• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help Identify these springs

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
I took this photo at SnoTrans. Bill was wondering if anybody knows what they go too? If you get the chance I highly recommend stopping at SNoTrans and browsing their parts yard. They have collected an unbelievable amount of literature on snow cats of all makes! Thanks for the tour and stories. I will be posting some interesting Thiokol pictures and documents Bill entrusted me with shortly.

Attachments

• SnoTrans 012.jpg
    SnoTrans 012.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 211

kgracey

I second the value of visiting Bill's yard. Bill has plenty of experience with lots of machines and he can pretty much point any newbie in the right direction. Last time I visited him I even bought a ticket for a buddy just so he'd come with me.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snow Trac's, Track Master's, & Snow Master's all use a "Spring Inside of a Spring", The inner spring is not easily visable. These would likely be the inner springs. The Inner Spring was also slightly Longer than the outer Coil spring.