• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Good Morning thread

Leni

It's going to be cooler today. Woke up to 60 and dew on my car. It should get up to 69 with partial clouds. They are talking about the possibility of rain tonight and tomorrow. Doesn't look like that right now though.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning all ! 16 going to 28 ,very small chance of snow . Looks like the weekend here is going to be a rainy one ,so I've got a few things to get done today . Enjoy your day . Stay safe ,happy ,and warm .

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning is long gone and afternoon is here. Still working on the cabinet painting job, and have one section complete. Also have the endcaps of the base cabinets, three sides of the island & all quarter round molding primed, and 2 coats of finish paint. Also have all the upper cabinet doors down, washed with trisodium phosphate, and ready for paint in the basement. Washed down the upper cabs with TSM as well. Pretty greasy around the stove & microwave, but it all came off down to the original finish.

Attachments

• 112114-1.jpg
    112114-1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 112114-2.jpg
    112114-2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 130

Leni

No rain last night but it was pouring up north in Oakland. Today we have more Santa Ana winds. I've got to disconnect the computer and take it in for service. I'm sure that it has caught a virus. I'll hook up my laptop so I'll still be in touch.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mrs. Zoom was looking over my shoulder and said she normally doesn't like painted cabinets but yours look nice.

She also complimented you on your purse. :gay: :loser:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Mrs. Zoom was looking over my shoulder and said she normally doesn't like painted cabinets but yours look nice.

She also complimented you on your purse. :gay: :loser:
I don't normally like painted either, but these are turning out nice. Everything i primed with Kilz then two finish coats of Glidden semi-gloss for woodwork.

That's just one of my work purses. When I get all gussied up, I pull out one of my Coach pursed to match my outfit. :gay::gay::gay::yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No rain last night but it was pouring up north in Oakland. Today we have more Santa Ana winds. I've got to disconnect the computer and take it in for service. I'm sure that it has caught a virus. I'll hook up my laptop so I'll still be in touch.
Good luck with it Leni.
What anti virus do you use? Does it cover adware too. Many time the adware sneaks by the anti virus. Have them insall malwarebytes or something along that line if you need adware protection.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't normally like painted either, but these are turning out nice. Everything i primed with Kilz then two finish coats of Glidden semi-gloss for woodwork.

That's just one of my work purses. When I get all gussied up, I pull out one of my Coach pursed to match my outfit. :gay::gay::gay::yum:
And I suspect you have some fancy heels to match. :yum: :yum:

Leni

It took me a while but I figured out how to get onto the internet with my laptop. I hooked it up to the cable but nothing happened. Tried internet explorer and that didn't work either. Then I tried Google Chrome and I was on. It's very slow but at least it works. As a non-geek I am very proud of myself for figuring it out. :clap: :yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my 1 nurse took me shopping. then i went & got a few drafts, returned here, & made a dinner, of sorts. may head there again later, when there is less noise. i'll dial 1 bartender to see if they've quieted as of yet. otherwise, i'll get 1 of my television remotes & put on a show or a movie.
i hafta look through ads, so as to be ready fer black friday. i better begin carb-loading now 4 that one.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Good morning everyone....Jev you will regret all that white when the Grand kids get their hands on it...but it will throw in much more light.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning everyone....Jev you will regret all that white when the Grand kids get their hands on it...but it will throw in much more light.
That's why the semi-gloss paint. Fingerprints are easy to clean without hurting the finish.

Made some headway yesterday, and worked till 7 last night. The upper cabs & casement window are all primed, as are the pantry & laundry doorways. They will both get new 6-panel doors. The upper doors are finished on the inside, and have the face sides primed and ready for finish paint. Gonna try to get the first finish coat on the doors before me & Mrs JEV head to the mall for 3-4 mile walk. Haven't walked since Tuesday, but I've been moving all day with this kitchen project.

Attachments

• DSC_0183.jpg
    DSC_0183.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0181.jpg
    DSC_0181.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0180.jpg
    DSC_0180.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 111

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning!
Looks like we're going to see warmer temps for a few days, with some rain.
I'll take it!
This is my weekend to work, came home last night absolutely beat and spent very little time on the internet.

