• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My student is the 2nd best H.S. Saber fencer in Indiana

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Its official. My team captain, the quiet girl who didn't win a single bout her freshman year, just won the silver medal at the Indiana H.S. Fencing Championships. My little mouse now roars!

She has become a better fencer than I can coach. Next year a 'real' coach will have her on a college team. That will be a very lucky coach. She has huge potential and is currently being recruited by 3 university teams. After today maybe more?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 4.09.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 4.09.24 PM.png
    532 KB · Views: 122

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Even better news.

Lexi is fencing now at The Arnold Fencing Classic in Columbus Ohio. The Arnold is one of the largest fencing events in the world. She is fencing in Senior Women's Saber.

She has worked her way up and is now on a break, waiting for the Quarter Final rounds to start.

I never expected her to reach the top 4 in this event. In fact I was hoping she would make Top 8 and figured that was an OUTSIDE chance. Cannot even begin to say how proud I am of her,

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0-1.jpg
    imagejpeg_0-1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 106

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bronze Medal winner, this girl right here :hammer:

So proud of her, she has come so far, so fast and has so much more potential to be a really great fencer :clap:

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5de2.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5de2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 90

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bronze at this event is something to cherish. Congrats to you both.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations to both of you!
Bronze at this event is something to cherish. Congrats to you both.
She is the one who did all the hard work. She's on her way home now to a hero's welcome at the school tomorrow. Announcements are already written :smile:

I'm handing her off to a new coach in a week or two. He's been a 'guest coach' at my school 2 or 3 times each year and fences/coaches at a club in Chicago. He is also one of the top American fencers and fences for TeamUSA in international competitions. This year he's been to Italy and Poland for World Cup events. I've made arrangements for Lexi to car pool up to his club on Saturdays with 2 other fencers that are a still going to be fencing in high school next year. Hoping to see miracles, or at least dramatic improvements in all 3. All 3 have huge potential.