• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Carbon tax

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know how many of you southerners are aware of what our political idiots are up to up here in Canada. Without getting into to much detail, they have created a carbon tax on basically everything they can think of to encourage people to be more echo friendly. All the greenie weenie tree huggers down in Toronto are of the opinion that everyone should be driving around in a prius that gets you maybe 150 kms on a charge. That shit dont work where i live where there is often a 2-3 hr drive in between communities and there are no charging stations to speak of between Toronto and Winnipeg. Basically its like telling everyone in Alaska to drive an electric vehicle and penalizing them if they dont. Well, now they have taken things too far. Read the article in the link below.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/go-public-cremation-carbon-tax-funeral-home-1.3929133

They charged a carbon tax on a grieving family citing that the cremation of their loved one created as much emission as a home using natural gas for a year then charged a $100 carbon tax on her funeral costs. Total BS

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know how many of you southerners are aware of what our political idiots are up to up here in Canada. Without getting into to much detail, they have created a carbon tax on basically everything they can think of to encourage people to be more echo friendly. All the greenie weenie tree huggers down in Toronto are of the opinion that everyone should be driving around in a prius that gets you maybe 150 kms on a charge. That shit dont work where i live where there is often a 2-3 hr drive in between communities and there are no charging stations to speak of between Toronto and Winnipeg. Basically its like telling everyone in Alaska to drive an electric vehicle and penalizing them if they dont. Well, now they have taken things too far. Read the article in the link below.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/go-public-cremation-carbon-tax-funeral-home-1.3929133

They charged a carbon tax on a grieving family citing that the cremation of their loved one created as much emission as a home using natural gas for a year then charged a $100 carbon tax on her funeral costs. Total BS

The asshole liberals who infest the largest cities not only do not understand those of us who live rurally, they do not give a shit for us. They see us as nothing more then a bunch of uneducated hicks and totally irrelevant people. Our last election here was a good example of that.

Here in VT, the liberal running for Governor was a big carbon tax proponent desiring to establish much higher gas prices and fuel oil prices. She lost big just like the witch bitch she supported for president.

You guys need to rise up and put the Conservatives back in power like we have here or you will be doomed for decades of this kind of idiotic thinking. Liberal thinking is a cancer that needs to be cut out.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Our citizens in Alaska are busy fighting the state and EPA over whether they can burn wood in Fairbanks to keep warm. I'm hoping Trump will get rid of this along a lot of other EPA reulations promulgated under BO and his asskissers.
Mike

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh. Another thing our provincial liberal wench has been trying to pass through is something very similar to that. Basically outlawing most fireplaces and woodstoves unless they are approved. Then she wants everyone to convert from natural gas to electric. Then she raises the hydro rates to the highest in north America. When our stations have a surplus of hydro she sells it to the states at a reduced rate of less than we pay. If there's anyone that should be shot and pissed on its Kathleen Wynne. Leader of the Ontario liberal government. And people looking in at us say it's our fault for putting her in power. Wrong. It's Toronto who put her in power. The rest of the province is at their mercy and don't have a voice.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
When GWB was pres, I received an energy CREDIT on my federal taxes for installing a "renewable energy" wood burning heater,......... now the OBAMA EPA wants to outlaw them.

Thank God for the Electoral College

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Same thing as here. They want us to reduce energy usage by introducing off peak hours which makes it supposedly cheaper to do things like laundry and running the dishwasher between the hours of 7pm and 7am. So we do that and a few months down the road over 75% of our energy bill is now in delivery fees storage fees taxes on these fees etc etc to make up for the amount of energy saved. And that amount is now MORE than what we paid only months ago despite saving energy. People don't use as much energy, they increase fees so their pockets are just as full.

Bamby

Same thing as here. They want us to reduce energy usage by introducing off peak hours which makes it supposedly cheaper to do things like laundry and running the dishwasher between the hours of 7pm and 7am. So we do that and a few months down the road over 75% of our energy bill is now in delivery fees storage fees taxes on these fees etc etc to make up for the amount of energy saved. And that amount is now MORE than what we paid only months ago despite saving energy. People don't use as much energy, they increase fees so their pockets are just as full.

Well how do you propose they got the energy companies to go along with this scam? It's more or less the same thing here also the more people attempt to save the higher they are allowed to raise the rates. At one time our average electric bill was 50 a month and now it's up to 90 dollars. Course the utility lost a couple of big steel and aluminum plants that were huge power consumers and I feel we're also subsidizing their loss of that billing also. As far as wood burning is concerned if they could attach a carbon tax to it they'd likely have less of a problem with it.

On another note when a northerner blows in here we suspend doing laundry. It was one thing that I suggested that the OL actually agreed with me on. We don't live in a vacuum and when shes running the dryer it's effectively sucking it a significant amount of cold outside replacement from every crack and crevice in the house to replace it. So there's your free energy saving tip for today.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've still got a couple of rentals back home. One of which i pay the utilities. Its a two bedroom one floor. Gas costs average 75 per month but added fees bring it up to well over 200. Now they want to ad a carbon tax on that as well.