right as they have all bet theirs. :flagusa:

I wouldn't bet my life on that CB but you if it happens can tell me I'm wrong that is if we survive the first strike.

It has happened in the past where American (police/military) have fired on unarmed civilians. Perhaps Kent State comes to mind, Waco etc. If they are convinced they are in the right they would mow you and me down just as soon look at us.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

It would definitely be dicey, but my comrades still active have been discussing this sort of thing for a while now, and are
beginning to come to a consensus about what actions might be necessary to honor their vow to protect the Constitution
from "enemies, foreign and domestic". This might not include throwing in with revolutionaries, but it could well mean
not firing on citizens who were trying to save the country from usurpers.

If martial law and armed revolt come it will not be pleasant, but it is undoubtedly preferable to the alternative:
abject enslavement under laws that are contrary to every precept of our Constitution.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't bet my life on that CB but you if it happens can tell me I'm wrong that is if we survive the first strike.

It has happened in the past where American (police/military) have fired on unarmed civilians. Perhaps Kent State comes to mind, Waco etc. If they are convinced they are in the right they would mow you and me down just as soon look at us.
A lot of shit has happened since Kent state and Waco Joe , Lets also remember who were involved, and how they were prepared in both of those examples. :wink:

Its a whole different world these days, and trust me its not just a bunch of paranoid rednecks that will be protecting whats theirs. I have faith in our military to do whats right when it comes down to the nut cutting, and taking the trash out , I sure as hell hope others do as well.

I hope to hell some dumbass makes a decision to drop some bunker busting bomb right on top of my butt , the men and women that have been protecting our freedom aint gonna take kindly to that on our own soil, and they wont give a fuck WHAT the media reports.

Just my opinion, and my personal faith in the ones that I consider our protectors. :wink:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
A lot of shit has happened since Kent state and Waco Joe , Lets also remember who were involved, and how they were prepared in both of those examples. :wink:

Its a whole different world these days, and trust me its not just a bunch of paranoid rednecks that will be protecting whats theirs. I have faith in our military to do whats right when it comes down to the nut cutting, and taking the trash out , I sure as hell hope others do as well.

I hope to hell some dumbass makes a decision to drop some bunker busting bomb right on top of my butt , the men and women that have been protecting our freedom aint gonna take kindly to that on our own soil, and they wont give a fuck WHAT the media reports.

Just my opinion, and my personal faith in the ones that I consider our protectors. :wink:

I agree with you really just a fact under the right situation it could happen. Oh and do I think it is very unlikely. As I said in my first post I wrote off this souce pretty quick though I did listen to it. In fact I don't see this happening at all in this country at least not any time soon.:smile:

Kane

If you ask me, I hope they are ready to impose martial law ... like on mid-night November 6th, 2012 right after Barack Obama is defeated.

There will be riots in the streets all across America. Looting and burning like we've not seen in decades.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I've been saying all this for some time... This OWS crap is the last stage of this, you have these clowns that don't want to work and expect the rest of us to give them our labor to make them "Equal". Obama clearly started this with his class warfare speaches, and then support for these people. They are ramping up their protests, getting more violent as time goes on. The people that started OWS were Anrchist (not Anti-Christ), now just people that are true class morons are showing up now because they are clueless and the interviews prove my point!

They want a "Four Dead in Ohio" moment and the police haven't played along with violence.... They did however spray a bunch of the A$$holes with pepper spray. Now the press is trying to make that a defining moment and the public isn't buying it. The other people there had videos of the police being circled unlike the first video showed.

This is in the same vein of what Hitler, Stalin, Mao and other dictators did to take control. Create a disaster to justify a Marshal Law type event to "Save the People" from an event of their own creation. Even Fast and Furious was designed to take guns from the public but it backfired.

The US military isn't going to back Obama, but with the now massive cuts because the "Super Committee" failed (was expected to fail) and they will automaticly start gutting the Military with massive cuts, when it comes time to "save" the Country, it will require troops to help from foreign countries to "Assist", which have no loyalty to the US Constitution.

