• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The search continues - please PM me!

The Sweet Wbj1

I wonder how long I will have to look to find the machine I want....... I hope that if you guys run across one you would PM me!

1644 low hours with a blade!

or maybe any hours and I'll just take the blade off.....

undy

I wonder how long I will have to look to find the machine I want.......
Me too. :unsure: I certainly wish you the best of luck in your search, but I'll offer a word of advice I was told once when buying an old truck, about being in a rush to buy something:

When you decide to buy something you want three things: you want a good one, at a cheap price, and you want it now. All three are important, but the trouble is, you can only choose two of those qualities.
You can get a good one now, but it'll cost.
You can buy one a cheap one now, but it probably won't be a good one.
But to buy a good one, and get it inexpensively, it may well take some time...

Think about it. It's true. Your posts convey a sense of urgency. Apparently, a SnoCat with a blade is a rare bird indeed. To find a decent one at a reasonable price you may be waiting for a LONG time.

Perhaps it makes more sense to purchase a good quality cat that fits your needs and budget (but lacks the blade) and have someone fabricate a blade to fit it? I'd think you could at least get the dimensions and plans for an original blade from someone here on the forum. Obviously, cost would be a concern, but it might not be out of line and you might be able to obtain something sooner.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Me too. :unsure: I certainly wish you the best of luck in your search, but I'll offer a word of advice I was told once when buying an old truck, about being in a rush to buy something:

When you decide to buy something you want three things: you want a good one, at a cheap price, and you want it now. All three are important, but the trouble is, you can only choose two of those qualities.
You can get a good one now, but it'll cost.
You can buy one a cheap one now, but it probably won't be a good one.
But to buy a good one, and get it inexpensively, it may well take some time...

Think about it. It's true. Your posts convey a sense of urgency. Apparently, a SnoCat with a blade is a rare bird indeed. To find a decent one at a reasonable price you may be waiting for a LONG time.

Perhaps it makes more sense to purchase a good quality cat that fits your needs and budget (but lacks the blade) and have someone fabricate a blade to fit it? I'd think you could at least get the dimensions and plans for an original blade from someone here on the forum. Obviously, cost would be a concern, but it might not be out of line and you might be able to obtain something sooner.

Excellent advice Paul!:biggrin:

Especially the three wants part. Sooo very true.

Regards, Kirk

undy

Hi Kirk!

It was all part of the learning curve.

I also forgot to add that the more urgent one comes off in one's search, the higher the asking price sometimes goes. Some guys see opportunity and extra cash, rather than just a willing buyer.

Cheers,
Paul

The Sweet Wbj1

I would like to have one before Christmas. Going to take the kids to the cabin for Christmas this year. I have talked to a handful of people about having a blade fabricated and it would have to be a last resort. Definitely not simple. I would not convey a sense of urgency to the seller, just hoping that if someone around here finds one they would pm me directly first instead of just posting it up.

undy

That seems like a fair time-frame for a search.

Blades of various makes are fairly often sold, so it might be simplest to buy a blade and make it fit the Tucker. Mounting frames don't seem as hard to build as the blade itself, IMHO.

Now I'm back to sitting on the sidelines watching your hunt. :whistling: Good hunting!! :beer:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I too am enjoying your hunt. the amount of machines your finding for sale is amazing.... (keep them coming, BTW)

Assumption that you have not owned any cat yet here:
The only other thing I can think to add to Undy's spot on advice is that sometimes owning any machine and or spending a few minutes operating one to get acquainted to the platform might be wise.

Around here it would be very easy to find someone to fabricate (copy) a blade and or a cab extension to make a machine the way you desire it. with that said, there are many model 2000 tuckers for sale that have blades and all you would need to do would be relocate the fuel tank and add a section to the cab. there are some build threads on the forum that i reviewed while i was evaluating the merits of tuckers. turns out i did not care for the drive line gyrations of the tucker and moved on to another platform. I do miss that machine. but not to the extent of making that model THE cat for our family.

Carry on, I have found the hunt to be as exciting and owning....

The Sweet Wbj1

Yes sir. Two actually. One I am going to be selling. The other one is not actually in my possession yet, but I hope to have it by this coming Winter.

EDIT: I never could find one with a blade so someone is building a blade for me!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes sir. Two actually. One I am going to be selling. The other one is not actually in my possession yet, but I hope to have it by this coming Winter.

EDIT: I never could find one with a blade so someone is building a blade for me!

photos please and thank you