• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new way to obtain electric

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds good to me.

Instead of tethering up 5 miles, why don't they just go into the rockies and then they could almost do a ground-based solution?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the idea. And BC carried it one step further. :thumb:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I remember Al Gore developed this idea back in 1982, but the scientists of the day pooh pooh'd it. :4_11_9:

LarryRB

our electric bill has had three major increases and they just received another OK for 50% more,, Then, two weeks ago, northeast utilities "gave back" a 5% cut of the future 50 % increase, and they act like this is a big deal. I'm less than 200 feet from the Massachusetts border, where we use to have a home,. They just got an increase from 14 to 18 cents a kilowatt, here we are already paying 36 cents a watt with 45% increase before Oct 1. NE untilities sold all the power plants claiming the upkeep costs is too high,, Now they supposedly buy back at wholesale pricing.. Doesn't make sense to me as like gas, want more need more? the prices keep climbing and are long way beyond ridiculous,

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They just got an increase from 14 to 18 cents a kilowatt, here we are already paying 36 cents a watt with 45% increase before Oct 1.
:4_11_9: :4_11_9: :4_11_9:
HOLY COW!!!

I just pulled my electric bill and after our recent increase (I think it was about 35%), I now pay just a tad over $0.08 per kilowatt and that's for generation, distribution, taxes and everything.

In the winter, I think it goes under $0.06 but not sure now do to the recent increase.

Sounds like you need a kite or balloon or something up in the jetstream...

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ours is 9.88 cents per kwh for everything, generation and distribution,

Jim