• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Its a SNOW DAY here in Indiana!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well we got about a foot of fresh snow in the Chicago area, but the best part is that the snow is still falling here west of Lowell. (we are along the Illinois/Indiana state line, a little bit north east of the city of Kankakee in that white stripe shown on the map)

There is a narrow band of "Lake Effect Snow" that is hitting our little area, its a phenomenon that we get hit with from time to time. Got lucky today so its fires in the fireplaces, snowcat ride, maybe some cross country skiing, and some hot Kaluha & Coffee ... after NOON of course :whistling:

Attachments

• WFLD_Iris_region_wide0.jpeg
    WFLD_Iris_region_wide0.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 303

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got gas (for the snowcat) and diesel (for the tractor) yesterday.

Thanks for the reminder. Jerk!!! :shifty: And to think, I complimented you yesterday. Can I take that back :wink:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We're getting the lake-effect snow here as well. Schools are closed.
We haven't gotten a lot of snow yet but it's going to come down all day and all night.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We only got about 4 inches so far. Will be interesting as the winds get blowing it around later today and tonight. Calling for 7 F for tomorrows high temp with wind chills of 15-20 below. this weekend is shaping up to be mighty cold in most of the country. Got to travel 400 miles for a funeral tomorrow and I think I will skip the suit for long johns and my warm gear.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Thanks for the reminder. Jerk!!! :shifty: And to think, I complimented you yesterday. Can I take that back :wink:

yeah, thats me the Jerk...... way to snappy on the comp. but I will take it and run never had one before. I think Big AL said you don't even need a jug for your kind of gas..............:whistling:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
LOOKS like the "kris-trac" did not start today(still no pictures) should have bought:LMC,Thiokol ,Bombardier,Alltrack,Gyrotrac,Cushman,Flextrack,UTV,Prinoth,Pisten Bully,lame track,Tucker, etc. etc. anything but a snow trac. :yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
LOOKS like the "kris-trac" did not start today(still no pictures) should have bought:LMC,Thiokol ,Bombardier,Alltrack,Gyrotrac,Cushman,Flextrack,UTV,Prinoth,Pisten Bully,lame track,Tucker, etc. etc. anything but a snow trac. :yum:

Well said my friend!!

Its pretty obvious that you both are extremely jealous of Snot Tracs and the "great Kristi SnowCats" :biggrin:. The Snot tracs are a incredible machine :wink:.But the Kristi is even more so as it pulls a broken Snot Track ,pulling a broken Bombi ,pulling a broken Tucker pulling ,a totally broken thiokol to safety . Have a safe motoring day ....:brows::brows: all you lessor brands !!!:yum::yum::yum::flowers:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the reason Bob has not returned our compliments yet is he is still trying to get home with his " kris-trac" hope he took his daughter and her rifle because he maybe will have to bivi and live on road kill till the next kind motorist comes along and gives him a ride back to home. its either that or he is trying to conserve fuel and making all right turns like UPS, wait a minute someone told me he can't make turns in that snowcat only if he goes downhill with a wind at his back:yum: yes Bob I am a jerk. but someone has to be.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Its a SNOW DAY?

SNOW DAY?? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? IN THE LATE 60'S THAT WAS WHEN SCHOOL WAS CANCELLED AND WE 'GOAT-ROPED' MOM INTO DRIVING US TO VERMONT TO GO SKIING!

QUIT COMPLAINING At least it's not BLOWING! (-44 DEGREE Ambient, -67, yeah that's right, 67 Below with the windchill this morning) Time to get back to work!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some Pictures from today's little 50 Mile Ice Road trip:, It's still around 40 below. Actually needed my "Arctic Gear" for the outside work! Usually it just rides around in the truck.
Phase 2 001.jpg

Phase 2 002.jpg

Phase 2A 002.jpg

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
ONE MORE INSPECTION then it's off to the "Chow-Hall". It's a 1000 Bbl a day well, so they are anxious to get it back 'On-Line'.
Phase 2A 003.jpg

Phase 2A 004.jpg

Phase 2A 005.jpg
(3) "RIG Moves" Today so the road system was rather tied up. 3 Million pounds definately get's the Right-of-Way.

benz9

Wow, those pics look better than that peek we got of the north last week on Discovery Channel's "License to Drill". Those snow storms really do fill up the engine compartment of cars and trucks???

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, those pics look better than that peek we got of the north last week on Discovery Channel's "License to Drill". Those snow storms really do fill up the engine compartment of cars and trucks???
i live up in nome about 150 miles south of the arctic circle oan on the coast of the bering sea and our storme are the same when the wind blows yuo learn the value of doors that seal up good because tha snow goes every where and yes more than once i have opned the hood and been un able to see the engine also modern cars with the fresh air intake systems i have seen the air filters and intakes plugged with snow .