• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It Passed

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The U.S. House has passed its health-care reform bill by a 220-215 vote.

Well .... No longer can they say he has not done something . Now its going to get interesting to see who is correct in there beliefs .

I just hope when all hell breaks loose around here ,its in the Debate & discussion section .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well .... No longer can they say he has not done something . Now its going to get interesting to see who is correct in there beliefs .

I just hope when all hell breaks loose around here ,its in the Debate & discussion section .

I hope so too, Al.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I guess we're screwed. I came here in 1985 to get away from over taxation. I wonder where I'm going to go next? Any room left down in Panama Al???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess we're screwed. I came here in 1985 to get away from over taxation. I wonder where I'm going to go next? Any room left down in Panama Al???

Sure ! Why not ! The more the merrier . Be at the bus stop at seven . Have exact change and don't be late . You can't miss my bus !

Attachments

• bus_in_panama.jpg
    bus_in_panama.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 100

daedong

I guess you might be right, since 1985 I would suggest you and most Americans have not paid enough tax, That is the reason you (USA) have so much debt. Folks in the US need to accept their responsibility. Spending without taxing does not last for ever!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess you might be right, since 1985 I would suggest you and most Americans have not paid enough tax, That is the reason you (USA) have so much debt. Folks in the US need to accept their responsibility. Spending without taxing does not last for ever!

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:,okay sorry . Oh You were actually serious . Well in that case BWA HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!
I don't suppose fiscal responsibility ever even entered Your mind did it ?

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
My comment was just food for your thought, I would not have thought it funny mate.

I have no doubt that You were serious . That just makes it all that more humorous . We as a people don't pay more to the Government so that they can fritter away yet more funds .

daedong

I have no doubt that You were serious . That just makes it all that more humorous . We as a people don't pay more to the Government so that they can fritter away yet more funds .

You obviously don't get it, the US spends more than you collect in tax, Its a no brainer.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
You obviously don't get it, the US spends more than you collect in tax, Its a no brainer.

Oh , I get it . But the solution is not paying more , it's spending less .
I don't know ,or for that matter care what Your country does in the way of taxes . But, here We seem to keep taxes long after they have done what they were intended for . It's a never ending money pit that politicians seem to like to draw on . Here's but one example from the State I live in .
http://pittsburgh.about.com/b/2007/08/27/the.htm

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Australia's corporate tax rate was cut in 2002 to a maximum of 30%
The USA's corporate tax rate was cut in 1985 to a maximum of 34%

I can understand why you say we pay to little. In fact we pay plenty. Unfortunately our idiots in Congress SPEND TOO DAMN MUCH and refuse to live within any sort of budget. The issue is not paying to little.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well (R) Cao from LA is going to get some chit!!! The Senate won't be as easy especially if it goes into 2010. These people just aren't listening to their district populations. I'm like Danny, if things stay like they are, 2010 will bring repercussion. Jobs are on the line right now after this fiasco. How much hiding can they do?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel sick. :puke2:
I have no issues with paying enough taxes to keep us going but do not want to pay for unwanted bailouts and ill thought out medical coverage plans. Our congress is putting us so far in the hole that the majority of us cannot afford to pay enough taxes to get us out of this hole. They are selling out our country.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel sick.
Don't say that yet, ObamaCare makes you wait 6 months before covering you for a pre-existing condition!

Our congress is putting us so far in the hole that the majority of us cannot afford to pay enough taxes to get us out of this hole.
Uh, which of us can afford it? Heck they piled on so much debt our kids and grandkids will be paying our debt.

They are selling out our country.
Correction, they already sold us out.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I can understand why you say we pay to little. In fact we pay plenty. Unfortunately our idiots in Congress SPEND TOO DAMN MUCH and refuse to live within any sort of budget. The issue is not paying to little.

I have a slightly different take. I completely agree that our congress and most all other politicians spend far too much. I suppose that happens when you get to live and act without real consequences that are immediate and tangible. They say anything and do anything to stay in power. If that means spending more than is available, so be it.

My take on paying taxes is that it will never work when you have a small percentage of the population carrying the majority of the population. Imagine, if you will, a slave ship being rowed across the pond. The slaves are the only source of locomotion due to completely calm winds. However, the captain of the ship has said that none of the smaller slaves need to row. They are too small and they need all of their energy to just survive (in the captains mind). Unfortunately, the percentage of "small" slaves is well over half of the slaves on board. They do nothing but are still able to partake in full rations.

The next group of slaves are the "normal" size slaves who are in reasonable health. They need to row, but only about 20 percent of the time. Being that the "small" slaves represent so large of the percentage of available slaves, the "normal" sized slaves have to sit with the strong slaves on the port side of the ship. The starboard side of the ship's rowing galley is completely occupied by "small" slaves. They just hold their oars and wait for chow time or their time above deck and jump in front of the others in line to see the ship's doctor; remember, they are the small slaves.

Now you have the "strong" slaves. They work hard and sometimes literally kill themselves from working so hard. The captain loves them because he can make them row all the time yet give them no more rations or care than all the other slaves. They all sit in the front section of the port side of the ship and row their brains out while the other slaves shout that they need to row harder because they clearly aren't getting the ship anywhere. Frustrated, the captain declares that the rest time for the "strong" slaves must be shortened as to help the ship. Unfortunately, the ship stays in the same area simply rowing in circles.

In a nutshell, that is the American taxation system. It's bleeding those who earn the most so much because a large percentage of the population doesn't pay taxes. Since each vote counts as much as the other, politicians cater to those who don't pay any taxes because they are the key to keeping in power. Unfortunately, this does nothing to get our 'ship' into it's harbor. Everyone needs to pull their fair share or it simply won't work. With our current taxation system, the majority of the U.S. citizens simply do not even come close to pulling their fair share of the load. Bluntly, they are only a burden on the system as it now exists. It's no wonder we are drowning in red ink when that portion of the population far outweighs the portion that is paying. It will never work, the tax system, until everyone pulls their own weight. The free rides that buy votes will have to end. Even if their fair share is a mere pittance, those people need to contribute to our society if they are to enjoy the benefits. Make sense?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from Panama cheking out where I am going to live next. Love it down there. Plenty of room.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just got back from Panama cheking out where I am going to live next. Love it down there. Plenty of room.
Well we did not see any Pictures ??????? Where all did you visit???
Pictures Man!!!! Post them in the travel forum section :clap::clap::clap:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Computer(s) rebuild Tuesday. Will post pictures after the rebuild. Spent most of my time in Boquete, some in el Valle and Volcan. Wonderful place and people. Around 25% of the population are expats in Boquete

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

Vin, you are agreeing with me and Bob? What you posted seems to clearly state that the United States hammers it's tax payers (a relatively small percentage of the population in reality) for a larger percentage of the government's income than most other countries. It is taxes on products and services where the U.S. has a lower tax. Again, this is where the Democrats strongly state we, the U.S. government, cannot increase taxes because it will impact everyone, not just the people earning an income and actually paying taxes. People who pay no taxes would have to contribute if taxes are raised on that segment of taxation. Our Democrats will have nothing to do with that! Raising taxes that everyone would have to pay, not just those who earn an income, would cost most Democrats in office their position.