• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcats available

I've seen that Bombardier Muskeg w/Backhoe listed for sale for years - long before I bought my J5 - when I first saw it listed, the price was very reasonable - then saw it for sale a short time later at a very inflated price - the price it's listed at now seems to be a bit more realistic - I wonder what the story behind it is?

Last edited:

MtnMann

I’m only listing that for the owner. I’ve had it on the site for years at the same price. I think it’s a good machine but I haven’t seen it in person.

I’m only listing that for the owner. I’ve had it on the site for years at the same price. I think it’s a good machine but I haven’t seen it in person.

the time I first saw it listed I considered buying it, thinking I could use it as a multi-use machine, but when the price shot up, I gave up that idea - I've since learned that while most multi-purpose machines are capable of doing several jobs, none of the jobs they can do are done as well as a purpose built machine - just because it has tracks doesn't mean it makes a good groomer in heavy snow conditions - just because it has tracks and a blade doesn't mean it can push out stumps of any size, etc - I'm happy now that I bought my Tucker 1344 because it's the perfect groomer for me, and I hire a real dozer to push out any stumps I want removed

MtnMann

You are SO right on that. Snowcats are definitely not all the same. That's one thing I help people with - finding the right cat for their needs. I learned the hard way!

You are SO right on that. Snowcats are definitely not all the same. That's one thing I help people with - finding the right cat for their needs. I learned the hard way!

I have a 12' right of way cut through my little forest, with some sharp, or sharp and twisting corners - with the tucker I can snake through the corners pulling an 8' wide drag in heavy snow conditions, making an excellent and exciting sled dog trail - with the J5 or the snotrac I had, they couldn't navigate the corners when the drag piled up with snow - I had to stop and shovel snow off the drag before I could proceed, and it invariably left a big bump in the sharpest corners, something you DON'T want when driving a high speed sprint team - lol - I tried a ram steer set up on the groomer, still without much success with the two track machines

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, it is hard to beat a four track Tucker which will pull as hard in the turns as it does in the straight. Plus the full length of the tracks are making contact. You dun broke the code.