• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Well it is cold down here in South Texas. I just checked and it is 56. Anything below 70 is considered cold. Hang in there guys and gals, spring will be here soon. Have a goodun!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well it is cold down here in South Texas. I just checked and it is 56. Anything below 70 is considered cold. Hang in there guys and gals, spring will be here soon. Have a goodun!!

You're further south than I am. It's in the mid 40s here in East Texas. Damn. that's cold enough. I'm just about over my cold and should hopefully be back to as normal as I can be by next week. I seem to have caught every friggin' bug going around this winter. Shit, I'm tired of it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No minus temps here until next Wednesday, then it's going to be the worst cold snap we've felt around Ohio for quite some time. :unsure:

Right now I'm still alert and buzzing, waiting for the 3am coffee fix to subside.
My plan today is to sleep, whenever that happens. :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Went to a Right to Life Rally at the State Capitol this morning. Cold as hell, but not as cold as a liberal's heart.

I wore my Make Life Great Again ball cap. Yeah, baby, I was stylin'.

The turnout is growing every year. Everyone talking about that. :clap::thumbup:

A hot dog vendor giving free hot dogs to all pregnant women. I left my wig and pillow at home. Damn it. :hammer::yum::th_lmao:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Finished my N Scale Caboose this afternoon. Painted it yesterday, today installed the graphics, window glass and .4 ounces of weight.

She is ready to roll. If I had trackage. :yum:

CV Caboose.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great. I enjoy model railroads. When we get a bigger place and the kids are moved out, I'd like to get a model train.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks great. I enjoy model railroads. When we get a bigger place and the kids are moved out, I'd like to get a model train.

Canadian eh!!!

Thanx. You should be pleased to know the Central Vermont was a subsidiary of Canadian National. Or Canadien National depending on which side of the box car you are looking at. True story. :yum::th_lmao:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of choo-choos, I picked this up yesterday off of CL.
60 bucks

Attachments

• 20190119_171023.jpg
    20190119_171023.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190119_171120.jpg
    20190119_171120.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 29

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to mass this morning.
It snowed again last night, but just an inch or less.
Spent time on Facebook last night having a great time with my brother and other family members exchanging old family photos.
I got two that shocked me.
Daddy as an entry level squid in the canoe club, my brother said it was in the Philippines.
Daddy's the one on the right with the cig in hand.
Then one of all of us kids with Mommy.
Circa 1973.
Wow, the memories.
An old friend commented, you all look pissed.
No, Dad probably said stand still!
Front and center! Lol

20190126_140722.jpg

20190126_151837.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I skipped mass this morning. Hey. I braved the cold yesterday to play the 5pm service. It was a small crowd. I imagine today will be too.

So far I've spent the morning watching the rolex 24 hrs at Daytona. Mostly a $hit show wreckfest in the rain.

It's cold. Warmed up to -31 Celsius. The vehicles aren't happy about it. Blew a power steering hose last night in the Yukon. It's sitting in the driveway till I can get it into a shop. Normally I would change it myself but not in those cold temperatures.

Canadian eh!!!

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I just checked and it is a sunny 70 here. Sorry for you Northern friends. Hang in there, it will warm up there a little later. Have a goodun!!!!!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
uh, -1F here according to my weather station

warms up tomorrow

then drops down to a predicted -15 to -20F on Tuesday/Wednesday

I skipped church service today. After coming home from the fencing tournament yesterday I started having kidney pain (like another kidney stone) so spent much of the night last night awake, drinking fluids, and peeing! Overslept this morning, mild pain but better. I don't think it will be a real problem but it will be a bit of an issue until I'm sure it has passed.

Working on travel plans. Trying to take my Russian girl fencer to San Fransisco to visit the Stanford University campus, meet the fencing team, have an interview with the coach. The fly south to LA to fence in a national event in Anaheim. And at the same time coordinate all that with Melen so that she can fly out and meet us for a couple days in southern California

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy TR,
yep, you got that right. Just sucking up that sun and warmth!! Have a goodun!!!!!!!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Howdy,
I just checked and it is a sunny 70 here. Sorry for you Northern friends. Hang in there, it will warm up there a little later. Have a goodun!!!!!!!

Remember that in the Summer when it's 75 degrees here with a nice breeze and it's hotter than a ten-pecker billy goat there! :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Well, all the busses are cancelled again today because it's -43. I had to drive my wife to work this morning as her vehicle blew a power steering hose in this cold on Saturday. Hopefully I can get it in this morning for repairs.

But in reality, I would rather deal with the cold any day vs tornadoes and hurricanes.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
47F this morning.
-9( by Tuesday. WOW>:hammer:

I'm putting the Bermuda shorts back in the bottom drawer.:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, they're already talking school cancellations for tomorrow because of coming snow (4-6?), then Wednesday the cold burst that's the talk of the town.
Today, I've not a lot to do.
Might go to see the grandies this afternoon.
Maddie asked for Nana yesterday.
Ty let her facetime with me, then she cried when I told her bye bye, see you soon baby.
:cry::wub:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I just tried driving the Yukon to the garage. After boosting it to get it started, I topped up the power steering fluid and attempted to drive to the garage. The pump is seized. Armstrong steering wasn't enough to turn the steering wheel. Waiting for CAA to see if it can be towed to the garage.

Edit
I guess we aren't the only ones with vehicle problems in this cold. I called 8 different towing companies. They are all booked solid for today. So we booked a rental until we can get it fixed.

Canadian eh!!!

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a quiet day so far.
An hour ago I started watching a docudrama on the the Patty Hearst/SLA thing from the 70s.
Good show, had to stop because I started to doze off lol
I'm going out to din din this evening with Ty, his new lady and all 4 kids combined.
Should be fun.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a rough night which turned into a very long tiring rough day of sitting on my a$$ doing sfa. I did manage to wash some laundry. Tomorrow is shaping up to be the same thing as today.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was just guest coaching Saber at another area school. I coach there periodically. They had a "snow day" today so the coach opened the school early and stayed late.

I came to guest coach Saber. Another mutual friend was there as guest coach for Foil. Total of 3 coaches and a trainer, which worked out well.

Had a great practice overall. Got to spend a lot of individual time with several of the kids. It was really productive. I think the kids really learned and I had a lot of fun. I was there for 3.5 hours, so I had plenty of time to do private/semi-private training and still work with a good number of students.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
The fitness center for a short workout and then physical therapy for my arthritis. Then a meeting with two state reps and a state senator about enacting a law here in Iowa. The lady I've been dating and I joined the Eagles Club (FOE) so we will end up there this evening.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a grand meal and good time at Sweetwater last night.
All 7 of us.
My grandbabies, particularly Maddie was very well behaved.
Higher temps today. 21f for the high.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was pretty early but it's starting to cloud over now. The temp is in the 60s though. I could get something done today but I can't get to my work clothes. The painters are back there and have everything covered and shut off. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Since I can't go work outside I think that I'll head to "Cowburners" for lunch, come home and a nap might be in order.

Have another funeral to attend tomorrow. I seem to spend a lot of time at funerals lately.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The fitness center for a short workout and then physical therapy for my arthritis. Then a meeting with two state reps and a state senator about enacting a law here in Iowa. The lady I've been dating and I joined the Eagles Club (FOE) so we will end up there this evening.
Sounds like my morning. Gym then physio. Then meetings this afternoon with our foster care workers. And since it's Friday the kids are all scattered going to the after school program at the boys and girls club and going for visits.

Canadian eh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.