• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost one of 4 legged kids

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Built a memorial marker today for one of our cats that lost the battle with cancer . He was a special part of our family. He will and is greatly missed leaving a hole in both my wife and my hearts, Rest Easy David we will always Love You Boy !

Attachments

• 20170731_160510.jpg
    20170731_160510.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 20170728_160108.jpg
    20170728_160108.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 156

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I know he was a big part of your family.

Jim

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jim, It sure is funny how attached you become to these furry little creatures. At least he is in no pain now, hard to see them suffer.:sad:

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Catavenger, Thank You. We were always dog people before our dog died and a stray cat befriended him. Then he the cat got lukemia and the day we had to put the cat down he brought home his pregnant girlfriend , so we had mom cat and five kittens. David was one of the 5 kittens. We still have 4 more cats left and love each and everyone of their cute personalitys. These cats are very kind and hold your hand and give you kisses, sounds strange but i believe how you treat animals are how they treat you in return.:smile:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a dog person but have a secret affinity to cats, or maybe they just like me? Not sure but I do know the pain of losing a loved pet and my heart goes out to your family. Its never easy to lose one, and while non-pet people say things like "its just a ..." they truly don't understand that these are actually members of the family.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for your loss. :(

We have a long hair tortoise shell one that is my wife's baby. We got her in Nov 2004. So she is just one year behind David James....and she is having health issues over the past few months. Sure has my wife and I worried. Like you said they are one of the family ...our kids are grown and gone so the 4 legged ones are the only ones we take care of daily.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a dog person but have a secret affinity to cats, or maybe they just like me? Not sure but I do know the pain of losing a loved pet and my heart goes out to your family. Its never easy to lose one, and while non-pet people say things like "its just a ..." they truly don't understand that these are actually members of the family.

Melensdad, Thanks for your sympathy, it is greatly appreciated. We all take things af different levels , and yes they are truly members of our family, as we have never had kids. But have been blessed with 30 neice and nephews.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Doc. I guess I didnt think that animals have all the same medical issues that we humans have. Our poor cat had a tumor the size of my hand along with two or three smaller tumors. Had we known that we may have been able to minimize his suffering sooner. Always hard to see them go but the pain for him is over. Time to remember all the good times and move on. Best wishes with your cat .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I sure do know how you feel.
Lost my Dachshund, Gretchen last winter and thought I'd completely fall to pieces.
Well, I did for a while actually. 14 years is a long time to have a fur baby.

There is no doubt in my mind that you gave David James the best of everything possible :smile:

I also have a cat now and never thought I would.
He's a dandy!