• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
My former neighbor died. She was 90. Her late husband really helped me out. They were good neighbors.
Their son (who I hardly know) was nice enough to come to my house last week to let me know that she had passed away.
I said that I would go to her church service (It's in walking distance) but epilepsy got in the way.
So I really wanted to get to the the store to get cards to send him and their daughter.
I wrote them and addressed the cards and mailed them at the mail box outside of the store.

I need to get out and walk some more because that's a primary way I get around.
So walking distance for me is about a mile and a half.
Pretty good since my left leg is now a half an inch shorter than my right and my foot isn't the way it should be.
Epilepsy and that are all from a traffic accident.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

I'm back at emergency with an infection that seems to be spreading. Only a 20 minute wait in the lobby before getting in today. Much better than the 6 hrs last night.

Angelface

I uploaded this not long ago... pretty cute.... and I wanted to share. <3

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hmEs10JNj8"]"And you love the cake" - YouTube[/ame]

Oh and in case if anyone didn't see...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDDhRCEb4k"]She Loves to say Poo!!!! - YouTube[/ame] super cute!!

But I'm thinking of giving up uploading to youtube anyway... the kind of ugly comments you can get are pretty disgusting... I cleaned up most of them.. but ugh...

Hope everyone is having or umm had a nice day!

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'm still having trouble with my WIFI, but today it seems that it's working again. I don't get on the computer much at all now, and to tell ya the truth I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

Been cleaning my apartment today, a good spring cleaning, I have laundry to do and I still have to make my bed.

Also had lunch with a new lady friend today, she's different from the rest, I really like her, we'll see where it goes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with that. At age 87 my great grandfather went on a date with a lady 14 years younger. It turned into a 17 year long relationship till he passed away.

Today was yet another trip to see a doctor. Skipped the emergency department and went to see my family doctor at his walk in clinic. While there we got ahold of my surgeon who now wants to see me tomorrow at the hospital instead of next week. It appears I now have an incisional abscess where they repaired the hernia.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I said in another thread that weeds were going to die this afternoon at my place. I lied. This morning I got my running around done, had lunch with my wife and we came home for me to get started spraying. It was a beautiful day, about 80°F, but the wind up on my little hill was blowing 20-25 mph and gusting even higher. So, the weeds live for another day.

I took a nap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Meeting with my surgeon this morning to see what can be done about this abscess where they did surgery. Had a rough sleepless night again.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Rough night last night, but feel better today.

Working today thru Monday.

Storms coming this evening, very windy right now with the sun shining.

That's about it.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Record high temps here the last few days for this time of year. 66F yesterday and today. Snow is melting fast. I love global warming. I think I shall wash my truck. :biggrin:

Desert Dude

My Aunt just gave me a deep sea fishing rod and reel she acquired from my Uncle in her divorce 30+ years ago. It was custom made for marlin and tuna, etc.

I showed interest in it, so she gave it to me. Remember the movie 'Jaws'? It's like the one they showed in the movie.

I live in the desert, so there's not much use for it here.

I'm thinking about selling it for a few clams, when I can find the right buyer. :)

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
My Aunt just gave me a deep sea fishing rod and reel she acquired from my Uncle in her divorce 30+ years ago. It was custom made for marlin and tuna, etc.

I showed interest in it, so she gave it to me. Remember the movie 'Jaws'? It's like the one they showed in the movie.

I'm thinking about selling it for a few clams, when I can find the right buyer. :)

Lake Pleasant? :yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter

Thehulltruth.com
Plenty of pix and I'll bet you get more than you think.

Desert Dude

Thehulltruth.com
Plenty of pix and I'll bet you get more than you think.

Thanks for the link.

The reel is a Penn Reels International 2 (30 TW). An older version of this one, but almost identical.. http://www.pennfishing.com/penn-reels-conventional-reels-penn-international/penn-international-vsx-2-speed/1285652.html#mr%3AadGroup=37736479625&mr%3Aad=170431874134&mr%3Akeyword=penn%2520reels&mr%3Aplacement=&mr%3Amatch=p&mr%3Adevice=c&mr%3Aext=&mr%3Atid=kwd-31713940&mr%3Aploc=1013462&mr%3Ailoc=&mr%3AreferralID=NA&gclid=CI6iurClqtICFVKDfgodGk0LnQ&start=1

The rod has writing on it: "Custom Rewrap For 'Uncles Name' By The Bent Rod". I assume that means he had it done in his favorite colors, black with yellow and red stripes.

My Aunt said those were his colors, whatever that means. Maybe high school or college team colors I guess.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Our facility now has signs posted on all entries that we are pretty much shut down for the public visiting because of influenza.
Certain (few) family members still come in and follow the precautions.
It's never been so quiet in the main area/nurse station.

One wing has upper respiratory, the other side it's all intestinal.
No one leaves their rooms.
No activities going on, no church services, everyone eats in their rooms with disposable dinnerware.

I had to work over until 2am this morning.
Fun times!

Right now, getting myself ramped up with coffee ready to tackle another day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Still caring for my sick lovey bugs with the nasty bugs.
Doesn't look like it's going to improve much anytime soon.

Today was pretty quiet at work.
Ran out for Chinese then ate it in the conference room instead of the basement break area.

Larry and Jane are watching that show Counting Cars.
She thinks Danny the Count is hot. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm damned. If it's not one thing, it's another.

I got over my gout flare-up (mostly) and things were getting back to normal. I went to family supper last night and there was about 20 people there. Had a good time talking to everyone but I was feeling a little bit off color. I put it down to allergies but when we got home about 9:30 pm all hell broke loose, literally. It seems that I must have picked up a stomach bug on Friday. Anyway, I had a really interesting night. You don't want all the details but just let's say that this morning I weighed over 10 pounds less than I did yesterday. Try and get those results on Jenny Craig. :yum:

This morning I had massive cramps and spent most of the day trying to re-hydrate. It seems to be working as I'm back to feeling pretty OK. It's taken well over half a gallon of fluids so far though. It may another couple of pints to top up the tank. :biggrin:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Probably going for an E.K.G. that was ordered by my doctor.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Don't "probably" go ... GO!!! Once you get to a certain age you should have one every year.

My family doctor used to run an EKG as part of my physical every year. One year she noticed a change from the previous year and sent me directly to the cardiologist. He found a 70% blockage in one artery and fixed it with a stent. So, the family doctor and the EKG saved me from having the "big grabber". Everything has been great ever since.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sold another guitar this morning. Now waiting for the nurse to come change my dressings. Other than that just waiting for news on gramma.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just changed my user email address on here so I have a working one at last.
Thing is, I had to wait for a confirmation mail before I could log back in.
Thought I was in trouble or something.

:whistling::yum:

Anywhoo, going to work shortly.
Monday's tend to suck.
Hope today doesn't.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I asked a girl if she wanted to have lunch at the health food store this morning. She said her schedule didn't allow it. I almost laughed out loud!!:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just changed my user email address on here so I have a working one at last.
Thing is, I had to wait for a confirmation mail before I could log back in.
Thought I was in trouble or something.

:whistling::yum:

Anywhoo, going to work shortly.
Monday's tend to suck.
Hope today doesn't.
I just did that last week. Figured I've been here for ten years might as well update my email address to something that exists. Lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, finally got a day off.
The others are at work.. and here I am with the cat family hither and yon.
No big plans for the day except for making a meatloaf.
I'll call my sons later and yak for a bit.
Jeff went to Indy on business and stopped at the track.
Ty is out on a tow run.

This coming weekend I'll move some of my stuff to storage from the old place- and go from there.
There are several apartment complexes with one bedroom apts, but also a waiting list for the one I am most interested in.
Figures!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lazy day at home. Only thing exciting was nursing coming to change my dressings. Going for pancake dinner at the church later.

Status
Not open for further replies.