• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Heaven

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Don't think I've ever seen that. Saw a prototype similar to that before but not built in the same location as this. Looks like it could be a practical alternative for cabin access, search and rescue, and resort use. Probable a few more uses I can't think of right now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I realize the ice fishing model is specifically designed for that but they also have another model which is the one I was looking at. The website has a pretty good video on it showing the differences between the two models.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The front and rear suspension appears to be a simple oversized snowmobile suspension so parts should be readily available.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Downside is the skis for the front. Not sure how well that would work on rough ground, in the woods when there might be a branch covered in snow, etc. Looks like it would be best on hardpack, snow covered frozen lakes or snow covered fields, roadways, etc.

For some reason I think I recall Pixie posting a link to a machine like this one a year (or 2) ago. Maybe she can recall the make/model.

Attachments

• cwig9.jpg
    cwig9.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 233
  • cwig4.jpg
    cwig4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 231
  • snr11.jpg
    snr11.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 227
  • snr08.jpg
    snr08.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 227
  • snr03.jpg
    snr03.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 236
  • hunterspoint.jpg
    hunterspoint.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 228

bill w

a couple of those were at arctic man a couple years back.they worked fine on the flats,but seemed underpowered when they started climbing anything even relatively steep.deep powder was a no-no with it.if i lived close to a big lake to fish maybe,but for the 22000,i'll have something that does it all....or real close....bill w

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Ya... saw one at the Fryeburg Fair a couple of years ago.

Looks like a nice machine for ice fishing in Minnesota. Too wide for personal use on trails in the East.

I want the hovercraft in the picture !!!!!