• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help finding value of these Vietnam Figurines

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My father in law brought these home in the 60's. Unique looking ...but wife wants to sell then. I'm hoping they are worth a lot (of course) but have no clue how to find the approx value. Anyone here have an idea on how to find the value?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 235

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are there any markings on the bottom of them indicating who made them and/or when?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thought Brian. I had to go look. Not much there. One little sticker that I cannot read. Same with all I got out of the box. I thought I could enlarge the pic and read it but no go. I'll dig up a magnifying glass and try that way.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 235

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those look like Chinese Mud Figurines to me. But since they have a matte finish they are not like most of the Chinese Mud Figurines that I have seen as most/all of those are at least partially finished with a high gloss/ceramic finish over parts of the figures.

No clue what a Vietnamese figure is worth.

I know that the vintage Chinese Mud Figurines are in the $8 to $10 (each) range at shops.

I'm sure there are some worth much more, but I've commonly seen old ones in that price range.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife's eyes are younger and better than mine. She said the little sticker on them says "Japan".

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife's eyes are younger and better than mine. She said the little sticker on them says "Japan".

OK, no clue what those are worth either. But if they are post-WWII era Japanese then there is probably a specialty market for them. I know that a lot of post WWII era Japanese goods (toys, etc) are collectable.

Did you check Ebay?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No ebay yet. I started here. Did not even know the word Hakata or Chinese mud figures.
THANKS guys!!!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I recognized them Doc from when my Aunt Midori had some.
That was my Uncle Jack's wife whom he met while in the Navy.
The little man holding the scroll looks slightly familiar.
She had mostly porcelain figures tho unlike these.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kewl PG. The man with the scroll is also at the link you gave me for ebay. Thanks for the help. I was at a loss.