• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Good Morning thread

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good afternoon, everyone.

It's 23 degrees here and sunny.
We got about 2.5" of snow - whew!
Thought for sure it would be the 5 that was predicted.
Looks like we're in for a week of frigid single digits some nights.

Galvi, I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping already :smile:
Started it last month.

Leni

We've had Santa Ana winds yesterday and today. Winds are 20 to 30 MPH and the humidity is 6%. There are times where it is 0%. We are on fire alert. The temperature should go to the mid 70's. Perfect weather for a fire bug.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw a report on 60 minutes last night where with the on going drought in California they are hitting the ground water rather hard and getting low on ground water. They showed that a number of places on the planet are having similar issues. We have plenty of salt water, next must come a way to make use of all that ocean water.

On another note I saw somewhere that somewhere in EU they have invented a car that runs on saltwater. :eek: I'll believe that when I see it.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'll say good afternoon, a pleasant 31° and cloudy. Snow showers expected thru Friday. We had slushy snow fall last night, just enough to cover the grassy parts of the world.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning all ! Well , it's Tuesday and I think my thermometer is broked . The thing only says 11 ! :bitterColLooks
The foreguess call for a high of 18 and windy . Nothing needs done outside around here ,and that's fine with me . Gonna go by the saw shop today . He's getting in a 3120XP . Should be about the size of a rural mailbox and weigh 25 pounds without bar and chain . That's all that's on my agenda . How about you folks ?
Have a great day . Stay safe and warm .

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Good morning,sunny and dry with no breeze, 9c and the garden needs the leaves raked up so i will leave a note for my wife:yum::yum::yum:

Have a great day.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning John & all. 16 here. brrrr supposed to get up to 22. :wow: Heat wave. :yum:
25 pounds? That's one heavy saw John. What size wood does one cut with a saw that size? Seems that would wear a person out quick lugging that heavy of a saw around.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
"mornin all. this pretty much tells the story of the next few days. Put another log on the fire kind of day. No work today, so I'll be studying for my Amateur Extra license exam.

1612802193_3895184528001_20141117100500myerse-vbmyerse-still.jpg

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning John & all.
25 pounds? That's one heavy saw John. What size wood does one cut with a saw that size? Seems that would wear a person out quick lugging that heavy of a saw around.

Yep ! add a long bar + chain and they get real nose heavy as well .
You don't see them on the East coast very often except in Chainsaw mills . The 3120XP and the Stihl MS 880are in the 120cc displacement range,and will pull a 5ft bar very well . My 395XP with a 36" bar is all than I can stand for a couple of hours .

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning all. It didn't get to 0 last night we are now at 3 deg...

Nixon I need to replace the stolen MS 390.. Any suggestions, maybe something like your 395XP? I suppose it would be some what comparable?

Thanks, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn cold this morning. We are at 9 with a wind chill of -11. I see the front shrubs blowing back and forth and it makes it hard to get enthused about going out in it. Glad I fired up the coal stove in the big greenhouse yesterday. Have some doctor runs and a few scripts to pick up later today.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Well, it's a balmy 13° out this morning with clear skies, although we will get flurries off and on all day and for the rest of the week.

So good morning all and WAKE UP! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGnZxcS7VKA"]"First Call"/"Reveille" - YouTube[/ame]

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning all. It didn't get to 0 last night we are now at 3 deg...

Nixon I need to replace the stolen MS 390.. Any suggestions, maybe something like your 395XP? I suppose it would be some what comparable?

Thanks, Kirk

Kirk, It depends on what you want to spend ,who is your best choice of dealer ,and what saw feels best in your hands .
For Me in the MS 390 Displacement range it would be :
Stihl ...... MS362( 60cc ,MS441( 70cc) ,MS461 (75cc)
Husqvarna ..... 562XP(60cc) ,372XP (70cc)
the 395XP is a 95cc saw it is an old school heavy saw . (outboard clutch ,front chain adjuster ) if you want something in the 80+cc range , the 390XP is only a bit heavier than the 372 .
Seems like You got good service out of the MS390. So ,I think you'd be over the moon with the MS441 M Tronic .(nocarb adjustments needed ,it's controlled by a microprocessor .very reliable. )

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Hump Day ! 11 going to 31 ,snow and wind in the forecast . Haven't made an attack plan for today yet . Whatcha all got planned ? Whatever it is ,stay safe ,warm ,and happy !
John

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Same shit...different day...at least for the weather. Cold & breezy.

Made a veggie & cheese omelet with rye toast for breakfast, and getting ready for a day of painting cabinet doors. DW picked a color (Alabaster SW-7008), so I need to go buy a gallon of it after my shower.

Have the kind of day that makes ya happy, y'all.:flowers:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We're on the back side of it toay, and it is 23 here this AM..

Nasty cold blast for sure. Hold on to your petunians, it will be over in a day or two.

Very strong winds here today though..

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
17° this morning with snow on it's way, of course they have been saying that for a couple of days now and all we had is snow flurries. Sunday back in the 50's.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
OOPS I forgot..........

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGnZxcS7VKA"]"First Call"/"Reveille" - YouTube[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was 16 here when I headed into work at 5:30am. Supposed to make it up to 38 today. I'm hoping it gets there soon. Same ol same ol workday for me. At least it is HUMP day. :D

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my clock began beepin' at 8:30. was kinda certain i have not got an appointment or an engagement, so after hittin' my snooze button several times, woke to check my calendar & appointment cards, found i've not got one.
so, now i'm having a few to return to snooze. judge not--
i've got insomnia.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning, everyone.
It's not as cold as yesterday.
Snowing lightly @24 degrees.

I am working this afternoon.
Hope today goes better than yesterday did.

Galvatron

Good morning campers,doing the school run and then it's a total free day to slack off.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Plugged my skid steer in last night so it will start. Will move several buckets full of slab wood over to the boiler. Been going through the split wood during this cold snap. We might get up close to 30 today and a warm up for the weekend to 50's by Monday.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I got two coats of Kilz oil base primer on the cabinet shells yesterday, as well as the doors & drawer fronts. Will be working on finish coats today. I have a long way to go....

MyKitchen.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 75

Galvatron

Your doing a damn good job Jev....i love doing them jobs but sadly these days my customers prefer flat pack re-install rather than bringing new life in to their homes with what exists.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
7 deg here and calm winds..

Supposed to warm today and through the weekend. Will be firing up the burners on the corn drying bins today for a 2 to 3 day burn. Any one want to pick up my LP bill???:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning all ! 22 headed to a tropical 26 ,stiff winds and a chance of snow later . Take that East Anglia University ,Micheal Mann ,And ManBearPig ! Got a couple of new chains from the saw shop to test out . They're from a manufacturer in Japan . I have some well frozen skidded Locust that should tell the tale . Other than that , nada .
You all stay safe and warm today .
And, Kirk , I'll pass on your offer ! :tiphat:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Picking up my Kitchen-Aid tilt head mixer today. I am getting the artisan. I can't wait to try it out. I have wanted one for some time now and never sprung for the bucks. Today is the day! The 20% off coupon expires at midnight. :biggrin:

Oddly, I have had the meat grinder attachment for it for some time now. Found one at a garage sale for 5 bucks and could not pass. Still new, in the box. It is the older style with the wooden plunger and separate wrench but will fit on that front PTO on the mixer.

Now if only I could find as good a deal on the Kitchen Aid food processor attachment. Those are expensive!! :biggrin:

Cheers.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
25° here and snowy. We got about 3 inches where I live, not much coming today and by Sunday it'll be about 50°

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
hello hello and good morning!

It's sunny, windy and 26 degrees here.

Had a rough night tossing and turning with the restless leg thing :hammer: .. so had the pleasure of jumping back in bed for some more sleepies!

This is supposed to be my day off, but it's also our annual Thanksgiving dinner mega-crazy day where I work.

Sure hope they don't call and ask me to come in and volunteer.