• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Holy Crap!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting blasted right now with a pretty powerful storm.
Stopped at the store on the way home from work for Nascar Shoot Out and Super Bowl food:yum:.. and bought the usual foods EVERYONE buys during snow storms, (milk, eggs, bread.. lol) the shelves were nearly empty.

There's a fierce wind howling out there, snow coming down like crazy and drifting.
Thank God I've got the next 4 days off!
Wee hee!

eeeeeeeek.jpg

eeeeeeeek2.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Talked to Rusty last night and he already had to shovel to grill burgers! This morning they are saying he is in the area to be slammed the worst by it. And we have not even had a flurry!:yum::yum:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Just remember Galvi's basic rule...only go out if its really needed...stay safe guy's and Girls.

Rusty best check in and let us know he is safe.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When he looked out and could hardly see his white Ford he just closed his eyes and hoped it would go away. I don't envy him living in town with all that snow. At least up here I just shove it off in the field a little farther and the only shoveling is some slush off the porches.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel guilty, I'm in east TX on business and my wife just got home yesterday afternoon from a business trip. She sent iPhone photos this morning ........

1.jpg

Colt is already on the quad plowing and it's still snowing.

2.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up this morning to a bit more than I expected. I'll get some pics when I head out in a little bit.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just talked to friends in southern York county near the Maryland border and they have 26 inches and still coming down and windy. They can keep it all.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's bright and sunny here right now.
The snow is drifted HIGH in some spots and barely anything in others.
That wind was fierce.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpxiCxO5k0g"]Accuweather's Jim Kosek's Freak Out[/ame]

:yum:

WVBill

Still snowing here in the Eastern Panhandle of WV. 12:00 noon Saturday.

Must be at least 28" on the ground. Went out and tried to plow it with my Kubota - here's the result after about 3 hours work.

Came in and quoted the line from Jaws to my wife: "We're going to need a bigger kuboata!"

I'm going to just hunker down for today and then just nibble away at it all day tomorrow. - Really doesn't matter - As far as I can tell the roads haven't been plowed yet so I'd only be able to drive 350' to the end of my driveway!:unsure:
These are taken from my garage.

The white building is my wife's quilting studio about 40' away.

The barn is about 125' away.

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• Studio in 2-6-10 snow3.jpg
    Studio in 2-6-10 snow3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 93
  • barn in 2-6-10 snow3.jpg
    barn in 2-6-10 snow3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 97

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Might as well wait till it stops blowing it around. The winds are really blasting up in Pa. as it is winding down.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
just snapped these through an icy window.. the plowboys are out.. AND better not hit my car :yum:

SN-1 2010-02-06 12-25-23.394.jpg

SN-2 2010-02-06 12-25-55.161.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That does not look too deep. You can see all of the wheels on the truck.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Virginia weather from my front door.

We go years without meaningful snow. This is the third this winter.

Attachments

• Snow 020510 001.JPG
    Snow 020510 001.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 84

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is strange to be setting here looking at bare fields while folks in the south are getting hammered. We had one plowable snow back in October and nothing more than an inch or two at any time since. I don't miss plowing one little bit.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is strange to be setting here looking at bare fields while folks in the south are getting hammered. We had one plowable snow back in October and nothing more than an inch or two at any time since. I don't miss plowing one little bit.
Send me your address, I'll send you a boxful. I've got plenty.
I live in the Richmond area, not the mountains.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
We are supposed to get 6 to inches of this crap starting tomorrow afternoon. Oh.. and the wind is supposed to blow like hell. I am sick of the snow. Froze my damn feet sawing and splitting in the mess that's left from LAST weeks 8 inches. We don't normally get more than one or two really meaningful snows a year, but I think this will be at least the fourth.

rc2james

Site Supporter
What the hell happened to global warming? These winters are starting to remind me of the ones we had when I was little.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
What the hell happened to global warming? These winters are starting to remind me of the ones we had when I was little.

You missed the news? That was all bullshit. Dozens of scientists and other 'experts' got flat busted for faking data to support their incorrect global warming scam. Ole Al Gore is a complete blooming idiot. He was told in no uncertain terms that the data was manufactured yet he still chose to get his fifteen minutes of Hollyweird fame and do his so called 'documentary' about the make believe global warming. Data shows there is actually global cooling!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is 4F right now. Don't think that global warming has set in here yet. Glad I have plenty of wood.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's 12 F here.
Took the dog out a little while ago, and the wind is starting to pick up again.
The roads will be drifting back over.

brazospete

I never SAW it rain like it did in Viet Nam in 69-70! Years later I got into a conversation with a VN refugee and mentioned that fact to him and he said " We never saw it rain like that either until the Americans came! We just thought the Americans were doing it." I think they've learned a lot about Weather Control since then!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
We are supposed to get 6 to inches of this crap starting tomorrow afternoon. Oh.. and the wind is supposed to blow like hell. I am sick of the snow. Froze my damn feet sawing and splitting in the mess that's left from LAST weeks 8 inches. We don't normally get more than one or two really meaningful snows a year, but I think this will be at least the fourth.

Its just now starting here again in the last hour with Ice pellets rback33 . Their sayin another 8 to 10 inches here by tuesday with high winds , Not just the normal 20 to 40 MPH they refer to as breezy :yum: .

Its been a unusuall winter so far around here & dont look like its gonna get any better anytime soon :unsure:. Not near as bad as some of You folks are going through though . Stay safe & warm everybody . Bob