Really hope I'm wrong, but each step so far is almost from the same blueprint of past Dictators.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I agree with you really just a fact under the right situation it could happen. Oh and do I think it is very unlikely. As I said in my first post I wrote off this souce pretty quick though I did listen to it. In fact I don't see this happening at all in this country at least not any time soon.:smile:

Well I'm sure your viewpoint in 1932 would have been Hitler was a great guy, in fact he was downright popular in the early years! Then it was the Jews were bad (insert Wall Street), then he slowly spun his web which resulted in some 50,000,000 deaths before it was righted...

If these protesters really were serious about legitimate reform on Wall Street, they should be in Washinton occupying there...

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Well I'm sure your viewpoint in 1932 would have been Hitler was a great guy, in fact he was downright popular in the early years! Then it was the Jews were bad (insert Wall Street), then he slowly spun his web which resulted in some 50,000,000 deaths before it was righted...

If these protesters really were serious about legitimate reform on Wall Street, they should be in Washinton occupying there...

You know foggy you sometime live up to that handle.

I was pointing out only one thing here so please learn to read. That if you think the president (any president and party) declared martial law that the military wouldn't follow orders. They already have a record on this in recent history. I'm sure you remember Katrina they confiscated legally own guns, shot down unarmed people on a bridge. Now that was on a small scale by police which is now a military force too.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The question with the military is which side will they be on?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
The question with the military is which side will they be on?

That is the question and my guess based on what I've seen before it wouldn't be for the civilian population. I would love to think different but based on small scale situations today, I tend to doubt I'm wrong. First would be local/state police and you can see how they react. Once they loose control then would come the National Guard and they have a record too such as Kent State. I'm sorry folks I don't trust either the police or military to do the right thing when they get their 30 seconds of real power of life and death. Sometime perfectly sane people do some very insane things in these situations.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
You know foggy you sometime live up to that handle.

I was pointing out only one thing here so please learn to read. That if you think the president (any president and party) declared martial law that the military wouldn't follow orders. They already have a record on this in recent history. I'm sure you remember Katrina they confiscated legally own guns, shot down unarmed people on a bridge. Now that was on a small scale by police which is now a military force too.

"Just following Orders" is what the German high command tried to claim after the war was over. They were hanged after the trial, you are not under any obligation to follow illegals orders, if you do, you are liable for prosecution as well.

It was the local police that were taking legal guns, not the military, it was the local police that shot people on the bridge, not the military. The military was saving people that the idiotic Mayor and Governor told to stay put instead of evacuate, Democrats I might add! Instead they blamed FEMA which was never designed to be a first response, it was to back up local emergency responses.

By the way... As for the "handle" Fogtender, I got it in the Coast Guard, while on a light house keeping people off the rocks, none of your fantasy drug stuff.

Your views of the military verses local police is pretty skewed.

The Military won't support Obama's call for Marshal Law and he is well aware of that, which is why he wants a second force just like Hitler had the Brown Shirts, later to become the SS. History does seem to elude you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbrHFUb1tw&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Barack's Civilian National Security Forces? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ3CHKm9ZuY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel´s Plan for The Draft - MANDATORY SERVICE - for everyone 18-25 - YouTube[/ame]

I'm supprised you have this as a statement when it is clear you can't see history repeating itself in broad daylight!

It is said that slavery is the natural order of man, and without knowledge of his past that is what man will default to.

Last edited:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
No it doesn't elude me and if you don't think the army would follow orders from their commanding officers then good luck. Either way I not only don't trust police departments (closer to the military today than the police I grew up with) and the military. Give a 18 to 20 year old a gun, give him an order that includes social unrest and what he/she might see as got to be a good order and they will follows.

Now stop bringing the Nazi into this as it pertains to me, I find it personally offensive. I've seen it before and you can bet if it happened here it wouldn't be any different than anywhere else.

