• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

another st-4 saved

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
1 big guy sent me these to put up on the forum, these are of the snow trac he is going to save. Look out Big Al, there will be another snow trac out there to tow the krusty home.

Attachments

• 1bigguy1.jpg
    1bigguy1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 288
  • 1bigguy2.jpg
    1bigguy2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 1bigguy3.jpg
    1bigguy3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 1big guy4.jpg
    1big guy4.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 296

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Love the tracks!

Every other grouser is one of those rare asymetrical cast grousers mixed with standard ones.

Bet it hooks up pretty darn good with those on there. It also looks to be a canvas top model, very early 60's What is the ser. no.?

Regards, Kirk

1bigguy

Thanks Don for helping post these photos. Kirk the serial number is 766 and yes It did have a canvas top today its plywood and fiberglass.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Don for helping post these photos. Kirk the serial number is 766 and yes It did have a canvas top today its plywood and fiberglass.

Has it got an original hour meter in the dash? If so does it work still? Many have been replaced from what shows up here, but some are original and still working. Those grousers that are cast date it to around 1968 I think.

Do you know of any of it's history? I love the stories if known...

I hope you enjoy yours as much as many here do. They are a great little machine, I think....:wink:

Regards, Kirk

1bigguy

That is a great idea I never thought about finding its history, there is a guy in town that grew up with it and told me a few stories about driving it around the tundra. I will ask him to put on paper what he remembers about 766. And yes there is an hour meter I will get back to you on that. He was telling me when we were loading it that about two years before it was parked thy replaced the engine , what he said it was a porsche Ind. Out of Anch. When I get a chance to find the engine number I'll post to see if anyone may agree?