You all have a wonderful day. :flowers:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning. Well. Afternoon now. The missus and I are just down at the library doing family research on ancestry.com. managed to trace some family back to the 1600's when they came over from France. Also some from Switzerland and Wales. Interesting stuff.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't work to hard PG.

That is pretty cool stuff Brian. I've only gotten back to the 1800's and then things got to confusing for my simple mind. If / when I retire I should have more time to dig into stuff like that.

Today, again, I'm on basement duty (game room, basement bed rooms). It all needs a good cleaning / rearranging top to bottom. We've stashed stuff down there over the past few months (old bedroom furniture, computers galore w/ parts, tables and bar stools that were replaced ... etc etc ) and now have to get it in decent order so we are ready for a turkey day party. This is the price I pay for procrastinating. If it weren't for the last minute nothing would done at all. :yum:

Leni

I'll be doing the usual housekeeping things that need to be done every day. After that it is FOOTBALL and knitting while I watch.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went and picked up 10 bags of coal for the greenhouse. Won't need it or much wood for a few days as the big warm up is underway. Laid around watching football most of the day.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning + an hour (ish). Done working for the day and gonna relax by making some bread, macaroni salad and a slab of ribs for dinner. Upper cabinets & doors completed and hung this morning, as well as two door openings & jambs. Just the lowers do and I'll be done. While it might not look like it, I'm only half way done. Still have 12 doors and 14 drawer fronts to go. I'll get started on those Monday morning.

Attachments

• 112114-5.jpg
    112114-5.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 112114-6.jpg
    112114-6.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 84

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Jev i must admit being a lover of pine and natural wood it has amazed me....i did think it would look to clinical but it does look modern and fresh....it really does work.

I think the black up to the white was the winning factor.....great job sir.:tiphat::tiphat::thumb:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning guys ! What's shaking with you all ? Me? I'm tending the stove ( it's a toasty 11* outside ,74* inside .) ,and tweaking a few chains for some neighbors . Later ,the Labs and I are going for a stroll in the snow . Life is great ! Hope younall have a great and safe day .

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Morning guys ! What's shaking with you all ? Me? I'm tending the stove ( it's a toasty 11* outside ,74* inside .) ,and tweaking a few chains for some neighbors . Later ,the Labs and I are going for a stroll in the snow . Life is great ! Hope younall have a great and safe day .

Right back at you Nixon! 0F out, about 72F in here. Wife is working, I'm playing. Damn straight life is great. Going down to -25 / -30 below tonight.

Take care buddy.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Morning folks, it's a toasty 8° outside right now and about 65° in the apartment. (I have to cover the air conditioner one of these days.) I made pancakes for breakfast and I have meals on wheels to do today. Not much else is going on so far. :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Almost lunch time here now but still a balmy -45C windchill outside. I'm at home this morning with a sick child. I had the same flu sunday night and spent the night on the toilet.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
waiting on my guy. & dinner. I'm kind of hankering fer food. i cleaned earlier; lazy kinda afternoon.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you folks suffering through the Flu feel better quickly . Seems like a particularly evil strain going around this year .

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
It's 10F outside with a chill factor of -5F. I'm doing what any reasonable retiree would do under these circumstances:
staying inside where it's 68F and hoping for the balmy upper 20's tomorrow so my contractor can go back to work on our new
back stoop.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
A good Thursday morning to you all ! Currently a toasty 0 * going to a tropical 14* with a pretty stiff breeze and sunny . Probably finish my pinacollada ,change out of my beach gear and go get some E0 to feed the saws and some off road diesel for the tractor . How 'bout you fine folks ? At any rate ,I hope you all have a great day !

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Temp is still falling, I still have to cover the A/C, but it is warm in the apartment. Not doing much today as meals on wheels have been cancelled because two of the sites that prepare the food are shut down do to no heat. So all I have to do is laundry. :w00t2:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It is a good morning. Alive & kicking. -29.3 here on the hill this morning @ 0730. Cold enough for me I'll tell you. :big grin: