• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pneumonia

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
:sad: First our youngest son came down with it about three weeks ago. Started out with a bad deep chest cough. After a few days of listening to him cough, I took the day off work and brought him in to the ER to get checked out. First, let's back this up. He's 5 yrs old. Had breathing problems as a baby and had to take asthma puffers for a year. At the hospital, they gave him a total of 6 pumps with a puffer to break up his chest accompanied by chest xrays with confirmed pneumonia in his lung. He took antibiotics for ten days. He still has a bad cough so he's not out of the woods yet. Taking him in for a follow up xray this week to see wether or not it's cleared up or if he needs another round of antibiotics.

Fast forward to last weds. My wife came down with a high fever that would not break despite dosing her with ibuprophen. Friday evening, I had enough. Another trip to the ER confirmed that she also has pneumonia. They gave her a total of 24 ventolin puffs within an hour plus some prednizone to free up her lungs combined with IV and ibuprophen to break the fever. Chest xrays confirmed she also has pneumonia.

Tonight, our daughter and middle son both came down with a fever. Here's hoping they don't have it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I see that it's pouring in your neck of the woods.

Be careful with that shit. I had pneumonia 3 times as a young kid. It's not a lot of fun. It almost killed me.

We'll be thinking and praying for your family.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Praying for your family to get well. I know what it's like I had it once before and was down for a long time.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Prayers sent.

Hope this is just a temporary issue, and all is well soon!

Regards, Kirk

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Positive thoughts for a speedy recovery,i hate it when children are unwell.

Leni

Hope that they are all well soon. There is such a thing as a pneumonia shot that will protect against one version of pneumonia. You might want to talk to the doctor about it.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Just saw this post.Hope everyone is doing better.Pneumonia isn't something to take lightly. Take care.

K

kcvet

I was in the hospital the last week of Jan with it. thought i was a gonner. never had it before. and i didn't realize it could be fatal. its making the rounds here. including the pulmonologist who treated me !!!