Now as I said from the get go I don't think it will happen period so now why have you singled me out to attack for my opinion? But then I seem to be the only one here that doesn't tow your line of right wing is always right and left wing is always wrong so I guess I don't fit into your view of the world.. Perhaps you should join a group that thinks like you do exclusively so you can then belong, I don't need it myself.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
No it doesn't elude me and if you don't think the army would follow orders from their commanding officers then good luck. Either way I not only don't trust police departments (closer to the military today than the police I grew up with) and the military. Give a 18 to 20 year old a gun, give him an order that includes social unrest and what he/she might see as got to be a good order and they will follows.

Now stop bringing the Nazi into this as it pertains to me, I find it personally offensive. I've seen it before and you can bet if it happened here it wouldn't be any different than anywhere else.

Now as I said from the get go I don't think it will happen period so now why have you singled me out to attack for my opinion? But then I seem to be the only one here that doesn't tow your line of right wing is always right and left wing is always wrong so I guess I don't fit into your view of the world.. Perhaps you should join a group that thinks like you do exclusively so you can then belong, I don't need it myself.

Um, it was you whom implied I was "Foggy" and don't grasp what is happening, I see it very clearly, and have repeatedly post Obama's own plan in his own words, yet you can't grasp this man is no different than how Hitler came to power, he Promised "Change" as well..

I don't think Obama will be sucessful, but how many people will die stopping something like this happening? Hitler, it took about 50,000,000.

loboloco

My thoughts here, for what they are worth:
The military, since the mid 80's have been having an internal debated on this. The consensus is still in the air. Mostly it would be situational and would probably split the military. One of the things to watch for would be NG or reserve unit movements out of their base states. Simple fact, Ga boys are a lot more likely to light up Chicagoans than the local units would, and conversely, NYC units might not hesitate to cap a few texans.
I too, believe the police have become 'militarized', but the police would last only minutes against even a mid grade guard unit.
Too many veterans out here that do know the weaknesses of the military and in such a situation, would be willing to exploit them.
Joec, a hunting rifle is actually more powerful and usually more accurate than the small arms carried by our soldiers. Poison gas and explosives can be made from common materials and all the armor a tank has won't stand up to some of the explosives possible for the 'average' farmer to make.
History has shown it only takes appr 10% of a population to actively rise to make an uprising initially successful.
Joe, we should compare what is occurring now to 1932 Germany for a very simple reason. Both Hitler and Obama have the same political philosophy.

Kane

I'm supprised you have this as a statement when it is clear you can't see history repeating itself in broad daylight!
It is said that slavery is the natural order of man, and without knowledge of his past that is what man will default to. -- Joe
Astute observation, fogtender. Liberal irony at its best.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Um, it was you whom implied I was "Foggy" and don't grasp what is happening, I see it very clearly, and have repeatedly post Obama's own plan in his own words, yet you can't grasp this man is no different than how Hitler came to power, he Promised "Change" as well..

I don't think Obama will be sucessful, but how many people will die stopping something like this happening? Hitler, it took about 50,000,000.

I for one also think he has failed however but he has also been correct and not completely wrong no more than previous presidents in our past.

My whole point is both sides have been wrong as much correct. The problem is they have finally done it, divided the country down to rooting for your own political team be it democrats or republicans using single issues to divide it. It has now become a sport and nothing more. Hate now has replace logic so most buy into conjecture if it is on their side be it one or the other and common sense and logic be damned.

Now as to why I called you foggy as you evidently didn't read or if you did didn't understand what I wrote. If you had you might of understood what I posted and take it as that. Like Kane though you have your mind made up as to where I'm coming from and don't have a clue really.

Kane

The answer lies as easily as the difference between the Egyptian military and the Syrian military.

In Egypt, where the military had political control, the military laid down down arms and in fact joined the people.

In Syria, the government controls the politics of the military. Thousands are being slaughtered.

So in America, I would have to say YES the military, however reluctant, would fire upon the citizens.

As I see it.