• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big Al

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
I was gone for a while and has been trying to read all the posts Ive missed, just read this one and was shocked...I have always enjoyed his post and I will surely miss them. I only knew him through this forum, but he seemed like a very honest and respected man. RIP

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Remember when we were younger it seemed like every month or so there was a wedding to attend. Now it's funerals. Part of the aging process for sure but it sure doesn't get any easier. I've always believed the the old adage that the good die young.

Sayonara Al.

For the first part of this year I seemed to be attending one funeral per month, sometimes two.

It slowed down during the summer but it seems to be picking up steam again.

The bitchin' thing about getting old is that you start to outlive your friends. I'm down to 3 good friends and a bunch of acquaintances. I can't afford to lose any more so you guys stay healthy.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
fer al--

--a heart of gold stopped beating
2 shining eyes at rest
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best
God knows you had to leave us
But you did not go alone--
For part of us went with You
the day He called You home
To some you are forgotten
To others just the past
But to those that loved & lost you
Your memory will always last'--

-unknown

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if you wrote that or quoted it is quite fitting for him Thanks

i got that via ann landers when I was 11, maybe 12. have remembered that since, & since it was fitting, i posted fer our al. & TY. author was not named then.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So do I Galvi. Miss seeing his witty posts and the friendly banter. I'm sure God had made a special place for him.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Spent a lot of time looking for the obit one night, for some reason did not find it. Thank you for posting. He will always be missed.
'

Umberto

I'm sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman. It looks like we had the same interests and could have easily been friends.

Leni

Thanks for finding the obit. He passed away far too soon.

Does anyone know how his wife is doing?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
he kept complaining about how old he was at 60 he really wasn't all that old he will be missed by me and I'm going to miss the groomer guy krusty jokes

Tommo

SUPER Site Supporter
Shocked by the news of the passing of our beloved BigAl, I joined the forum on 2006 and disappeared for some time but resurfaced 2 weeks ago. When I was active on the ST4 side of life I was always being poked and made fun of by Al and he gave as good has he got! What an awesome fella. I was due (Like many) to travel from the UK to see him whilst taking the opportunity to holiday in the USA.

I miss his wit and banter and the happy and very helpful way he was with us all.

Boy I was looking forward to getting back to the old antics with him once more!

Rest in peace Big man and "keep them cogs a turning"

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shocked by the news of the passing of our beloved BigAl, I joined the forum on 2006 and disappeared for some time but resurfaced 2 weeks ago. When I was active on the ST4 side of life I was always being poked and made fun of by Al and he gave as good has he got! What an awesome fella. I was due (Like many) to travel from the UK to see him whilst taking the opportunity to holiday in the USA.

I miss his wit and banter and the happy and very helpful way he was with us all.

Boy I was looking forward to getting back to the old antics with him once more!

Rest in peace Big man and "keep them cogs a turning"
Well said Tommo!!!.
I still miss the big lug. :(

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow. I came into this forum afraid I would find something like this. I am sitting here in total shock.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. I came into this forum afraid I would find something like this. I am sitting here in total shock.
Guessing you know Cowboy passed also. 6 months or more before Big Al. Rough year all the way around.