• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why Wisconsin is what it is!! Welcome !!!

Grooming Snow

Church Phone

A man in Topeka, Kansas, decided to write a book about churches around
the country. He started by flying to San Francisco, and started working
east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking
photographs and making notes.

He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall, and was intrigued
with a sign which read, "$10,000 per minute."
Seeking out the pastor, he asked about the phone and the sign.

The pastor answered that the golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to
Heaven, and if he pays the price, he can talk directly to God.

The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way. As he continued to
visit churches in Seattle, Salt Lake City,
Denver, Chicago, Milwaukee, and around the United States, he found more
such phones, with the same sign, and the same explanation from each
pastor.

Finally, the man arrived in the lovely Green Bay, Wisconsin. Upon entering
a church, behold: he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the
sign read: "Calls: 25 cents"! Fascinated, the man asked to speak with
the pastor.

"Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each
church I have found this golden telephone, and have been told it is a
direct line to Heaven, and that I could use it to talk to God.. But in
20 other churches, the cost was $10,000 per minute. Your sign says 25
cents per call Why is that?

(I just love this part!)

The pastor, smiling benignly, replied: "Son, you're in the north now,
and it's a local call.

:D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
See and silly me, I just figured that all the speeding tickets your Wisconsin State Police issue to the tourists from Illinois were being used to subsidize the costs of the phone calls.

Seems like you can't drive across the border and travel for more than 5 miles before you trip over a trooper issuing a ticket to someone with an Illinois license plate. What is the "season" for Illinios drivers in Wisconsin?

Grooming Snow

If you head up on hwy41:17875: look out they have name it the fastest road in Wisconsin and plan on really cracking down on speeders! Not to say that people from the Great state of Illinios speed , it just you have more spendable cash:whistle:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Over her on I39 the FIB's have a free pass it seems. :mad:

Or they just fly past the troopers who pull out and pull over a local for going 3 mph over. (Been there myself! Grrr.) They are either going 90 mph (not exagerating) or 45 mph. I have seen many accidents caused by our "friendly Illinois brethren" who just keep on going leaving chaos in thier wake.

I have written the govoner asking for FIB season several times. No responce yet. I'm hoping they will include it with the rest of the small game season.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
HA, you call them FIBs. Down here in Indiana we call Illinois drivers FIPs.

I think we can all figure out F.
I = Illinois.
B = ba****ds???
P = people

No matter what you call them, they are some of the least considerate drivers on the planet when they escape the boundaries of their state and go off to visit the lakes, dunes, and tourist areas in their neighboring states.

Grooming Snow

Yes your right about the driving !But we never turn down their money when it come's to when they spend it! The funny thing is that even the people that are from Illinios the retire UP North don't like it when the FIBer's come up, they sit and swear about them and say dam people from Illinios, they shoud just stay home :smileywac .
:eek: Well it's not all Illinios driver's , it is mostly the Chicago area drivers :eek:
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE high speed driver's?? Well we won't even start about the UPERS! :pat:

Last edited:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
HA, you call them FIBs. Down here in Indiana we call Illinois drivers FIPs.

I think we can all figure out F.
I = Illinois.
B = ba****ds???
P = people

No matter what you call them, they are some of the least considerate drivers on the planet when they escape the boundaries of their state and go off to visit the lakes, dunes, and tourist areas in their neighboring states.
:flame2::14_6_12::gun2::wussie::bitterCol:657:

:finger2::finger2::finger2: