• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I had 4 winning lottery numbers. Unfortunately they were not on the same ticket. LOL

I'm going to the gym in a few minutes. This afternoon I'm going to Barley's Bar in Council Bluffs for a Trump gathering for the upcoming election to see who wants to volunteer for what....phone calls, distributing signs, etc. The organizer is a young lady who works for President Trump is a Veteran and a gun nut, so it should all go well.

All I have ever won is enough money to buy another losing ticket.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cathy is starting her trip home from Connecticut today. She will be home in about 24 hours. So as of this time today I have about 23 hours to clean up the mess made in her absence.

Vacuum the floors
Mop kitchen
Wipe down the bathrooms,
Assuming I can find them throughout the house, do the dishes
Make sure all the potty seats are down.

I'll need to set aside 1/2 hour of that allotted time to get yellow roses on the bedstand so she won't notice what I missed till morning.

Bannedjoe

Finished the West side Thursday, installed gutter on both sides yesterday, and spent today cleaning up the worksite.
Even though this was the second one, it actually took a little longer because it presented different solutions to find.

(I recently heard someone say, "There are no problems, just opportunities for solutions.") I'm keeping it.

Half the place has its first coat of paint, and the other half is still primer.
Fortunately, they are the exact same color.
The wife will probably continue with the same theme used on the older half, and when the addition is done being painted, she'll probably redo the other.
Lord knows she bought enough paint.
(Check the price of Sherwin Williams stock, just to see)

The next project: the floor, and I'm dreading it.
I'll most likely have to hire some pros. I don't think I possess the skills to pour 1300 sqft of mud.

Attachments

• IMG_2538.JPG
    IMG_2538.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2539.JPG
    IMG_2539.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 66

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Finished the West side Thursday, installed gutter on both sides yesterday, and spent today cleaning up the worksite.
Even though this was the second one, it actually took a little longer because it presented different solutions to find.

(I recently heard someone say, "There are no problems, just opportunities for solutions.") I'm keeping it.

Half the place has its first coat of paint, and the other half is still primer.
Fortunately, they are the exact same color.
The wife will probably continue with the same theme used on the older half, and when the addition is done being painted, she'll probably redo the other.
Lord knows she bought enough paint.
(Check the price of Sherwin Williams stock, just to see)

The next project: the floor, and I'm dreading it.
I'll most likely have to hire some pros. I don't think I possess the skills to pour 1300 sqft of mud.

Are you going to do a floor covering for the final floor or nowadays they can color and stamp the concrete to look like laid stone, brick or just about anything else. Looks great too. I always wanted to do it but haven't had the opportunity.

Bannedjoe

Are you going to do a floor covering for the final floor or nowadays they can color and stamp the concrete to look like laid stone, brick or just about anything else. Looks great too. I always wanted to do it but haven't had the opportunity.

No decisions have been made yet.
I need to get closer on my floor plan, then decide where all the exit plumbing is going to go, get that in, and try to get the earth leveled before I can think about the pour and the finish.

I may/may have not wrote this before, but the original plans for the house was going to be cordwood construction.
What that boils down to, is that the footings needed to be straight, but not so necessarily level.
I had to adjust the blocks going up to get the building level, but the footings inside aren't.
It's going to be a bit tricky.

But right off the top of my head, I think an artificial flagstone floor would be nice.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No decisions have been made yet.
I need to get closer on my floor plan, then decide where all the exit plumbing is going to go, get that in, and try to get the earth leveled before I can think about the pour and the finish.

I may/may have not wrote this before, but the original plans for the house was going to be cordwood construction.
What that boils down to, is that the footings needed to be straight, but not so necessarily level.
I had to adjust the blocks going up to get the building level, but the footings inside aren't.
It's going to be a bit tricky.

But right off the top of my head, I think an artificial flagstone floor would be nice.

That would make sense.

I used to do flat work. Driveways and such.

Once I did 36 yards at 6" for a house in IOWA. I hand floated the entire piece. Damn near lost use of my arms in the process. I couldn't pickup a coffee cup or a beer for days.

Poured my 18' X12''X 12" front porch a few years ago as well as my 14' X 24'X 12" rear porch. Both on a 36"00fFrost wall I excavated, formed and poured as well. Flatwork is one of the few jobs that requires 99% back and 1% brain. I qualify.

However,

At 73 I'm 29 years longer in tooth now so;;;;;
I'm pouring 16' X 30'X 6" driveway next month. I contracted it out.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dasha is back home. Met her Boston coach yesterday as he drove westward with her while I was driving eastbound. Original plan was to meet in Erie, PA. But they were running 1.5 hours ahead of schedule while I was about 45 minutes ahead of schedule so we ended up meeting just outside of Cleveland.

Worked out great for me. Left the house at 6:45am. Planned to be home about 11pm last night. But ended up back home just before 8pm so we had a late, light dinner and a high school graduation party for Dasha, giving her some of the items she needs for her upcoming dorm room when she starts at Notre Dame in early August.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.26.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.26.21 AM.png
    508.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.26.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.26.38 AM.png
    476.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.26.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.26.00 AM.png
    370.5 KB · Views: 54

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's wonderful Bob.
What did she think of the baby?

