• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1963 SnowCat Frandee Snoshu Model B EBAY

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...956000&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Frandee Snoshu Expermental SnowCat
I aquired this snow cat as a restoration project a couple of years ago. I just haven't had the time to work on it. I would rather sell than just have it sit around.
I was told by the guy I purchased this from that it was built in 1963 but couldn't find anything to comfirm this. This is one of the origional expermental snow cats built by the Utah Scientific Research Founation. Thiokol corporation later aquired the patents and went into production. There is a brass plate on the dashbord with the following information:
Utah Scientific Research Foundation
Logan Utah
In Affililiation with
Utah State Agricultural College
Patents Pending
Frandee Snoshu Expermental
Model No. B Serial No. 7

The guy I purchased it from thought thast it had a bad rear differential because he tried to take off with it one dayand the drive shaft yoke broke. I determined that the rear brakes had beenadjusted up too tight and completely locked up. I went ahead andadjusted the brakes correctly and repaired the drive shaft. I also had to replace the rear drive tires and repair several leaky tires. I made necessary repairs to make it operational again but have not had it out in the snow yet. Below is what I observed and still needs to be done.
  • Some of the wooden cleats will need to be replaced. Rubber track appears to be in good shape.
  • Tires all have good tread but some are weather cracked.
  • Running gear is good and solid
  • Exhaust has some leaks.
  • Cab is in good shape but will need some work withthe pop rivits and repainted.
  • Unit has small break in front windshield.
  • Has several plexy glass windows. Some are dull and scratched. Some cracks
  • All latches work good. Has escape hatch on roof.
  • Dent in rear door
  • Engine runs good and has good compressionbut has some leaks.
  • Interior is pretty rough
  • Some gauges\switches missing
  • Front engine side panels are missing and will need to be fabricated.
  • Has seat belts for four peaple in the rear. looks like it could seat 6 to 8 people including driver.
  • Has front and rear heaters. I haven't tested them.
  • Rack on roof is bent
This snow cat is a piece of history. There is no other like it any where in the world since all the expermental models were different. I'm not sure how many of these were built before Thiokol but this is one with a very low serial number.
This snow cat has a Ford 223 6cyl engine. I do have another completely rebuilt engine of the same type in an old Onan generator that I'm scraping out and can sell in a seperate deal if anyone is interested.
I have tried to describe this snow cat as best as I can however; it is sold AS IS. Buyer is responsible for pickup or all shipping expenses. For ebayers looking to ship this item, please use www.uship.com for shipping quotes. I can store for a reasonable amount of time as long as payment in full has been received. I can assist with loading. $500.00 deposit due within 48 hours of auction end. Payment in full must be received within 7 days of auction end unless other arrangements are made. Please feel free to ask any questions before bidding. No Reserve. Thanks for looking.
Search words:
Snow cat, Snowcat, Snocat, Sno Cat, Thiokol, Tucker

jlperryman

Attachments

• !B2-9NUw!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!iYE)qoeq37FBMkk)3vUQQ~~_35.jpg
    !B2-9NUw!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!iYE)qoeq37FBMkk)3vUQQ~~_35.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 918
  • !B2-9Oe!Bmk~$(KGrHqV,!g8E)7wkdMDfBMkk)6NsPQ~~_35.jpg
    !B2-9Oe!Bmk~$(KGrHqV,!g8E)7wkdMDfBMkk)6NsPQ~~_35.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 924
  • !B2-9PiQB2k~$(KGrHqR,!hwE)qgK8E2dBMkk)8bssg~~_35.jpg
    !B2-9PiQB2k~$(KGrHqR,!hwE)qgK8E2dBMkk)8bssg~~_35.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 939
  • !B2-9QvgBWk~$(KGrHqF,!hUE)7wUqUVFBMkk)+!ymg~~_35.jpg
    !B2-9QvgBWk~$(KGrHqF,!hUE)7wUqUVFBMkk)+!ymg~~_35.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 912
  • !B2-9R2!Bmk~$(KGrHqZ,!hQE)72kkjrKBMkkyBQYGQ~~_35.jpg
    !B2-9R2!Bmk~$(KGrHqZ,!hQE)72kkjrKBMkkyBQYGQ~~_35.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 926
  • !B2-9TB!B2k~$(KGrHqJ,!h!E)7)Fip8BBMkkyDfk9g~~_35.jpg
    !B2-9TB!B2k~$(KGrHqJ,!h!E)7)Fip8BBMkkyDfk9g~~_35.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 919

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
As y'all know, this was sold last year for a song....don't recall exactly but somewhere around $1000 or so... Quite the ridiculous starting bid... but he can dream.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
As y'all know, this was sold last year for a song....don't recall exactly but somewhere around $1000 or so... Quite the ridiculous starting bid... but he can dream.

Holy crap Batman, :) looks like mainer has found a way out of the Bat cave
security must be way to lax......ether that or he has befriended Bat girl or is working with the joker. ...............;) Well I have to head off to Paradise. Michigan that is. :whistling:

weatherby

Holy crap Batman, :) looks like mainer has found a way out of the Bat cave
security must be way to lax......ether that or he has befriended Bat girl or is working with the joker. ...............;) Well I have to head off to Paradise. Michigan that is. :whistling:

Now, if I can only get Boggie out of the garage we can get down to some serious bird hunting.:unsure:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
...and another as seen today & yesteryear

Attachments

• 4V_Hist.jpg
    4V_Hist.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 708