I'm up pumping caffeine into my body.
Why, I don't know.
I'm off for two days now, and very thankful for it.
Plans today.. grocery shopping in a freaking mask.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
She loved the baby!

Caffeine is a good thing, I usually have 2 to 3 straight espressos in the morning. Up early with the baby, as he needed a bottle at 4:15am. He is, of course, fast asleep, I am now watching the morning news.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, The work cabin trip went well. There is 2 types of dirt up there, loose dirt with rocks or hard pan. I got lucky with the loose dirt and rocks this time. I got the 1-1/2" PVC I am using for conduit and the cable installed in a 6" trench, snaking around the rocks to big to move. The cable goes from the cabin to where the power container will sit about 100' away. I put about 5 hours a day on it. The next trip I will dig under the cabin foundation and run it the rest of the way to the braker panel, I think I will wait until everything is hooked up to bury it, just in case I want to change something. Friday we had home made pizza we made at home, then Saturday I went to the butcher shop downtown Susanville and got a couple nice ribeye for the BBQ. The little boy earned his keep guarding the steaks while cooking. I got so focused on eating it I forgot to take a picture until it was 1/2 gone.:clap:

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 53

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've shared recently that our nurse scheduler Roberta, is battling breast cancer.
Chemo is going as expected with the usual side effects.
She's still going into the office for a few hours during the week.
She is now bald from the chemo.
When she went home last night, her hubby Brian was sitting in the livingroom with a hat on.
She said, what's up with the hat?
He shaved his head! Lol

He's an awesome guy.
She's a wonderful person.
:smile:

20200727_103324.jpg

20200727_103219.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
It's GREAT that Roberta's husband is so supportive! I hope she makes it through this as well as possible.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's GREAT that Roberta's husband is so supportive! I hope she makes it through this as well as possible.

He rocks!
We're all supporting that entire family big time.
Even had "team bert" tshirts made.
Sorry for the fuzzy one.
It's difficult to take a back selfie in the bathroom mirror.

20200727_112605.jpg

20200727_112431.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
WOW! I admire your team's loyalty and support for one another! Keep up the good work!!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Back down to the shop this morning, finished welding the attachment brackets to all 6 frames, next drill holes to mount the solar panels and paint them. Then the job moves to mounting them on top the container.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 46

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back home from camp after a full day of construction in 38 celcius humidity yesterday.

Mowed the lawn when I got home.

Moved a dump box full of gravel with the side by side. The driveway tends to wash out when we get a big dump of rain. It drops about 10 feet over the span of 50 feet going up to the main entrance. Eventually I plan on spreading some crushed rock on that section to help hold it together and help with drainage.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife was supposed to be home from CT tonight. She hit a big rain squall near Toledo Ohio and developed engine trouble. Running rough. She is at a hotel in Fremont. I think that is fairly near Pirate Girl.

I betting it is water in the intake, a bad MAF or perhaps just well soaked distributor wires.

I have found that Cathy can endure any crisis so long as her credit cards work. But,,,,

I may well have to go rescue her in the morning. 8 hours there and 8 more back. But most likely that is why she keeps me around. A man should have purpose right?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're a good hubby, Francis.
Fremont is an hour from where I am.

Today?
I've got some cleaning and laundry to do, now that I finally feel like doing it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today, I drilled all the holes in the frames to mount the panels to them, 14 holes per panel =84 holes thru both sides. Later today I am going to get the paint and paint them tomorrow. One step closer to getting it on the mountain.

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1031.jpg
    IMG_1031.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 83

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You're a good hubby, Francis.
Fremont is an hour from where I am.

Today?
I've got some cleaning and laundry to do, now that I finally feel like doing it.

Glad to hear you are feeling better PG.:clap:

Turns out it was a coil pack failure on one cylinder. A couple of hours in the waiting room of the shop and she is on her way home.

Whew!

Thanks for the comments guys.:applause:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to hear you are feeling better PG.:clap:

Turns out it was a coil pack failure on one cylinder. A couple of hours in the waiting room of the shop and she is on her way home.

Whew!

Thanks for the comments guys.:applause:
Thank you dear, and thank God your Lady is on her way home safely!
:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just a bunch of errands in the city this morning going to 3 different places for more wood for camp then physio. Dump run this afternoon. Of course I got soaked when the skies opened up just as I got to the dump. After the dump run, I figured since the trailer is on and empty I'd try one more place for a few 2x4s I couldn't find earlier. They had some.

After picking up the wood I headed to the garage to build a small 4x5 section of deck to sit outside the shower house at camp. I also picked up wood to redo a 16 foot section of fence at camp. So that'll be tomorrow's task. Head to camp and install the deck section and take out the old fence section to rebuild it.

We have friends coming for supper tonight. Well, it's her friend and her new man(this week). Two weeks ago she was all in love and engaged to another guy. A month before that, it was another guy. I told my wife I was going to give her friend a quarter to place between her knees so she doesn't keep jumping from guy to guy.

Anyways, that's today's excitement.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm working noon to midnight today.
There won't be any maskdebating, maskdebating, maskdebating...
:dizzy: :mrgreen:

But seriously tho..
You all have a good day.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.